Half Marathon Trainers

First Half Marathon! (Read 931 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, cheap/free Johnsonville brats?! I would be in HEAVEN! There is nothing better than a beer brat and a bottle of Leinie's with a big slice of 5 year cheddar for a side dish! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

bas

I'm 50% Dutch, my dad being 100% Smile And I just ran the Holland Fest run a couple of weeks ago in my home town Smile http://www.hollandfest.com
      I looked at the site - nice, 'welkom' in Dutch, a recipe for 'oliebollen' (zoom-zoom, if you eat those after your bratwurst you won't run for a few days... , but they taste *good*!) and of course the 10K run you mentioned. Do you still speak (some) Dutch? bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bas, are those the same thing as "fatballs?" Fatballs are some delectable fried thing--like a giant doughnut hole--then they are filled with fruit filling or custard. OMG, those are awesome! A few local festivals have stands that sell them as "Dutch Fatballs." k

~ Sarah Kay

They are basically just large donutholes Big grin they come either plain or with raisens in them.
            There is nothing better than a beer brat and a bottle of Leinie's with a big slice of 5 year cheddar for a side dish!
            You definately grew up in Wisconsin! Big grin
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You definately grew up in Wisconsin! Big grin
              I sure did--you can take the Cheesehead out of WI, but you can't take the WI out of the Cheesehead! I used to work at a restaurant in Holland, MI that is owned by a woman who was from Eau Claire. We had Leinie's Red on tap. It was like a little bit of home there. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

My big race is tomorrow! Thanks for the support everyone! I will let you all know how it went.
                  I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as I run my (mapped) half marathon. Don't know if this link to my map works or not but here is a try. It is mostly an out and back because we live in a deep, narrow valley. To go either west or east would be absolutely brutal even though most of my training has rolling hills in them. Anyway, for anyone curious (and if it works) here is my map as evidence (not proof) of my run tomorrow. My Personal Half Marathon

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Good luck, Chris! Good luck, John! May your feet be fleet!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sleep well and run like hell tomorrow, guys! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Just got back from running my first half marathon! Everything went really well I finished in 1 hours 54 minutes. Pace 8:43 minutes per mile. Even better than I had hoped for!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Chris, that's awesome! How was the weather on your side of the lake? It's pretty chilly, here. That's kind of nice for a long race like that. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Just got back from running my first half marathon! Everything went really well I finished in 1 hours 54 minutes. Pace 8:43 minutes per mile. Even better than I had hoped for!
                            Great job!!! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

It's pretty chilly, here. That's kind of nice for a long race like that.
                              I was freezing before the race Big grin i think it was like upper 50's when we started and lower 60's by the time we finished.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, that sounds exactly like what we are having today. I think it's low 60s right now. I'm planning to get out on my 2 hour run in the next hour or so and I am really tempted to wear pants...I'm already wearing long sleeves. k

~ Sarah Kay