Half Marathon Trainers

First Half Marathon! (Read 931 times)

I was referring to a marathon.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

I'm planning on doing a marathon by the end of next summer. I don't think I'm ready for it yet this year.
        I've been wanting to do one for 25 years but as the training gets more intense and time consuming I could never quite make it.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

maybe next year is your year too Big grin you did the HM at a good pace this year.. you never know!
            after my 10 miler and HM there's nothing until Spring...*sniff*
            Have you ever checked out www.runningintheusa.com for races? There may not be too many more HM's but there should be some 5K's or something you could do. I'm going to keep running races as late as I can into the year to keep me motivated Big grin http://www.runningintheusa.com/RacesByState.asp?State=MI&Month=9
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you ever checked out www.runningintheusa.com for races? There may not be too many more HM's but there should be some 5K's or something you could do. I'm going to keep running races as late as I can into the year to keep me motivated Big grin http://www.runningintheusa.com/RacesByState.asp?State=MI&Month=9
              Yup, that's generally where I find the races I've registered for. But after my HM there really aren't any races within an hour or so, sadly enough (quite a few in the Detroit area, but with the price of gas and lodging it quickly becomes a pricey endeavor). And I'm becoming less and less a fan of 5ks. Too fast, too anticlimactic, and too $$ to register for many of those. I'm finding that I like the longer distances (funny coming from a former sprinter). Next year I don't think I will do anything shorter than a 10k. Luckily there are some races as early as Feb., so there won't be *too* many months without any race goals in mind. I'm pretty much looking at a race/month from then through Fall...10k, 15k, 10mi, 25k, etc... k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay