Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Aug 3 & 4 (Read 11 times)

an amazing likeness

After a few weeks off....Intrepid Racers is back.  We've got racers running in races this weekend. Yeah!

Well time is certainly flying by and July is now receding into the rear-view mirror, and right in front of us are the lingering dog days of summer.  It's an odd time of year for runners, we want to will the cool morning and evening training runs of fall to come sooner...but who wants to rush the sun and warmth of the summer.  For those of us in the northern parts, and especially our Canadian contingent, these are precious running days.

On our calendar this weekend are two 10K -- Teresadfp managed to get through the lottery and into the Beach to Beacon 10K here in coastal Maine. This is a very popular race, having been founded by Joan Benoit Samuelson 10 or so years ago -- it offers us recreational runners (or at least the 5000 who make it in) the opportunity to run in a high-end professional race. Ashleyw is new to our group (welcome!)  and has put up a few race entries in the calendar...this weekend she's got a 10K in Ottawa which is part of a festival with at least 5K and 10K on tap.

HappyFeat is off into the deep, dark woods for a trail half which she usually describes as fun, but when I read the race notes she logs I see "roots, rocks, challenging course, stumble" and it makes me want to hug the asphalt when I think about it. So impressive!

Aug 3 Teresadfp Beach to Beacon 10K Cape Elizabeth, ME
    Aug 3 ashleyw National Capital 10K Ottawa, ON CA
    Aug 4 HappyFeat Port Gamble Trail Half 13.1 mi Port Gamble, WA

Wishing cool morning breezes for all our racers this weekend as you toe the line and put your training to the test. Saw this in a posting in another RA group:

"In the first half of the race, don't be an idiot. In the second half, don't be a wimp!"  ~Scott Douglas

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HappyFeat

Hey MT, I had to cancel that raceSad

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

an amazing likeness

Sorry 'bout that HF.  Sad

(Thanks for the correction.)

redleaf

Good luck Teresa! Have fun!

Hi from Toronto ashleyw! Hope the weather is great and the wind is at your back!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

an amazing likeness

Well it looks like Teresadfp hasn't been by these parts since mid-June....

HappyFeat's banned from trails by her PT....

That means it's up to you Ashleyw. Represent the HMT!

And..redleaf...have you run today young lady?  Big grin

redleaf

And..redleaf...have you run today young lady?  Big grin

the irony of course is that I'm really not all that far behind you age wise; although I rarely act my age!

I have not run today BUT all my stuff is packed for our drive up north this evening where I will have three lovely days out of the city and new paths to explore. (Path for me does not equal trail; those scare me still I mean actual path, or road or something similar).

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

ashleyww

Well I did indeed do my race today.  It was cool with a light breeze, so the perfect weather for running.  I finished the 10K in 1:11:59, which was well below my goal (and previous PB) of 1:15:45.  I liked the course being marked in km instead of miles.  It made the race seem to go by faster!

Rondog65

I did do the Irish Pub Race after all.  I had been indecisive about the race all week and made a run at it after all.  The weather was overcast and threatening rain, but it held off till after the race.  Chip time of 46:49, 8:55 pace.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Zelanie

Ashley- Welcome and congratulations on smashing your goal in your 10K!  I look forward to following your training!

Rondog- Congrats on your race too! Smile

an amazing likeness

According to the results Teresadfp ran a 1:19:36 today in the Beach to Beacon 10K.

an amazing likeness

Wowza...a PR of over 3 minutes in a 10K.  Congratulations!  Nicely done.

Well I did indeed do my race today.  It was cool with a light breeze, so the perfect weather for running.  I finished the 10K in 1:11:59, which was well below my goal (and previous PB) of 1:15:45.  I liked the course being marked in km instead of miles.  It made the race seem to go by faster!