Half Marathon Trainers

First Half Marathon! (Read 931 times)

I'm runing in my first half marathon this saturday 9/9 the "Cheesehead Half Marathon " anyone have any advice?
      Enjoy the experience, don't worry so much about finishing time as just finishing, and get a free massage afterwards!

Needs more cowbell!

No advice, other than to have fun. Smile BTW, Cheeseheads are the BEST people on the planet! I know, 'cause I was born and raised one (moved across the lake when I was 20 and have been in MI for 13 years, now, but it's not nearly as cool as the great state of beer, cheese, and brats)! Big grin k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Enjoy the experience, don't worry so much about finishing time as just finishing, and get a free massage afterwards!
          Free massage? Did somebody say free massage? Where do I sign up?

Roads were made for journeys...

Good luck, Chris! Be sure to tell us how it went!

Roads were made for journeys...

they have free massages when you finish? I never heard about that Smile
              bas

they have free massages when you finish? I never heard about that Smile
                We have them here sometimes! Last year at the Ansterdam HM I had one, and it was great. It made it possible for me to ride my bike home... I hope they offer it again this year. About your HM: everything the others said, make sure you drink enough on the way. Good luck! Cheeseheads? De Ruyter? Sounds very Dutch to me Smile bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Needs more cowbell!

Cheeseheads? De Ruyter? Sounds very Dutch to me Smile bas
                  Bas, email me harumph@gmail.com and I'll tell you my last name--it's about as Dutch as they come (though it's my married name. I don't think I have any Dutch blood, but I do have Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Scot). Big grin k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

I'm 50% Dutch, my dad being 100% Smile And I just ran the Holland Fest run a couple of weeks ago in my home town Smile http://www.hollandfest.com
                      the great state of beer, cheese, and brats)!
                      I just ran the Brat Days run a couple weeks ago Big grin the only run that I know of where they give you a brat on a stick for finishing!

Needs more cowbell!

I just ran the Brat Days run a couple weeks ago Big grin the only run that I know of where they give you a brat on a stick for finishing!
                        Hey, is that the 4 mile Brat Trot?! My brother and I are planning to do that together next year--the rest of the family will plan to do the fun walk. I am already totally psyched for that! Big grin k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Hey, is that the 4 mile Brat Trot?!
                          That's the one! Big grin I live in Sheboygan where Brat days is held..

Needs more cowbell!

That's the one! Big grin I live in Sheboygan where Brat days is held..
                            No way! How cool is that! I have used "Body by Johnsonville" as my ID on a message board or two...I seriously could live on those little suckers--just boiled up some in beer last night and grilled them tonite, as a matter of fact! Big grin k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

My Cousin (who lives with me) works at Johnsonville Big grin so we eat alot of brats around here!
                                oops.. I accidentaly typed my message into what was supposed to be a quote... lol