Half Marathon Trainers

September is here! (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 2 mile intervals at HMP went horribly.  My lungs just cannot handle HMP (by HR or by pace).  Meh.  4 miles and weights tonight.

Meg, nice weather.  At least it sounds like to me, the one that gets 90F during Winter.  Send me some of that cool weather.

milktruck, sorry about the calf.  Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

3 miles this morning. Felt good.

Docket are you going to be in Boston, MA for the race?

MT sorry about the calf. Sounds like it hurt like heck. Hope it goes well for the relay.

Meg - I refuse to think snow!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I don't think we are getting any white stuff, but Calgary is 8 hours by car west of us and they've had 14" of it since Monday. I can't even imagine. I've dreadmilled the last two days because it's a big change going from running in 18-22*C or 65-72*F on the weekend to running in 5-6*C or 42-44*F now. Not ready for cold; we'll hit -40*C or -40*F cold plus windchill making it feel colder this winter so we appreciate a long fall. On advice of LLR experts, I'm dropping my mileage about 1/3 this week while recovering from my race. Next week I'll gear up again.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

Back to back days of 5 milers. Leg feels good, and I tried to increase the pace for a few miles. I think my original goal of sub 1:55 for my half next week is looking bleak. I found out today that there will be pacers starting at 1:40, and then in 10 minute increments to 2:30. I'm seriously thinking about going out with the 1:50 group and see what happens. Is this being too aggressive considering my low August miles and my leg issue? In all reality, starting with the 2:00 group sounds better, but I want to push myself. I had a pretty good base going into my leg injury, so, how much fitness did I really loose in the question.

MT, good luck with the relay this weekend, don't push yourself too much to where you hurt yourself more.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with a huge migraine but fortunately, I am working from home so I could medicate myself.  I have Pilates, weights, and 5 miles tonight.  Hoping to do it all.

Barbs, nice job on the run.  Yes, we arrive Saturday at noon and leave right after the race.  So much for enjoying Boston, but I'm hoping we could see some places, including the Boston Marathon finish line and make a tribute to the people that died there.

Meg, I have friends in Calgary and their pictures are surprising.  Snow when we are still in the high 90s.  Weird.

Mitch, just do the best you can.  You just came back from an injury.  Take it easy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Aww.. to bad you weren't here a litlle longer we could have had a mini meet up with a few other LLR ladies.  Good luck!

Barbs, nice job on the run.  Yes, we arrive Saturday at noon and leave right after the race.  So much for enjoying Boston, but I'm hoping we could see some places, including the Boston Marathon finish line and make a tribute to the people that died there.

2 miles this morning as I was really tired, but it felt good...

Hog - be careful and listen to your body.

HF # 1189

Docket_Rocket

Aww.. to bad you weren't here a litlle longer we could have had a mini meet up with a few other LLR ladies.  Good luck!

2 miles this morning as I was really tired, but it felt good...

Hog - be careful and listen to your body.

That would have been great!  We will plan for next time.

Ran 5 yesterday.  Descending into Boston.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

8.8 with 5 miles in the middle at 8:56, 8:57, 8:55, 8:59, 8:29.

I have decided not to run with the 1:50 pacer, but will start with the 2:00 group to control the start, then try to ease out in front of them a little. Does this sound reasonable ?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Will you have any opportunity to speak to the pace bunnies before? Okay, citing clearly that I am bitter about the pace bunnies at my recent race who could not keep pace (the 2:15 came in more like 2:22 and the 2:30 came in around 2:25),  I would likely try to speak to the pace bunnies if they are in the crowd pre-race to see what their strategy is. Here, the pace bunnies sometimes did 10:1 run:walk and some know they will be right on time the whole race and some know from the start they might be fast to start. Not bad to know that ahead. That said, if the bunnies are on target, going out with the 2 would help set early pace for sure.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Loving the nice cool mornng in NE right now..Last long run on Sunday, before my half 10 miles and it felt pretty good.  Hoiping we have as good a weather Sunday less the wind.. My legs were very sore after so I actually finally used my calf sleeves, and what a difference.  Did not bother me the rest of the day and felt ok this morning for my 2.5 mile recovery run.

Trying nto to stress out about the race - I don't think I have ever run a half wit such a small feild - only 400 runners and I don't think it has filled up yet.  I am already getting a little nervous and it is way to early for that.

Hog - I think it sounds reasonable - I always have a hard time starting out slow.  Listen to the body.

HF # 1189

an amazing likeness

I have decided not to run with the 1:50 pacer, but will start with the 2:00 group to control the start, then try to ease out in front of them a little. Does this sound reasonable ?

Yes!  Much better than the other way -- starting with 1:50 and fading. The key will be to hold off on deciding to pull away until something past halfway. Personally, I'd evaluate at 8mi and decide if it's time to go or wait longer.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Cyberic

8.8 with 5 miles in the middle at 8:56, 8:57, 8:55, 8:59, 8:29.

I have my own personal pacer on my watch. I set it to the exact distance and goal time and then follow the watch.

As for giving you advice, I don't feel qualified for the job

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Busy weekend for us traveling back and forth from Boston.  We had a great time.  RR in the racing thread, if you are interested.

I did 6 miles last night.  Tonight I have 7.

Mitch, good luck with the HM.  I don't do well with pacers.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Sorry to hear about your calf Milk Truck! Hope it heals ASAP!

Good luck with your race this weekend Hog4life!

Nice running ladies!

Been busy. Husband has been in NJ during the week and dd had her first softball tournament this weekend. They did great. I got sick on Friday and ended up taking my very first day off of running since June 15th on Sunday. I ran my 20 miles with 10 at marathon pace (actually a bit slower since my hamstring is still a bit tight) and a "recovery" 8 today. So glad I only have a few more workouts before my my marathon and no more long runs. I'm so ready to start tapering

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Perfect morning - one drop above gloves temperature (8*C) long sleeves long shorts - it was clear and dark this morning, the stars were out - I guess summer is over and I guess I have to look for my head lamp.

I ran 7 miles with a couple in the 11m/m -an OK run. I'm still considering race pace - it's getting slower and slower.

Happy Wednesday, A

Recalculating...