Half Marathon Trainers

September is here! (Read 30 times)

hog4life

September is here, so we should all start to see cooler weather, and this should mean some good racing.

I'll be starting this month with a rest day.

Cyber, when shit hits the fan for you, you will do great. For me, a key was being some what fit going into it. Thanks for the vote of confidence. As I rebound from this last setback, I hope to make a stronger recovery. I'll have to wait though to see how it plays out. With several more halves this Fall, I might have a window, or I may just need to wait for early Spring. There is a half in February that I already have my eye on.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Well, I'm starting the month with a bit of ice on my knee. It's a bit stiff as if I'm jammed it. Not swollen much and feeling more normal after icing. I was at a football game yesterday and wonder if I just moved it funny. Not concerned. 2 miles today. Race is Sunday so easy runs all week. I need to focus on getting rested and eating well all week. And school starts tomorrow for my kids.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

Well, I'm starting the month with a bit of ice on my knee. It's a bit stiff as if I'm jammed it. Not swollen much and feeling more normal after icing. I was at a football game yesterday and wonder if I just moved it funny. Not concerned. 2 miles today. Race is Sunday so easy runs all week. I need to focus on getting rested and eating well all week. And school starts tomorrow for my kids.

I sure hope your knee is okay. Be sure to hydrate all week too.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Will do. Going to do a 1-2 miler today. Thankfully, the forecast all week is 18-20*C (mid 60sF) so it's not going to be a hydration nightmare week. Smile

MTA: Knee was fine on my easy 2 miler today.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Cyberic

Hola amigos,

September. This is my last week with a higher mileage, before easing into a taper.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  We are back from California where I ran the Disneyland Half Marathon with my husband.  We had fun.  Did 7 with 4 @ MP on Saturday before we left Miami.  Tonight, I have Pilates and 7 miles.

Mitch, hope your rest day went well.

CanadianMeg, sorry about the knee.  Hope it's nothing major.  Good luck on your race.

Cyberic, bring on the taper!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Morning!  We are back from California where I ran the Disneyland Half Marathon with my husband.  We had fun.  Did 7 with 4 @ MP on Saturday before we left Miami.  Tonight, I have Pilates and 7 miles.

Mitch, hope your rest day went well.

CanadianMeg, sorry about the knee.  Hope it's nothing major.  Good luck on your race.

Cyberic, bring on the taper!

Another half in the books, han? That's good Mrs Rocket, that's very good!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 tonight.

Cyberic, yeap. He is doing great.  If he was the forum kind of person, I would send him to this group.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redleaf

Finally did a nice easy 4.5km run yesterday morning without any pain in my shoulder at all. And promptly felt it crunch during an awesome save in last night's game - seriously Cyberic99 it was like my best save to date!

Anyway ARGH it's a bit tender today and I'll likely get yelled at at physio tomorrow but I'll ice it tonight and take more ibuprofen and try to stick with the plan regardless (next run = tomorrow morning = 6.5km should be at "race pace" but thanks to not much running the last few weeks I'll do what I did yesterday - nice and easy 5:1s)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Cyberic

Finally did a nice easy 4.5km run yesterday morning without any pain in my shoulder at all. And promptly felt it crunch during an awesome save in last night's game - seriously Cyberic99 it was like my best save to date!

Anyway ARGH it's a bit tender today and I'll likely get yelled at at physio tomorrow but I'll ice it tonight and take more ibuprofen and try to stick with the plan regardless (next run = tomorrow morning = 6.5km should be at "race pace" but thanks to not much running the last few weeks I'll do what I did yesterday - nice and easy 5:1s)

AAh, too bad about the shoulders. But the save must have felt good! Big grin

Today I actually paid for the upcoming floor hockey season. After much thought, I decided to continue playing. I love running, but I feel like I'm missing something when I'm not playing hockey.

hog4life

Cyber, I was born in one of the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan, and I remember playing hockey as a little boy. Our grandpa used to clean the pond with his tractor when the snow was too deep for us to clean with a shovel. I had an uncle that went to college up near Alpena on a hockey scholarship, and if I would have stayed in the north, I'm sure that would have been my sport of choice.  If it's something you truly love, don't worry about the running. Use the running as you cross training and conditioning.

Docket, you and hubby impress me with all the big races you guys do.

Zel, you are becoming my new rock star! Your training is so disciplined, you are going to smoke your upcoming races(full).

I got a 9.4 mile LR on Sunday, then 4.25 on Tuesday. Today I did a 9 mile ride on the bike with a few hills to get the heart rate up.

an amazing likeness

Anyone want to run the 200 mile Reach the Beach relay in NH next weekend (9/12 - 9/13)? Our team lost a runner today due to work shipping them off to somewhere at the last minute.  It'd be a unique way to have an early fall foliage tour in NH!

Seriously...we do need a runner if anyone is interested joining the party.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Zelanie

Mitch- You are my hero for staying strong in the face of obstacles.  As for me, we will just have to see.  One more month of training to hang in there.

Cyberic

Mitch, running will remain my main sport. It's just that this summer I'm up to 6 and sometimes 7 days of running per week. This winter I'll be playing hockey once a week. It leaves plenty of time for running. But I get what you're saying. I started running for that in the first place.

Thanks MT, but for now, I'm still a lonely runner, who doesn't travel to run/race.

redleaf

Mitch, running will remain my main sport. It's just that this summer I'm up to 6 and sometimes 7 days of running per week. This winter I'll be playing hockey once a week. It leaves plenty of time for running. But I get what you're saying. I started running for that in the first place.

Thanks MT, but for now, I'm still a lonely runner, who doesn't travel to run/race.

And I started running 'cause of a hockey injury - my same damn shoulder!

I slept in this morning so I'll be doing my slow and easy 6.5 km tonight wheeeee

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362