Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racer: September 7 (Read 18 times)

hog4life

I'm not much good at doing these yet, but it looks like we have 2 racers going the 13.1 distance on the 7th.

Candian Meg and rockenmomaof5, good luck to both of you.

Zelanie

September 7, 2014 Canadian Meg Queen City Marathon (doing HM) 13.1 miles Regina, SK. CANADA <2:25    
      September 7, 2014 rockenmamaof5 Via Half Marathon 13.1 miles Bethlehem, PA <1:47   tuneup for wineglass

Good luck weekend racers!  Hope that fall is in the air for you!

Cyberic

Wish you good weather weekend racers!

Thanks guys! I went into this race with a goal of getting under 1:47 (that was if I raced since the weather has been crappy) Anyway  weather was beautiful I was feeling good despite not tapering at all.  I finished in 1:46:12 (gun time) 4th in my age group. I'm very very happy with this race. It seems that the Hanson Advanced (along with some adjusment's I've made like more mileage) is working well so far. I did have to ease up on the pace around 6 or 7 miles due to my hamstring starting to talk. I'm not surprised since I just had a 318 mile month (first big month since I had neck surgery) and with today's mileage a total of 68.1 for the week. So I'm think things are looking good *knock on wood* for my marathon next month

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cyberic

Thanks guys! I went into this race with a goal of getting under 1:47 (that was if I raced since the weather has been crappy) Anyway  weather was beautiful I was feeling good despite not tapering at all.  I finished in 1:46:12 (gun time) 4th in my age group. I'm very very happy with this race. It seems that the Hanson Advanced (along with some adjusment's I've made like more mileage) is working well so far. I did have to ease up on the pace around 6 or 7 miles due to my hamstring starting to talk. I'm not surprised since I just had a 318 mile month (first big month since I had neck surgery) and with today's mileage a total of 68.1 for the week. So I'm think things are looking good *knock on wood* for my marathon next month

Impressive numbers Mama. Also sounds like you had a good race. After a taper, you're going to nail that marathon!

hog4life

Congrats rockenmom!

Zelanie

Mama, congrats!  Glad to see the plan has been working so well for you! Smile

Congrats Rockenmommaof5!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My half marathon on Sunday was not good. I don't even really want to talk much about it. I haven't dumped my watch yet and I only logged my race on my log with my first cup of coffee a few minutes ago. (One note: if I had known the 2:30 pace bunny was going to finish 5 minutes early, it might not have been as demoralizing when he blew past me at 8 miles and I would've run with that group. Real mental blow!) Anyway, not happy and I finished the race, sat on the grass to have a good cry before my family found me (not my last cry for the day, but first time I've been that upset post race) and had a mostly low key day yesterday trying to deal with the disappointment. I decided around supper yesterday that I was giving myself Sunday to feel bad and today I had to suck it up and move on. I updated the countdown on my log to the next race (October 04). There are a few things I think I need to change up in training. The one thing more miles does give me is better recovery. Quads are sore today. I'm still sad about the race, but I have to let it go.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I'm sorry Meg! That blows Sad  Recover well and move on to the next race!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks guys! It's nice to see my training paying off!

redleaf

Awesome!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

redleaf

My half marathon on Sunday was not good. I don't even really want to talk much about it. I haven't dumped my watch yet and I only logged my race on my log with my first cup of coffee a few minutes ago. (One note: if I had known the 2:30 pace bunny was going to finish 5 minutes early, it might not have been as demoralizing when he blew past me at 8 miles and I would've run with that group. Real mental blow!) Anyway, not happy and I finished the race, sat on the grass to have a good cry before my family found me (not my last cry for the day, but first time I've been that upset post race) and had a mostly low key day yesterday trying to deal with the disappointment. I decided around supper yesterday that I was giving myself Sunday to feel bad and today I had to suck it up and move on. I updated the countdown on my log to the next race (October 04). There are a few things I think I need to change up in training. The one thing more miles does give me is better recovery. Quads are sore today. I'm still sad about the race, but I have to let it go.

Oh Meg. Much much love lady.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Awesome! I hope your hamstring isn't bothering you too much today.

Happy your training is showing such great results. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Meg - I'm sorry and I definitely know how this feels. You are really well trained for your goals - just a bad day. I'm hoping you recover well and give it another shot in October.

We are rooting for you! A

Recalculating...