Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - Aug 19 & 20 (Read 273 times)

HappyFeat

Here's a few pics from my hike yesterday. Despite how it looks, this trail was definitely not runnable. I was glad I was just ambling along. I didn't get any good pics of the wildflowers, but we passed through and by numerous alpine meadows filled with a dozen different wildflowers. It was an gorgeous day, about 70F, and virtually Bug-Free too! It was such a treat!

The second pic is our destination and the view for our picnic.

The trail continued onward, but we stopped here for lunch.

The low spot in the mountains here is the pass we hiked to for lunch.

posing with some trailside lupine

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

vegefrog

OMG!!! Now I REALLY want to go hiking! Stunning scenery! Thanks for posting Wink

4:52.40. 

Race report in my log. Most exciting run I've ever had. 

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        HappyFeat

Congratulations Kevin!!

vegefrog

AWESOME!

HappyFeat, where do you live??? Gorgeous scenery!

Kevin, that is fantastic- what a great race! I bet the woman right behind you was just as happy and excited as the rest of you.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

HappyFeat

I live in Washington state on the North Olympic Peninsula, which is made up in large part by the Olympic National Park. Here's a website with some great photos (not taken by me!) and which will give you a good idea what it's like here. (Put your mouse at the bottom of the photo and a whole block of thumbnails will appear.) http://www.northolympic.com/photos.php There are many, many trailheads within 45-60 minutes of my house and it only took a 3-hour hike to reach that amazing picnic spot on Sunday.

HappyFeat, where do you live??? Gorgeous scenery!

Kevin, that is fantastic- what a great race! I bet the woman right behind you was just as happy and excited as the rest of you.

She was indeed. Just found out this morning she's a rising sophmore at Princeton, getting in shape for fall xc.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes