Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - April 20 & 21 (Read 16 times)

an amazing likeness

Well, it's certainly not been a quiet week here in Lake RunningAhead, or for the global running community. I believe the best thing is to note  the runners of RA who were in Boston are ok, and that some had the chance to post amazing race results. My heart hurts for all those who were injured and their families. Our pain and torment over this tragedy will pass, theirs will not.

This weekend's race plans have RunTomRun in an unusual distance with a 15K event -- don't see many of those, and actually it's his second 15K of the year. Having posted a massive PR in March, he's taking another PR shot this weekend. Go get it, Tom.  After a few stutters and life-gets-in-the-way delays, Docket_Rocket looks to finally be coming up on her first ultra with a 50K -- 31 miles, that's a long day's work!   Daneda has a 5-mile trail run on the calendar and the no-pressure goal of enjoying the trail event.

Apr 20 RunTomRun Chickamauga Chase 15K Ft Oglethorpe, GA
    Apr 20 Docket_Rocket DTR Endurance 50K 50K Hobe Sound, FL
    Apr 21 Daneda Spring Backyard Burn Trail Run #4 5 mi Lorton, VA

Good luck to all our racers, hope you have well-marked trails, short potty lines and following winds.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

hog4life

I'll be doing a 5k on Sat morning after I get off work. Local race to support Hospice. It usually draws about 200 racers/walkers. I will be wearing my "I beat cancer, never give up" shirt that fellow forumite Scottydawg sent me, plus I'll put a "Boston Bib" on my back. No expectations but I'm going to run as hard as I can.

Good luck to everyone else racing

an amazing likeness

I'll be doing a 5k on Sat morning after I get off work.....No expectations but I'm going to run as hard as I can.

Looks like a 5K plan to me. But I've only run 2 of them, so my approach both times has been from the 'go hard, fade in the middle, finish hard' style -- probably not a winning approach.

Go get 'em!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Snickers1230

Good luck this weekend to the racers!

I'm doing a "Rave Run" 5k.  just one of those fun runs with some friends where you run at night with a bunch of neon lights Smile

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

hog4life

Just a quick check in, time for a nap. Finished the 5k in 24:07, good for 1st in AG, and 13th of 133 OA.

Rondog65

Good luck to all who are racing this weekend.

Hog4life congrats on getting  a 1st in AG, great time.

Snickers that sounds like a lot of fun (Did a Christmas 5K; help Santa light the tree at the start of the race, racers ran with glow sticks and lights).

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Great result Mitch!

What age group are you?

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

hog4life

Great result Mitch!

What age group are you?

Thanks Simon, 50-54 male, I've got a couple more years in this group.

Snickers1230

The digital run was fun, but super crowded!  They only let a group of people go at a time in waves, but all the sections with the lights would get all backed up with people taking pictures.  Lol.  But my friends and I had a good time and went and got some dinner after.  I wouldn't pay full price for it, but since I got it on a Group On, it was worth it.

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

daneda

Mitch - congratulations on the great results!!

Snickers - sounds like something fun to do with some friends!

As for me, I DNS.  I'm a little bummed about it, but think it was definitely the correct decision.  I've been super busy this month, running around like crazy for things for school, and last week it kinda caught up to me.  I was incredibly exhausted and started to really not feel so hot.  Tired all the time but then not sleeping well, things like that...  I decided to just take it easy last week and since I was still feeling pretty run down by the weekend I made the decision Friday night to just take it easy over the weekend, catch up on sleep as much as possible, and skip the race unless I was feeling up to it by Sunday morning.  So I did a lot of sleeping in on Sat and Sun and took a few naps, and just relaxed.  I have to say I finally started feeling much better by last night and am glad I forced the rest....  I actually only ran 11.5 miles last week.  I think in the future I need to force myself to take it easy with life every once in a while...

Snickers1230

daneda - Glad you got some rest and are feeling better!  I got some extra rest yesterday by taking a nap and then made the mistake of staying up to almost midnight...

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Docket_Rocket

I did it!  I became an ultra runner!  It was a tough course (you can read the RR in my blog - link on the sig line) but I finished and not last!  The cutoff was 8 hours and I finished in...8 hours.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Snickers1230

Congrats Damaris!  That is so awesome!

I would love to get into ultra running someday...  First will be to try out a marathon and see how I like it, I guess Smile

I did it!  I became an ultra runner!  It was a tough course (you can read the RR in my blog - link on the sig line) but I finished and not last!  The cutoff was 8 hours and I finished in...8 hours.  LOL.

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K