Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - March 9 & 10 (Read 25 times)

an amazing likeness

First weekend of March is arriving. March is always a tough running month as the weather tug of war between Winter and Spring gets underway. For those of us in the northern regions, the longer days are our first hints of the change, while the central states start dealing with spring winds. Meanwhile up in Canada...yep, still winter for a few more months.

March halfs are good fitness tests for the coming April & May marathons, so they're very popular.

We've got 5 Half Marathons and a 15K on our calendar this weekend.  The Nashville Striders put on the Tom King half, there are a lot of long-time RA members in the Nashville area, many are in the Striders -- so expect a big RA contingent and results being bantered in lots of the user groups here.

Hopefully the snowstorm hitting the mid-Atlantic area won't impact the Chambersburg Half. And, goodness Docket...your race has a 6:15AM start...you'd have to pay me to get up that early, much less actually run at that time. RunTomRun's Gate River Run 15K bills itself as the largest 15K field in the USA, so good luck with the crowds Tom.

Mar 9 jaxn Tom King Classic 13.1 mi Nashville, TN
    Mar 9 buchy2009 Tom King Classic  13.1 mi Nashville, TN
    Mar 9 jedigunnie26.2 Chambersburg Half 13.1 mi Chambersburg, PA
    Mar 9 RunTomRun Gate River Run 15K Jacksonville, FL
    Mar 9 Docket_Rocket All State Life Half 13.1 mi Miami Beach, FL
    Mar 9 mhoppe1 Alston & Bird Corp Cup Half 13.1 mi Charlotte, NC

For all our racers on Sunday morning --> Don't forget the time change is Saturday/Sunday overnight. Spring ahead.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Zelanie

Good luck to all this week's racers!

daneda

Best of luck to everyone this morning and tomorrow!

an amazing likeness

How'd everyone's day go?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mhoppe1

Race report from the Alston & Bird Corporate Cup here in Charlotte. I was going to run it slow as a warm-up for my race next weekend, but decided to run it harder because the weather was nice. I was hoping for a 1:30:00, but finished with a 1:32:52 chip time. I was definitely over-dressed for the weather once the sun came out. Legs died on me at about 11.5 miles in, lost a lot of pace. I ended up getting third in my age group overall and was second in the age group for awards. Needless to say my age group didn't have too many runners Smile

Planned (and continuing to add) Races for 2013:

02/02/13 - UNCC 49er Gold Rush 5k: 20:07

02/23/13 - Charlotte Ten Miler: 1:07:55

03/09/13 - Alston+Bird Half Marathon: 1:32:52

03/16/13 - Get Lucky Twin Cities Half Marathon: 1:30:51

04/13/13 - Charlotte RaceFest Half Marathon

07/04/13 - Red, White & Boom! Twin Cities Half Marathon

11/10/13 - Allstate Life Insurance Fort Lauderdale 13.1 Marathon

bpink76

mhoppe1 - Very nice!

2013 Goals:

5K: 25:00

10K: 52:00

Half: 2:00:00

Speedy, Mhoppe, good race!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.