Half Marathon Trainers

Bring on October! (Read 31 times)

Mitch - wow, you are putting in some great mileage.

Barb - amazing streak, that's six solid months of running!

Meg - I'm glad the ankle is ok, have a great time in TO, wish I could have fit it in this year.... I've been looking for a November race so maybe the 2015 will work out well...

This week, I ran a short recovery run on Monday (Thanksgiving - the husband made a great moose stew!) and then rested this week - also had a yucky cold so I guess  I really needed the rest. Today, 4.85 miles easy, legs feel dull but were very happy to get back to running. Unusually warm and steamy, could be an August day - it was great to see so many folks taking advantage of the day, walking, running and riding. Then I worked on digging up some new beds for next years garden, planted some bulbs. Great morning! Another 5 planned for tomorrow if the legs feel up to it.

Happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...

Cyberic

17 for me this morning that felt really good. Ha, maybe I should have done a few more.

That's about as much as I've ever run in a single run.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hey guys!  I can run again finally. Smile  I've run two 3 milers, and everything feels good so far!  So that's good news.

D- I know that your racing schedule changed a bit, but I wasn't sure what to chance in the calendar.  I took off the 50K since I know you're not running that one, right?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

This morning, I can't wait to get out for a run even though I've still got some residual stiffness in my hips. I need to get kids off to school and a few things first though.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Docket_Rocket

Hey guys!  I can run again finally. Smile  I've run two 3 milers, and everything feels good so far!  So that's good news.

D- I know that your racing schedule changed a bit, but I wasn't sure what to chance in the calendar.  I took off the 50K since I know you're not running that one, right?

Yes, but I am cancelling or changing many more.  I'll head over there and check.  Thanks!

Nice 3.

Morning!  Pilates and weights tonight.  Ran 8 last night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

This morning, I can't wait to get out for a run even though I've still got some residual stiffness in my hips. I need to get kids off to school and a few things first though.

Congrats on the race and on the FEs and stuff.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

an amazing likeness

This is probably too old of a reference...but can anyone recall the scene in the movie Bull Durham where there's a conclave at the pitcher's mound; the manager trots out and asks "...hey, what's going on here? Aren't we playing a game?".  Then in response, they give him a list of all the issues of the day -- outside the game.

Since this is my first time back on RA for more than a minute or two in the last few weeks, that's sort of how I feel -- what's going on?  Let's see...looks like there was a meetup in Toronto  -- was that from the LLR group?  Docket ran Chicago and is now heading off the NY -- so no race under 40K entrants there. Meg has run more races in the last 2 months than she normally does in a year, and having great success, yeah!

What else?

Me...I'm just struggling with leg problems. Worked through soleus and a achilles issues in my right leg in Sept, and now have tendonitis and shin splints in my left leg. Uggh...don't know if it's age or what, but I used to be resilient and just chugged along, but the last 14 months have been one issue after another. It's getting wearing.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Cyberic

Me...I'm just struggling with leg problems. Worked through soleus and a achilles issues in my right leg in Sept, and now have tendonitis and shin splints in my left leg. Uggh...don't know if it's age or what, but I used to be resilient and just chugged along, but the last 14 months have been one issue after another. It's getting wearing.

Didn't really hear from you since that relay race you did I think. Still having leg issues? That sucks. Aren't the issues in the left leg due to gait alteration due to compensation because of earlier problems with the right leg?

Hi guys!

MT - good to hear from you, sorry about the leg issues. Shin splint seems very unusual with your previous mileage... Any second opinion diagnosis?

Good week for me - 4 easy runs this week (60-60-70-60) in minutes, and one spin class. Starting the winter work on base mileage.

Happy Sunday, A

Recalculating...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I got in a great 5 miler yesterday. It was 13*C with hardly a breeze. That's about 55*F which is warm for this time of year. Usually we're in the 5-7*C (41-45*F) range and often have snow around now. I stepped on something (best I can figure) on Friday and have a sore spot on the bottom of my foot, but it didn't get worse running. I stopped on the mile markers to walk a bit and check. It feels bruised. I still feel it a bit today. Annoying. It doesn't bother me in the morning and isn't worse when I'm moving around.

MT, we are all an experiment of one. You'll figure it out.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

MT, sorry about the leg issues. Hope you can get recovered soon.

I will go for a recovery run later when it cools off some. The HM yesterday was a blast.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Been running but my asthma has been bad too.  I think it's finally OK so I'll keep running some more.  Ha.  NYCM this weekend for me.

MT, sorry about the leg issues.

Cyberic, nice picture.

ayola, nice job this week.

Meg, nice 5!

Mitch, hope your recovery run went well.

I have 6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

redleaf

Made up a plan and started on the right foot this morning 6:30 am yoga boot camp class Smile Hockey tonight at 9:30 is gonna hurt I think.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

redleaf

Took me longer than usual but I finally got my first run in post-half this morning. So far so good Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362