Half Marathon Trainers

October thread (Read 344 times)

Nice work on the mileage goals folks.

For me, thanks to Sandy and a prolonged race recovery, my streak of 200 mile months has come to a close. But, I'm totally okay with that.

Deja vu all over again though with this having no power at Halloween. Last year was 8 days. This year, we're on day 3. I'm going to start to run out of running laundry in about 3 more days...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

an amazing likeness

You CT folks are taking a beating lately, Kevin. It was a "wow" moment when we got word Monday that the state was closing state roads. My firm's offices in Rocky Hill and Valhalla (NY) are all back on-line, so hope things change soon for you.

We had a heck of a blow up here in northern New England..steady 40-50mph winds with gusts over 60 and rain like I can't recall. But...no doubt about it, it was just a big wind/rain storm by the time it got here, way less than south of us. A few hours with no power was all.

Personally, I'm glad to see October hit the rear view mirror. Been working through injury and missed my Oct mileage goal by a good chunk...also looks like one my annual mileage goals (10K per day avg) isn't going to be reachable due to being hampered in June and Oct by nagging injury.

But...did have my first pain free run tonight since Oct 6, so things seem to be looking up.

Here's a photo (by someone I know on FB, not me) from Tuesday of the shoreline nearby just as the clouds from Sandy cleared...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Great mileage numbers HM Trainers! 1000 Miles already VF and Meg with only 85 to go. Nice work people!

Glad you got to run in London Peter.

I can't complain about October I stepped up from 15 miles in September to 125 in October. I hit every training run I planned all be them not necessarily on the right day or in the right order! Roll on November - 5 weeks until the Marathon!

Stay safe Kevin and everyone else recovering from Frankenstorm (nice pic Andy).

2017 Goals
        1) Run more than 231 miles
        2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

vegefrog

Cool pic Andy!!!

October was probably my best running month since my Marathon last March.  I hope I can keep it up for November to take me all the way to my marathon, in 5 weeks like yours Matt Smile

Does any one have any advice they would love to share on tapering? I know there are main forum threads, I will peruse those.

I have been reading more and more about keeping some speed work in the last 2 weeks and not lowering the mileage as much as I usually do...ha, which is to basically do a few 2 or 3 milers.

Love this group! You guys are such a good support team Wink

Happy November!