Half Marathon Trainers

May (Read 17 times)

hog4life

Here's a link to my RR from my stage race, I cant seem to move any pics at work. I had an 8k with Ainsley's Angels on Saturday with 3 riders and 9 of us runners pushing. Then Sunday did a 12 mile LR with Bella.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/ca128c6ee8ed43b799dd7980d12e0a54/resume#focus

Barb or Damaris, will this stage race qualify me to moon up in HF?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I love the photo with the tree roots! Smile

I'm not Barb or D, but I don't think you can count it for HF moons because the total duration is >5hours and total distance is >26.1.

I think my plan for May is to hold weekly mileage and figure out what to do for half training starting in June.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

I love the photo with the tree roots! Smile

I'm not Barb or D, but I don't think you can count it for HF moons because the total duration is >5hours and total distance is >26.1.

I think my plan for May is to hold weekly mileage and figure out what to do for half training starting in June.

Thanks Meg, they also had it set up where you could just do one day, so that's why I was asking. I know trail distances are not "certified" but I was kind of hoping, haha. Guess I get to keep my one moon.

When is you half? I got one in Sept, and I think my training starts in June also.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Sept 13 I'm running what is usually my goal race of the year. http://www.runqcm.com/ It will be my 6th time running it, but they are changing the course this year and I can't wait to find out what they are doing. It is a Boston-Q race so I'm guessing they are waiting to get the full certified before they announce changes. I learned a lot doing 3 halfs last fall in 42 days (first time I've ever run more than 1 in a year) so this year, I am doing just two, but I'd really like to PR at QCM after a very disappointing finish there last year.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

From the Internet.

TAPER TAPER TAPER! 10 miles with 6 at 8:13 pace this morning, now I just have to survive until the 17th and keep my legs loose!

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Toddler nephew brought the weaponized toddler germs.  Hoping to get out tomorrow and run, but a respiratory illness 11 days out is not what I needed!   Someone please tell me it will be okay!

I don't believe so.  .  Great pictures though and sounds like a great race.

Here's a link to my RR from my stage race, I cant seem to move any pics at work. I had an 8k with Ainsley's Angels on Saturday with 3 riders and 9 of us runners pushing. Then Sunday did a 12 mile LR with Bella.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/ca128c6ee8ed43b799dd7980d12e0a54/resume#focus

Barb or Damaris, will this stage race qualify me to moon up in HF?

Got in some Lactate Threshold training this morning for 2 miles.  felt better than last week, but didn't quite hit the pace the coach put out there.  Happy with how it went and how I felt.  Ran into some nasty black flies/gnats, sure sign of spring and to keep the muth closed while running!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have been busy with work, sorry.  I am sick today but managed 7 on Monday, 7 on Tuesday (with Pilates) and Pilates last night.

Mitch, I don't think it would qualify.  Sorry.  Great job, though!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

5 miles easy with Bella.

Docket_Rocket

I was super sick yesterday but still managed Pilates class and 7 miles.  Tonight, I feel much better, so I will try the 10 with 6 at MP, depending on the coughing and sniffling.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

3.65 esy miles tis moring.

D - I don't know how you do it.  Please be careful and get better soon.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

From the Internet.

Last double digit run before my race is done!! *flails wildly* Easy 10, first long-ish run in weeks without a quality component, still ended up with 9:27 average pace. My legs have so much energy I can't even deal. Hoping that will mean good things come race day!

hog4life

I got 12 this morning, then helped with the timing of a 5k.

an amazing likeness

Ran the Big Lake Half today in the lakes region of New Hampshire, my 2nd time running this event. This was my 3rd half for 2015 and the first where I felt ok heading into the event -- not especially 'tigger-ish', but ok, with just general aches, pains and soreness from being an old guy.

Posted a 1:42+ for time, and somehow managed to be 3rd in AG, but more importantly it was 3 min improvement on my last half in April, so as my various leg injuries are healing, I'm improving. That's actually quite a relief after 8+ months of struggling.

Next up...Covered Bridges Half (VT) in June -- one of my favorite half courses out of the 40+ I've run.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Sidelined this week with severe congestion, but trying not to worry too much.  I'm feeling okay except for the lack of air, so I did a little bit of lifting and will do yoga tomorrow.  Better healthy and a bit slow than sick next weekend!  The nice thing about being a new runner is that even a crappy training cycle is likely to result in a better time.  I was training for 1:55, and I managed an easy 2:04 at the end of March, so I think I can pull sub-2 if I'm healthy.