Half Marathon Trainers

2009 goals and results (Read 452 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

With 2009 winding down...how did everyone fare with their running/weight goals for 2009.  Here's how I did...

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!  so far, so good

2) Get to 210 lbs by the end of 2009...and stay there.  Not quite...made it to 215lbs

3) Get below 20% body fat (currently at 25%)  Not sure, but I highly doubt I made it to 20%

4) Break 25 minutes in a 5K  DONE!!!  PR for 5K  is now 24:33

5) Break two hours in a half marathon (current PR 2:02:43)  Technically I did this one, because at mile 13.1 of Rocket City Marathon I was 1:58:51. 

6) Run 1,400 miles for the year  Just 21 miles to go...should make this one

So, out of 6 goals....met/exceeded 4 of them, and was close on the other two.  So, all in all it wasn't a bad 2009.  Here's to an even better 2010!!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

I had one goal - Sub 2hour HM.

Flunked it - PR down by over 5 mins to 2:02:17 ... but not good enough.

There's always next year!

2017 Goals
      1) Run more than 231 miles
      2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Let's see! 

I wanted to run a marathon "Didn't Do it"

Wanted to set New PRs i the 5K, 5M, 10K and HM

5K accomplished and broke 21 minutes and won my first medal (third place)

5M Didn't run any

10K Ran one late in the season and failed

HM Accomplished and came close to breaking 1:40 

Wanted to stay injury free.  Almost did it.  Had calf problems in June that put me back, but other than that, nothing serious that kept me from running

Overall, I'm pleased with my year.  Could have been better, but it also could have been worse.

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

2009 - didn't run as many miles as I wanted (just under 800), but I stayed injury-free!  One 5K, one 10K, and one HM.  And I'M STILL RUNNING, so I count it a successful year.

Teresa, I like your thinking, still running so the year was successfull.  Probably the best summary I've read.

Larry

LPH

Happy with the year's progress.  Went from 1:59:40 at Thunder road last year to 1:51:30. I thought I could break 1:50, close enough as I could not reach my mileage goal of 1800 miles (september and October had a long vacation/work overseas which hampered my running).  Those extra 200 miles might have gotten me the 1:30. 

MTA - removed goals for 2010 from here and moved to the goals thread

Prince of Fatness

2009 was probably the best running year I've ever had.  I PR'd in 5 distances from the 5K to the marathon.  I guess that it's no coincidence that I logged over 600 miles more than I ever have in one year.

Not at it at all. 

My friend, great job. 

Larry

2009 was probably the best running year I've ever had.  I PR'd in 5 distances from the 5K to the marathon.  I guess that it's no coincidence that I logged over 600 miles more than I ever have in one year.

LPH