Half Marathon Trainers

November = Cold (Read 27 times)

A bit of a disaster run today. Two hour planned run turned into one hour run and an extra cold (-3C) and windy 45 minute walk home. Left hamstring is pouting and I'm thawing out. At least the new pants past the comfort and warmth test... The results for this week: spin-60-60-30-60. Tomorrow rest and an extra office day.

Mitch - I'm just starting to look at next year. Our local trail shop sponsors 10k trail runs through the summer - I may try that for better conditioning for a November HM (Charlotte? Philadelphia?)

Meg - hoping you feel better - transitioning to the DM is tough - take it easy with the cold.

Happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

18.15 this morning with Bella. She is such a trooper, I love running with her.

Cyberic

Great long run Mitch!

Too bad A, hope it is nothing serious.

Hamstrings still unhappy, I'm taking an extra day off and I'll have a lunchtime walk and a yoga stretch after work. Boo.

Recalculating...

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome!  I'm in Utah, which is a pretty awesome place to live and run.

I am *dragging* lately.  I realize I'm no speed demon but I'm getting over a cold and it's really interesting to see how it's just eaten my speed.  But I managed 8 miles yesterday over snowy trails, which was great for my mood.  Smile

Cyberic

But I managed 8 miles yesterday over snowy trails, which was great for my mood.  Smile

Sometimes a run just feels good. It might be for different reasons, but they are always appreciated.

Last winter my two favorite runs were the morning after a snow storm. They were not fast, not so much mileage done, but I put in the normal minutes I was supposed to run and just enjoyed being a runner, jumping over piles of snow left by plows or by people shoveling their cars, having to change my route because this given sidewalk part is not runnable, seeing the look on people's face when they see me passing by with a grin on my face while they are swearing at the snow blocking their cars.

hog4life

Emmbee,  I got a laugh about your smile and jumping over snow drifts while people fussing at the snow.

my "Half" training is gone, and being replaced by a Hal Higdon Intermediate II marathon plan. My target is the Little Rock full on March 1. I've got some trail runs on the calendar for early spring and hope to just keep my mileage up so I could run a half on a whim. I'll try to put a plan in place soon for a PR attempt.

Cyberic

November was my highest mileage month ever, at 361.9 km, or about 225 miles. I'm going to run the Montreal full marathon next September (my first), and I'm starting to increase my mileage already.

As for the cold, November has not been too bad around here. Not much snow either. The upcoming three months should be worst.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

November has been a bust for me. Ten days with a cold that had me coughing too much to run outside in the cold. It's been very cold for the last ten days as well. Windchill at -35*C most of the day today. We're at -39*C windchill at quarter to six. Hard to log many miles on the dreadmill. I struggle on the dreadmill with real boredom, even with the TV right there. I have started going to a gym so I'm getting some strength training in; that's something I've neglected so hopefully it will help.

Eric, that is a phenomenal month. Be proud of that! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Cyber - awesome mileage! Mitch, I suspect you are up there too...

Meg - I feel so wimpy not adjusting to -5C, east coast weather is a lot milder... I treadmilled twice this week, getting used to being a gym regular for awhile... So boring, I need an entire new music catalogue (or Wifi - I've asked the gym people a couple if times)

This week: extra rest day on Monday- WT- spin- 60-60-85 (based on six workout days). Nice run today warm and wet  (ended around +3) Hamstrings are better, lots of foam rolling and two half hour yoga sessions.

Early to bed for me, happy Sunday A

Recalculating...

hog4life

Eric, which plan will you use? Great month!

Meg and A, don't see how you even think about running outside in that kind of weather. Maybe the air is dryer than here in the south.

I finished November with an "official" 6.3 mile trail run. It was great to be out in the woods and running something different. I think I'll like this trail running thing. I had a really low week at 20.3, but finished Nov with 158.7.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I finished November with a pretty good run on the dreadmill at 4.35 miles. It was my second lowest month all year (second to January) due to the damn cold virus I caught midmonth and the damn cold weather demanding DM miles.

Current Ridiculous Weather Conditions

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.