Half Marathon Trainers

Registered for First HM (Read 512 times)

Rundadrun27

I've finally decided to take the plunge. I've decided to register for my first Half in May 2009 . I was going to register for a Half in February, but I decided that I need more time to train. Right now my goal is just to finish. I will see how my training goes, then maybe I'll pick a time goal.
      Good luck Brian! keep building your base you will have a great time in your first half.
        Ah! You found us, welcome to the group! As Jason says, take the Boy scout approach, build up a good base and be prepared, much more fun and less anxiety that way.. Simon. Just realised you said February- in WINNIPEG! Brrrrrrr!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Prince of Fatness

Smart move holding off until May. You have plenty of time to build up your mileage. If you can be consistent, I think you can do better than just finishing. Good luck.

Not at it at all. 

Rundadrun27

Just realised you said February- in WINNIPEG! Brrrrrrr!
            That's another reason why I decided to wait until May when the weather is a little warmer. Wink
            Ringmaster

Congrats on choosing a great distance to race! You have lots of time to train and prepare. I, too, choose my race with an eye on the weather--in South Florida, May would be an insane time to run a half. I've run my half marathons in November and February instead. Keep us posted on your training!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
              Mile by Mile

Rundadrun27

Keep us posted on your training!
                Follow my training at http://rundadrun28.blogspot.com/
                  I just signed up for my first half yesterday also. May 2. Something about actually committing with the money seems like it will make me commit to the training.
                  Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, Ginny, that's great! You have plenty of time to train. Good luck!

IMKY13 finish!!

I just signed up for my first half yesterday also. May 2. Something about actually committing with the money seems like it will make me commit to the training.
                      which one are you doing?

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

IMKY13 finish!!

I've finally decided to take the plunge. I've decided to register for my first Half in May 2009 . I was going to register for a Half in February, but I decided that I need more time to train. Right now my goal is just to finish. I will see how my training goes, then maybe I'll pick a time goal.
                        which one are you doing?

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

which one are you doing?
                          Cap City Half in Columbus, Ohio
                          Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                          Rundadrun27

which one are you doing?
                            The Winnipeg Police Services Half-Marathon.