Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers & Trainers - Dec 1 & 2 (Read 269 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Ooh, I love seeing everyone having such good races (although too bad to hear you got drenched, HF!)

(New profile photo is up with my Santa hat)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

vegefrog

Meg that's a great picture!!!! SNOWWWWWWW!

It was 65 degrees for my 5K yesterday, ha, but there was a fake snow machine blowing bubbles Smile

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Meg that's a great picture!!!! SNOWWWWWWW!

It was 65 degrees for my 5K yesterday, ha, but there was a fake snow machine blowing bubbles Smile

Our city had 20.8" of snow all of last winter. It was very mild.

In the first three weeks of November this year, we had 23.5" which broke a record set in 1940. Then it snowed the last week of November. I'd done a lot of snow running and some treadmill this month due to now clear paths outside.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

HappyFeat

A new PB for Vege! You are a Powerhouse, girl! So you beat your goal by 30 seconds - that's huge! Now..REST.

Love seeing your photo, Meg - thanks for posting it.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

an amazing likeness

21:37.

I. Am. Amazing Smile

It felt great guys...no injuries, no soreness...I don't think I put myself in any danger of having a poor race next weekend by racing today.

Only SAD thing...I got 4th in my AG Sad It's a HUGE race, they give $$$$$ so people come from out of town. Oh well...maybe next year Wink

You are amazing. Wasn't just a short 6 months ago you were running 23:30 5Ks? Yes it was just back in June you ran a 23:34 on vacation.

WTG!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Well, after an icy run, I have a shiny medal that looks like a Santa hat, a Lindt Advent calendar, a Salvation Army Christmas CD and a new PR.

Hell yeah.  A PR is one thing, an unplanned PR and lots of goodies is another. It's like Christmas in...well, December. Your kids must think you're a rock star.  Such pressure, they'll expect that each race you come back with a bunch of hardware.

Looks like winter has arrived in Regina in your new profile pict, spring will be here before you know it (I'm lying).  If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? You look tall in that photo.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm only 5'6". LOL! 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

an amazing likeness

Course was short by a good amount. I'm not saying the course isn't legit - but what they had us run was screwed up or something. I'll need to update this after uploading data frommy garmin..but all I chatted with in finish area had some version of short course. 

Posted a 1:39:20 or so. More to come tomorrow pm, battery is gone on iPad.

Actual result was 1:38:47 for a 13 second PR. 

Now comes the dilemma...lots of discussion about the course being short, yes or no? There were 3 out-and-back sections and some are pointing out (fairly) that the turnarounds get measured short by everyone's Garmin as it cuts off the turn. On the other hand, even with that most people measured the course at 12.9x miles, which is at least 0.25mi short -- and that's a lot for just shorting some turnarounds.

In chatting with folks, the ones who loved this event were all about the shirt, the medal, the post-race, and the event. That's absolutely legit. The ones who are less enthusiastic about the race commented on the start in the dark, the questionable course marshalling, and the course having lots of out and back sections.

Personally, having participated in races this year with 30+ year history and others that were innagural or newer events -- to me, this was just a younger event without all the kinks worked out. They do need to move to a later start and fix the course issues first before I'd recommend this race.

Great racing y'all

HF - I am going to get out on the trails in 2013. I have no excuse I have at least 5 trail heads within about 15 mins drive from home. Sorry you got soggy!

Meg - Great race and great pic. I felt guilty seeing you all togged up like that and then stepping out the door in shorts & T for my 8 miler on Saturday morning. Still 70F+ down here!

MT - A PR seems like a fitting end to the challenge. Well done mate.

Vege - Do you think there may be a midweek local 10k you could attempt a PR in? Joking Seriously, great job. That's a fantastic time and, like MT says, an awesome achievement.

Well done folks!

2017 Goals
                    1) Run more than 231 miles
                    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

HappyFeat

MT - I agree with Matt - a new HM PR is the perfect ending to you 2012 HM odyssey.  Go ahead and celebrate it!  Heck, go ahead and aim to beat it!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.