Half Marathon Trainers

Half Marathon Trainers - May 09 (Read 412 times)

Wow, as a group we are starting to slip. i just realized that there was no month of May posting. So I started one. Just wanted to report in on my 5K race today. Wanted to get something in just to push myself a bit. Did a 22:49/7:22 pace. Pretty much where I wanted to be, as my goal was only to do a 23:00/7:26 pace. I went out fairly fast (for this time of the year) doing a 7:16 first mile, then decided to pull back a bit and ran a 7:35 2nd mile. Wanted to see if I could pick the pace back up and ran a 7:15 third mile. It was an out and back course and my splits were 11:27 and 11:21, so I'm very pleased with my effort, my time and my race. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good job beating your goal, Larry! I'm so glad your running is going well! Today I ran 3.2 miles with my friend, Pam, who said she started running and exercising after watching her husband as well as me do it. She's lost 40 pounds and looks so good! It's nice to know I'm encouraging someone else to get healthy. She had NO problem keeping up with me - I think she has some natural running ability!
        Hi Teresa, how is DS track season going? Please brag to us how well he's doing? I'm trying to remember what his mile goal is, 4:30 or was it lower than that? Great to hear that you have inspired your friend to run. 40 lbs, wow, that is amazing. I'm off to get 12 miles in and then come back home and barbaque for the family as our sons (and wife and GF) are coming over for mother's day. Daughter and grandkids can't make it this year. Larry

LPH

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for asking, Larry! The outdoor track season up here is VERY short. He's had only one meet so far. Thursday's meet was rained out and will be held tomorrow. There are only FOUR regular season meets! His best mile time so far is 4:28 (2:05 and 2:23 splits, which he laughs about!). His goal is 4:20. His best two-mile time is 9:36, and he's aiming for 9:20. He is still not sure if he wants to run DI (if they will have him) or DIII. He hasn't had much time to think about it lately, what with SAT and AP tests! Have a fun BBQ! DH has gone to get steaks to grill later> Smile
            Good times for your son, but with such a short season, might be hard to obtain his goal. He's only a Jr right? So he's got some time yet to think and decide D1 or DII. BBQ was very nice, my boys are a lot of fun and it's nice having them around. Tomorrow, I get to do steaks on the grill myself for my wife's Bday. Need ot pick a nice bottle of wine off our rack as well. Well, instead of doing 12 miles today, I did 13.2. When I got to my 11 mile mark, I was going to run 4 minutes and then come back, but instead, I hit the start of the 5K race I did yesterday and decided to gut it out to the mile mark and back which made it about 13.2. So I'm really happy about that. Now next sunday, I'll go over and run the actual HM course, then will begin my taper which will coincide with a trip to FL

LPH

Well, I've pretty much have decided that after my HM on 5/31/09, that I'm going to quit running! Just kidding. Actually, I've decided that I'm going to start training for the Hartford Marathon in Oct. I planned it out and if I do a really long run every other weekend and add two miles in each time, I'll have enough time to get there as well as have alternate weekends for races etc. and even some personal life. Will probably take some juggling with running concescutive weekends sometimes and off for a couple of weeks other times and maybe even a mid week long run, but I've got the bug and enthusiasm to do it now (just like last year when I caught the HM bug) and so I'm going to give it a run and hope I stay healthy. Wish me luck Larry

LPH