Half Marathon Trainers

November, Already? (Read 32 times)

hog4life

I can't believe this year has flown by. There has been many milestones for me, let's hope they continue. And happy November to everyone.

an amazing likeness

Not a good start to November for me...just didn't have the mojo to run. It worries me to do it, because it puts more pressure on December to hit my yearly goal, but I'm going to treat this as a cut-back month...risky!

Agree with you fully, Mitch, the time has whistled by....zoom.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Zelanie

Started the month with a great run tonight. Ran my first 15-miler. It was a bit of a gamble because last week's LR was not good, but today I had a great run. I didn't know the route well, amd accidentally ended up on a steep single-track for part of mile 6. But then I had a couple of miles of downhill. Smile Definitely erased the worry from last week's crummy run. 3 weeks until my HM!

Cyberic

I'm actually looking forward to those hard winter months. When I'm out there running and I know most would have cancelled because it's minus 15 celcius and the wind is blowing and snow is hurting my eyes, I feel proud of myself for training even when it's tough, and that's when I build mental toughness.

hog4life

I'm actually looking forward to those hard winter months. When I'm out there running and I know most would have cancelled because it's minus 15 celcius and the wind is blowing and snow is hurting my eyes, I feel proud of myself for training even when it's tough, and that's when I build mental toughness.

Not sure I would do this.

Oh heck yea I would!

hog4life

Don't think I'm doing a full race report for the 10k, but I surprised myself. Time was 52:14(goal was 52:00), 8:25 pace, 1/6 AG, 10/47 OA. Obviously it was a small race, but I won a $20 dollar gift card to LRS, and along with a couple other gift cards, bought a pair of shoes for $35. I think this is the best I've seen my splits in a long time, so wanted to share. I run most of the race with a good friend of mine, we helped each other along the way, and she pulled away from me at the 5.25 mile mark. I thought I faded pretty bad, but after seeing my splits, I think she turned it up.

Mile 1 - 8:27

Mile 2 - 8:22

Mile 3 - 8:29

Mile 4 - 8:10

Mile 5 - 8:24

Mile 6 - 8:27

Mile 7(.2) - 7:31

After the 10k, I was a pacer for the 5k with an assigned time of 29:00, or a 9:22 pace. I started a bit too fast, then slowed down a bit too much, crossed the line in 29:12.

I ended the day with 12.8 miles

hog4life

15.25 miles today before church .

redleaf

8.5 km or so (I'll download my watch tonight) so about 5 miles. I have 8 weeks. Wheeeeeee

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Ran 15 miles in the last 3 days.  Saturday, I run my first 10k (not quite sure what to expect) and then Monday is the official start of my training for the next HM.

redleaf

Simplified my training plan - just making sure I'm getting out there and getting kms in.

9 km tonight at a good pace for me. There's something to be said about occasionally eating carbs. Too bad I cannot seem to lose weight when I eat them lol

HF #4362

hog4life

NRA, good luck on the 10k!

I got HM #6 coming up this weekend. I was thinking about doing a 6 mile run before the race(MT's suggestion), then finish the race and getting my 20 miler. This is all for the Dec 14th full. I am hoping to do the 6 at an easy pace of 10:00 ish, then try to hold MP of 9:33 for the 13.1. That's the plan at least. I did a 6.5 mile run this morning, and my feet are just killing me tonight, I think PF has flared up on my opposite foot of the one I delt with during the summer. At any rate, If I make it through Saturday, I'm gonna take a week or two off to see if my feet can recover a bit. In the meantime, I'll pull out the wife's cruiser bike, and put some miles in that way.

redleaf

NRA, good luck on the 10k!

I got HM #6 coming up this weekend. I was thinking about doing a 6 mile run before the race(MT's suggestion), then finish the race and getting my 20 miler. This is all for the Dec 14th full. I am hoping to do the 6 at an easy pace of 10:00 ish, then try to hold MP of 9:33 for the 13.1. That's the plan at least. I did a 6.5 mile run this morning, and my feet are just killing me tonight, I think PF has flared up on my opposite foot of the one I delt with during the summer. At any rate, If I make it through Saturday, I'm gonna take a week or two off to see if my feet can recover a bit. In the meantime, I'll pull out the wife's cruiser bike, and put some miles in that way.

Good luck hog4life! I can't wait to see how you do Smile

HF #4362

an amazing likeness

..and my feet are just killing me tonight, I think PF has flared up on my opposite foot of the one I delt with during the summer. At any rate, If I make it through Saturday, I'm gonna take a week or two off to see if my feet can recover a bit. In the meantime, I'll pull out the wife's cruiser bike, and put some miles in that way.

If you're hurting...I think you should consider dropping the plan to run those extra 6 miles to make it 20 for the day in a heartbeat. A fairly constant refrain from experienced coaches over the years has been that it is better to toe the line for your marathon uninjured and fresh, even if that means being under trained rather than hitting all the mile goals of the training plan and not being fresh.

Regardless of what you decide, hope you can find a solution to this foot challenge soon!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Had my DRs appointment this morning and so far everything is really great, will wait for the blood work to come back.  Breathing volocity test improved, but not great, but it is what it is and I've learned to live with it without relying on my enhalers everyday.  She agrees that since I didn't care for the Pulmanologist and was feeling okay, that going back to him was not necessary.  Need to continue with the Endrocrinologist though.

My DR is absolutely amazed at my condition and changes in 6 months and doesn't understand how I did it! Cool  And couldn't beleive that I had not only been able to run, (they told me to forget about running last year and take up walking) but to be running so well and and the distances I'm doing.  A year ago I was barely able to walk a flight of stairs and was in the emergency room.  6 Months ago, I was only able to run 3+ miles.

Weight down almost 30 lbs, BP went from 140/? to 100/80 and best thing is, No Breathing attacks in months. Snorkeling bothered me a bit on vacation, but again it was something I couldn't do last year or 8 months ago down in the Keys.

I'm off any restrictions at the moment, but cautioned to be smart and since the not running two days in a row has worked for me and I admitted it tended to be difficult, her recommendation is to try to stay to that.

Encouraged me to keep doing the things I'm doing to try and live a healthy and active lifestyle.

If I can stay healthy and strong, I am thinking of making next year the year I run a Full Marathon.  A running buddy is encouraging me to do it.  We run together every once in awhile and really chatted me up about it recently after completion of a Full up in Albany NY.  So we will see.

Grins ear to ear today Big grin

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

hog4life

LARRY!! That is great news, so glad it was a positive visit. Those always make you feel good.

MT, I have already been thinking of this. My feet felt better as the night progressed and feel decent right now. I plan to take it easy till morning, see how they feel, play it by ear. I'm almost convinced the 6 pre race won't happen. This half was my debut half, so redemption on course PR would be cool. Maybe I'll run a few afterwards, we'll see. Thank you very much for your words of wisdom, you seem to always reassure what I feel is the right thing to do.