Half Marathon Trainers

July (Read 34 times)

HappyFeat

So this is how my week has been....stung by a bee on Sunday...in a Benadryl haze for several days....saw this reply of yours days ago, MT, and didn't even realize it was addressed to me! Blush  Anyway yes I see I have to make my log Public if I want to email the link to someone outside  RA.  I thought there might be a way to still limit it to User Groups and also let someone outside look in, but I don't think so.

Planning on a 14-mile LR tomorrow morning.  It's unbelievable how much sunshine we've been getting here in PNW! It's been just like a Real Summer!!!! I'm LOVING it!

Hmmm....thinking (typing) out loud...the log page is just another web page on the www.  You should be able to give the URL of your log to anyone and they can use that to see your log.  For example, my log is at:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/786d843cbeae47d6a4e4b46da6cd1a5d

If I share that link with someone who isn't an RA user, they can view all the public parts of my log.  If I wanted to make that easier to link to, I suppose I could use something like TinyURL.com to make a friendlier URL:

http://tinyurl.com/kh65jqj

Does that help?  Or did I misread your question?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

First week of training almost done (8 miler tomorrow). The feet are complaining a bit (PF), I rolled my calves out today and I'm scheduling a massage ASAP. besides that I'm just getting used to getting up early, eating clean and alot less vino. Ahhhhhhh vacation....

MT - always wanted to do the Peak's 5 miler. I've been to the island for a wedding, so pretty. Then There's the less glamorous Bangor 5 miler the Sunday before Labor Day. No beer and one atrocious hill.

Happy -  sorry about the bee sting...

have a great Saturday, A

Recalculating...

an amazing likeness

I'm 50:50 on it...but hoping to get out the door in the morning for a 5-miler that loops the perimeter road of a nearby island (Peaks Island). It's a great atmosphere...about 400 runners usually, lots of summer folks, heading over on the ferry full of runners...a lobster bake afterwards (optional and $)...good beer tent.  We'll see.

I did head out for the race after all and had a pretty good day -- ran a personal best for the course...but not anything close to 5 mile PR -- this is a pretty hilly course and usually a hot day. It was pretty hot...about 78F and still -- no breeze at all, and the hills made me run right at redline for aerobic, especially in the section from mile 3 - 4, which means you spend 4 to 4.5 just trying to recover.  Ran a 37:47, and what's interesting is that each mile split as 10 secs slower as the heat and hills took their toll.

Since Ayola mentioned it, I'll post some photos:

First is the course map and elevation.  The section from start to mile 2 is by FAR the most beautiful race section I've ever run. Sorry, but no pics of that. Then you climb and down from 2 -4, the flat to the finish.

The island is served by ferry, and on the way out it was dead calm as we passed the Spring Point lighthouse which marks the last entrance to the harbor. Out there...past that large ship...the next land you'd hit is Ireland:

The race venue is a the island's community house / Lions Club. Everyone congregates here before the race and stacks their claim to a spot on the lawn for the lobster bake or personal picnics afterwards:

After the race, the beer tent was at a B&B on the island which was being setting up for someone's wedding later in the day...until the runners invaded. Check out the gazebo in the background...

And finally, the ferry ride back was a boat full of runners and tourists heading for home:

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Zelanie

MT, thanks for sharing the pics, and I'm glad you got to end the month on a positive note as far as racing goes!

Me- Things are still clicking along nicely. I'm on vacation in California now and looking foreward to getting my miles in from down here!