Half Marathon Trainers

HMT - April 2012 (Read 355 times)

I'm starting this month's thread, because didn't want to wait to put it out there:

1:24:52 at Greater Danbury Half this morning. Great way to start the month. Wasn't the easiest way to my goal (I cramped very badly in both calves over the finally couple of miles), but great experience, and I know there's more in me. See log for race report.

Good luck in all April goals!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      Nice work!!
      vegefrog

Awesome job Kevin!!!!! That's a great way to start a month Smile

I ran a 10K yesterday and dropped about a minute per mile off my previous PR which I set in November of this year. It was in the Cooper River bridge run, with a crowd of 37,000.  It was elbow to elbow the entire race which is annoying but all that weaving and passing people makes the miles fly by.

an amazing likeness

1:24:52 !!!!  Holy Carp, Kevin!  That is really hauling the mail.

Congrats on the sub-90 half, that's a goal many of us will never see. 

Wow, just spectacular. Enjoy it, man..that's well earned.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

What a great start to the month- two great results already!

well done to both of you!

Nice long run for me yesterday, about 8 miles flat and the rest rolling hills with one real killer, a new route for me.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Awesome results! Since we've got a Half and a 10K, let me add mine. I did a 6K on the last day of March which was my fastest ever. I realized half a mile into the race that I thought I'd gone out too fast, but somehow managed to hold onto it the whole race, keep my pace from dropping much mile to mile and set a new PR. It's not a long race, but it's a big mental win. 

Then I got looking at my log and realized that I broken 80miles in March which I haven't done since July and August last year while training for my half on 09/11/11. That must bode well for my training that I'm running consistently this early in the year and my mileage is that level now. My mileage often goes up in the spring and summer. It should be a great year for me! I'm thinking I'll start running hills once a week again this month Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

vegefrog

Awesome Meg!

Matt? Are you out there? Have we completely lost you? Hope you're doing okay...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Former runner

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd check in before my first race of the year. I'm running the Dino series - Mounds State Park 15k trail race this saturday as a warm-up for my annual trip to the Indy Mini. I'm looking forward to both races since my training has been going well this year. I've been focusing on losing some extra weight since January 1 and so far I'm down about 10lbs. I'm hoping that will translate into some better times, especially during my HM.

This is the second year I've run this 15k trail race. It's a bit more challenging for me since I don't have the ability to train on hills much where I live. But it should provide a good comparison to see where I am this year compared to last year. The course goes past a couple of the ancient burial mounds in the park which makes for some interesting scenery.

Ross

vegefrog

Sounds like a cool race Cameraready. I bet those 10 lbs will make a bit difference. That's about how much I have left to lose before I feel I'm in tip top running (and bikini) shape Smile

How's y'alls weather?? It is so hot and humid here...I think I'm slowly getting acclimated. Seems easier this week then it did last week. Saturday is supposed to be only a high of 72, which is the lowest  it's been for a month. I'm switching my long run from Sunday to Saturday to take advantage of it Smile

Former runner

The weather here has been pretty good. We set a record for the warmest average temp in March. So it's been great for getting out for a run. The thing that scares me is how hot will it be later this summer.

Ross

Matt? Are you out there? Have we completely lost you? Hope you're doing okay...

Matt-hope all is well and you're recovering.

Weather in my area has gone back to a bit cooler, but nice for running.

I enjoyed a 13 mile run with hills on Sunday, biked Monday, and did 6 plus on Wednesday. Planning 11 fot Good Friday, and a run before the big meal on Sunday.

Our 37th wedding anniversary today!

Enjoy the long weekend all.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

vegefrog

Happy Anniversary Simon Smile

It got cool here! 55 for my 6 mile tempo run today and I felt like I was flying because of it!! I am definitely taking advantage of the cool temps for tomorrow, running 14.

Matt...hope things are going ok and you aren't too discouraged about your injury.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Weather here has been crazy windy. Seems like most days we'rre dealing with 40kph wind and once or twice a week we seem to get a day of gusting to 60kph+ which is nutty. It's sure a relief to get a light wind day. Raining today, but we're in a winter storm warning so hopefully the snow bypasses us. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.