Half Marathon Trainers

Last week taper advice? (Read 306 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So next week is my last before my HM on Sun. 10/29. I am planning to run MWF, 75 minutes, 45 minutes, 30 minutes (I generally run at about an 11 minute pace). I'm kind of thinking maybe I should cut that 75 minutes (probably close to 7 miles) back to 60 minutes (5.5 miles or so), or do I need to be that conservative? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Actually your tapering week looks good ( as long as your doing the longest prerace run on Monday. Good luck and make sure you don't push it until race day!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good luck and make sure you don't push it until race day!
        I hear that...I have to REALLY concentrate on running as slow as I comfortably can, especially for that last 30 minute run, which will barely get me warmed-up (usually takes 20 minutes before I feel in my groove). k

~ Sarah Kay

Good job girl - taper, taper and ENJOY it - your muscles are getting ready!! lisa k
          Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
          bas

As you may have read, I had two weeks of (partially forced) tapering leading up to my hm this sunday. Apparently it takes longer for your body to forget how to run... Good luck! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, and I'm sorta slackin' this week, anyhow...damned insomnia and crappy weather! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Don't worry about tapering too much - I backed off way more the week prior than I planned to and was really glad I did. I felt surprisingly fresh on race day - probably more so than if I'd stuck to my taper plan.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm even taking this week easier than I had originally planned...mostly due to weather (I don't much care for running in cold rain) and just plain feeling meh. I got my last long run done this weekend, so now I'm kind of feeling lax about training--which I think is probably healthy. I want to relax in the next 11 days so that I'm rarin' to go on race day! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay