Half Marathon Trainers

January: New Year, New Start (Read 29 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Here we are at the start of the new year. I wish you much laughter, health and miles.

I'm starting off the year with the local 5K Resolution Run a little more than an hour from now. I'm aiming for 1000 miles this year with a stretch goal of 1243 (2000k). I've got a 10K on the calendar for February with plans to register for a May 10k, a Sept half and an October half. I'm not sure what else will come along this year.

How about you?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, guys.  And Happy New Year!  I have 10-15 miles tonight.

Meg, hope your Resolution 5K went well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Sub-30 which I have never done before! My bib number was 92 which I took as a good omen since when I qualified for Half Fanatics last October, my number I got was #9292. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

I'm starting the year off on the couch, it's 35 degrees and raining. I have a lot of big goals (dreams) for this year. If I can stay injury free, maybe I'll be successful at a few of them.

Cyberic

That's great Meg!

Mitch you deserve a healthy year!

Damaris piece of cake for you, right?

In 2015 I will race my first marathon in Montreal in september, my goal race. In the spring I'll race at least one 5k, maybe 2 or 3.

That's about it. Not many races but still big expectations in each

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with 12.12, 2 of those with hubby.

Meg, great job!  Welcome, fellow Fanatic! I think my # is 356.

Mitch, good luck with 2015!

Cy, you forgot to mention that in 2015, you are expecting your first FE with me in Montreal!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Ended up with 12.12, 2 of those with hubby.

Meg, great job!  Welcome, fellow Fanatic! I think my # is 356.

Quick funny story about Half Fanatics. I qualified with my 10/19 half and applied shortly after. In November, I go to my SIL's ladies night two weeks before her wedding. I walk in and this woman I've never met says to me "you're a runner". I said yeah. She said, "You're a half Fanatic." She is too!  It was funny because there are only 9 of us in our province. What are the odds I'd meet one just after joining. LOL!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Cyberic

That you were in the same place at the same time is cool. But how did she recognize that you were a Half Fanatic? Were you wearing gear or something identifying you as such?

Cyberic

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that in 2015 I'll get the privilege to meet a RA icon, Docket_Rocket herself! She will be running the Montreal R&R half, so we'll meet the day before for nachos and beer (more like fruit juice for me, the day before my first marathon).

What does FE mean, like a date or something? 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles after work, heavy weights if I have the time.

Meg, that is funny!

Cy, Forum Encounter.  It's a term we used to use in RWOL and it has stuck even after moving to RA.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

That you were in the same place at the same time is cool. But how did she recognize that you were a Half Fanatic? Were you wearing gear or something identifying you as such?

She's a friend of my SIL. She had been on the website and recognized my last name (same as my SIL) so she asked my SIL. I don't have any gear yet.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

I've had several FE's since I've started running and have maintained some good friendships from them. I hope one day to also meet the RW, RA, FB icon.

No offense to anyone, I joined the Half Fanatics last year, and I've come to the conclusion, it's over rated,  just my opinion.

7.8 miles around the edge of town, it was 40 degrees and misting. I received some strange looks since I was wearing shorts, lol.

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with Pilates and 6 miles.  Couldn't lift weights as she decided to kill my upper body during Pilates, no need to kill it again.

Mitch, FEs are awesome. The idea of the HF is more for the discounts we get rather than the social aspect (although the FB group is pretty active).  I barely go there (I usually go to the Maniacs one) but the discounts with RunningWarehouse and races are worth the price of admission and more.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hi guys!

Started off the year yesterday with a short run around my local park. Pretty day with a light snow, my neighbourhood was shiny and bright.

This morning treadmill season officially begins -15*C with a goodly wind. I'm drinking my tea and waiting for the gym to open - working my way back up to hour + runs on the machine..... Hoping for 4 or 5 miles. I'll add a mile each go, I think my limit is 10 miles/ 2 hours, before brain freeze sets in, ha!

Happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...