Half Marathon Trainers

another newbie! (Read 270 times)

Hi everyone! I'm pretty much still new to running, just started "training" in december and ran my first race ever last Saturday (10K). My long term goal is to run the White Rock 1/2 in December. I know I have a lot of work to do before I get there, but I look forward to the challenge!! I'm excited to get to my goal, and to see you all reach yours also!
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that HM will be a piece of cake if you can already do a 10k. I started running last Spring and did my first HM at the end of Oct. Just increase your distances gradually and stay consistent and you'll be up to 13.1 miles well before Dec. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Glad you're here!!
        Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
          Welcome to the board!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire