Half Marathon Trainers

half marthon trainers week of January 6th (Read 233 times)

wbertha

Sorry, everyone, but I will not be able to start the thread early tomorrow. Was hoping it would be okay if we start the new thread on Sunday evening each week. Did 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym yesterday. Did a 5 miler today and it was again on the treadmill at the gym. The weather was really pretty decent outside but as I am still recovering from a recent illness, I decided for once to follow my daughter's advice and keep my runs in side for another week. BTW, the five miler today was my "long" run for the week. Ended up with just 18 miles this week and surprisingly that is up from my 14 miles last week. However, I am starting to feel better and am hoping to be up to 20 to 25 mpw soon. Sounds like it will be the Seahawks at Lambeau next week. GO PACKERS!!! Big grin wbertha
    Regina

4.5 k @ medium pace on Monday - 12.5 k @ easy pace on Tuesday - 18 k @ easy pace on Sunday. I didn't plan a break from Wednesday to Friday, in fact I wanted to run about 60 k this week. But there was too much snow and ice ... Now I'm back home from vacation and it's warmer here. So this week should work better!
        Slow 6.2kms Tuesday, 11.82kms hills last night. I now have some pain in my left heel, not sure if its from landing heavily on my heel going down hills or from stretching. It feels ok sitting, hurts walking particularly up or down stairs. I hope it will be better tonight as I need to get some mileage built up, slow start to the month because of a cold. Bertha, thanks for starting the thread, maybe we should do it for a month at a time till the numbers grow? I miss the old gang but like this site better! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

wbertha

Well, Simon, I don't have a problem with our thread being monthly. However, I apparently managed to start it twice Confused Sorry wbertha ps I miss them too!!!