Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racer - June 7 (Read 15 times)

an amazing likeness

We're close to the mid-point of the year and here in northern New England it is finally early summer. The sun is up at 5AM for morning runs and sets at 8:20PM for the evening runs. The lilacs are in full bloom, most of the trees have leaved out and lawn mowers hum away on the weekends. Ahhh...summer, 15 short weekends.

One race in the official calendar this weekend as Docket Rocket has a half marathon along the shore of Lake Michigan south of Chicago. Have a Goose Island lager while you're out there, Docket -- not that watery Ultra stuff.

June 7, 2014 Docket_Rocket Michelob Ultra 13.1 Chicago 13.1 miles  Chicago, IL

Good luck to all our racers and trainers this weekend...may you have cooling breezing and easy miles.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Have a great race D-R!

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

hog4life

WTG Damaris. I seen a beer and a medal on FB!

Cyberic

Have a Goose Island lager while you're out there, Docket -- not that watery Ultra stuff.

June 7, 2014 Docket_Rocket Michelob Ultra 13.1 Chicago 13.1 miles  Chicago, IL

Michelob Ultra is possibly the worse beer ever for a micro brewery enthousiast like myself. Last fall, after my half, I had a ticket for a free Ultra. Went home instead and had a proper beer.

an amazing likeness

Michelob Ultra is possibly the worse beer ever for a micro brewery enthousiast like myself. Last fall, after my half, I had a ticket for a free Ultra. Went home instead and had a proper beer.

Michelob Ultra is not beer. It may be a beer-like substance, but no more than that.  And, a hearty congratulations to Montreal for a great F1 race event today!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Cyberic

Montreal has signed for another 10 years with F1 a few days ago. Some pretty major work will have to be done to the course, the paddocks, the tower, etc. The paddocks are the oldest in all of the F1 race sites. The renovation work is supposed to begin this coming fall. I wonder if the circuit will be available for the marathon. I would like to think so. Even if F1 is much bigger than the marathon, the marathon is still a pretty big event. I would be surprised if they didn't plan accordingly.

redleaf

WTG Damaris. I seen a beer and a medal on FB!

Can't wait to hear about it!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Docket_Rocket

Awww, thanks!  I was the only one racing this weekend?  Sheesh!  I was pacing hubby on his 6th HM and he did great.  No PR but third fastest.  My work is done!

And I agree.  Michelob Ultra is not a beer.  We had proper beers afterwards.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page