Half Marathon Trainers

Any Half's planned in May? (Read 834 times)

jules2

I have the Dog and Hedgehog 10th May, usually get over a 1000 runners, plus a 10K race around Oxford on 17th taking all the sights in, plus the start of the 10 mile cycle time trial series

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Iron Horse May 31 Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Prince of Fatness

Yes, this weekend. Lehigh Valley Half May 3.

Not at it at all. 

jules2

Had "good news, bad news" my next Half is no longer called the Dog and Hedgehog as the route no longer goes by the pub. The good news is that this means we don't have to go over a steep humpbacked bridge and then up the hill past the pub, also this year we have electronic timing as before we didn't and as there are over a 1000 runners and a very narrow lane at the start the results never recorded your right time. Is a sub 1:30:00 on the cards? In the last three years we have had conditions from snow to 30C. PH, I asked on another thread but you might not have seen it, hows your spuds going?

Prince of Fatness

PH, I asked on another thread but you might not have seen it, hows your spuds going?
            I must have missed that. We had a spell of warm weather and the plants just started popping out of the ground this past week. I can usually start harvesting the early varieties around late June. Oh, and 1:37:49 by my watch this morning .... 2 minute PR. More later.

Not at it at all. 

Mr PH, 1:37:49???? We need details!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Jazz hands!

I've got the Santa Ynez half this weekend, May 9th. Lovely course, wine festival at the end. All I've gotta do is not die and I'm golden. Time goal? What's a time goal?
                run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Prince of Fatness

Mr PH, 1:37:49???? We need details!
                  As you wish. Report

Not at it at all. 

jules2

I must have missed that. We had a spell of warm weather and the plants just started popping out of the ground this past week. I can usually start harvesting the early varieties around late June. Oh, and 1:37:49 by my watch this morning .... 2 minute PR. More later.
                    I plant mine late and if they come up cover with soil as we still get the chance of frosts until the end of May.

I've got the Santa Ynez half this weekend, May 9th. Lovely course, wine festival at the end. All I've gotta do is not die and I'm golden. Time goal? What's a time goal?
                      What's the Santa Ynez? I'm still planning at some point to come out to CA and run a HM for one of the wine festivals. Originally, it was what got me interested in doing a HM, but I dropped the idea for awhile as the NAPA race in July that I was loooking at didn't really take me through the wine valleys. I hear there is one in the fall, that I need to look at, but probably not until 2010 as I pretty much have my 5 weeks of vacation spoken for for the year. By the way, how did your HM go, I looked but it's not posted in your log yet.

LPH

1:37 and change, very nice job. Did you run an even pace or vary it. Right now, I'm planning on a 1:43:00 / 7:52 pace. I think I've got more than that in me, but it'll depend on how smart of a race I run and weather conditions. Last year was a hot and humid day and drained a lot of people. Larry

LPH

Jazz hands!

What's the Santa Ynez? I'm still planning at some point to come out to CA and run a HM for one of the wine festivals. Originally, it was what got me interested in doing a HM, but I dropped the idea for awhile as the NAPA race in July that I was loooking at didn't really take me through the wine valleys. I hear there is one in the fall, that I need to look at, but probably not until 2010 as I pretty much have my 5 weeks of vacation spoken for for the year. By the way, how did your HM go, I looked but it's not posted in your log yet.
                          It's not until Saturday. Five more days to eat as much pasta as I can stuff in. Oh, and run, or something. Santa Ynez goes from the town of Santa Ynez, CA, through Los Olivos, then back down to Solvang through Ballard Canyon. I think I have the course as a public map in my log (creatively titled, "Santa Ynez Half.") Should be a pretty run through Santa Barbara County. I'll let you know how it is, maybe you'll do it next year?
                          run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Prince of Fatness

1:37 and change, very nice job. Did you run an even pace or vary it. Right now, I'm planning on a 1:43:00 / 7:52 pace. I think I've got more than that in me, but it'll depend on how smart of a race I run and weather conditions. Last year was a hot and humid day and drained a lot of people. Larry
                            Thanks, Larry. My exact splits are in my log entry. I really aimed for even effort. I lost a little time in a park ou run through but the effort stayed consistent the whole race. This is definitely one of the best races I've run from a pacing standpoint. There wasn't much left out on the course.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I plant mine late and if they come up cover with soil as we still get the chance of frosts until the end of May.
                              Frost won't bother them much. It will burn the plants a little but they grow back. We're not out of the woods with frost until towards the end of May, too.

Not at it at all. 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I planted tulip bulbs in the fall, and they're actually blooming now! Whoo hoo, pretty good for a person with zero gardening abilities. I need to move on to other flowers now, I guess.