Half Marathon Trainers

Runchicrun: now it's your turn..! (Read 390 times)

bas

...so: Good luck, enjoy your race and tell us all about it! We will be cheering you on!! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

madness baby

Hey, thanks for the cheers!! It was a great morning. We're back in LA and exhausted, but I'll give a race report very soon. The good news is I finished in 2:09Tight lippedx and am thrilled with a 9:52 pace. First time I've ever run 13 miles! I'll be back with more details. Smile Deb
      deb
        YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
        Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4

Finished!

ooh! awesome Big grin Congratulations!
          Walk + Jog = wog.
          I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
          I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
          bas

Great! Good time & pace, certainly for your first HM. You will give us that race report, won't you? bas

madness baby

Thanks Bas. I will, I promise! I came down with the flu that night. . . No good! Sad I will write one up this weekend.
              deb

madness baby

I have finally posted my race report in the racing section of the main page. One day I'll learn how to make one of those "click here" links! Thanks to everyone for your support and well wishes. They certainly helped me believe I could do it!
                deb
                Running Bear

Congratulations! You had posted earlier that your training was similar to the plan I'm trying out, (One tempo run, one hill run, one long run) how did that work out? Is there any thing you would have changed or focused on more? It sounds like your pace is almost identical to mine, right around 10 min / mile. Although I don't think I could keep it up for 13 miles yet!

madness baby

Congratulations! You had posted earlier that your training was similar to the plan I'm trying out, (One tempo run, one hill run, one long run) how did that work out? Is there any thing you would have changed or focused on more? It sounds like your pace is almost identical to mine, right around 10 min / mile. Although I don't think I could keep it up for 13 miles yet!
                    Oh, you'd be surprised at the actual race! I did generally follow the RW plan, but since I was only in my first 6 months of running, I didn't really do tempo runs (as someone on RA advised). My typical runs do have some little hills, so I didn't specifically seek out hills. I did stick very closely to the plan's mileage, though, and I wouldn't change anything about that. Feel free to look through my log if that helps- you could graph from 10/15/06 to 2/1/07. I did find the shorter races in there to be helpful in training. I would recommned that, as I wasn't used to going to races and the races challenged me to find a faster pace. I hope your training goes very well! When is your race again?
                    deb
                    Running Bear

I have a whole year. The AT&T Austin HM is next February. I have a good friend who just deployed to Afghanistan and we agreed that when he gets back we will run it. The good news is that there are several 10ks and a few 10 mile races here in and around Austin before then so I plan on making good use of them.

madness baby

That's right, sorry, I forgot. You have some good time and will be well-trained!
                        deb
                        bas

Just found your race report. Thanks for posting it. and congrats again! Smile bas