RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Caps lose.  Caps lose.  Sad  It's a sad day in the Nation's Capitol as the only team that ever has a realistic chance of making the playoffs lost their game 7 in the hockey playoffs.  Fittingly, it's raining out.

Coffee's brewing.  I have 8x1K @ 5K pace on the schedule.  I was thinking I hope the trails dry out but had another idea - maybe I could head to the track!  I haven't attempted to run on the track in ages as it's usually overrun by run clubs and walkers.  Schools are still in, too, so maybe it makes more sense to try it later in the summer.

I got wonderful news from a fellow RAer who trained with me in the sub-3:30 forum last year leading up to Boston 2012.  She was training really well and we both thought we'd be running 3:20ish.  Then, she got injured in weeks before the race.  Sad  She started but DNF.  Well, she killed her marathon this past weekend - 3:16.  Shocked  It's one of those times in life that I couldn't be happier if I'd have run that time myself.  I got to watch someone go from heartbreak to pride and joy.  Big grin

Coffee's done.  Gotta go...

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Good morning,

Another day of training so won't be near the computer much today.  A little sore after yesterday's recovery run and may try the same again after work today.

Julia--enjoy your 8 and although I was watching baseball, I did keep checking on the Caps. It was over pretty early for them, wasn't it?

Julia1971- Good morning and sorry your Caps couldn't pull off the win last night. Have fun with those intervals today and hopefully the rain knocked down some of the pollen so the allergies will ease up a bit. You had asked yesterday about taking days off and I've found I really haven't needed to do so. I added in an easy recovery run on Mondays to Pfitz's 18/70 and that seems to have done wonders for active recovery after Sunday's long run. (I also seem to recover really quick from marathons so that helps as well Wink

marco59- I'm glad the easy run went well yesterday and I actually like that first run back & the little bit of soreness feel - as long as there's no real pain. Hope today goes well and the legs continue to recover.

I have about 6 recovery miles planned for today and will do them while I have the oil changed in the car over lunch. I ran last night and didn't pay any attention to my Garmin so ticked off 5 miles way faster than I should have for recovery. I also felt just an occasional bit of lower leg tightness (shin/ankle) that I think is just a result of running off road & trails last week. I'll take it easy and slow during today's run just in case.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!

I thought I would have time for personals but then I used it to reply to a newbie post in B&B.

I'll run another 5 at lunch today.  I ran way too fast yesterday so today's challenge will be to keep that in check.  Have a good day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

After Saturday's race I took Sunday off and just did 3 on the treadmill at work yesterday.  I'll go out for 10 slow after work today since the temps are supposed to be nice.  Maybe I'll throw in a few strides.  Two weeks before the formal 20 week 60 - 80 mpw training schedule starts.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 9 miles yesterday with 2 bridges.  Today, 6 recovery miles and weights.  I'm still sore, LOL.

Julia, enjoy your speedwork!

marco, hope the training goes well.

Bruce, enjoy the 6 later.

Scott, have a nice run later.

RVD, enjoy your 10 later!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just B.S.

Race report posted on the Beginner and Beyond.

And OMG it's long and I apologize!! But big fat PR's deserve a long race report, right?

Skip to the bottom for the good stuff.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2c98bb1b48674c2094ab895d15cfccf3/resume#focus

Julia1971

My interval workout went well. I do them on the multi-use trail and a section of it does under a bridge so my Garmin sometimes loses its signal but I think I pretty much hit my paces. I was wrong this morning - the goal pace was 10K plus 5 to 10 seconds.

It's been a rough work day do I actually left the office and am treating myself to pizza. Smile I kinda angrily interrupted a coworker during a meeting. I plan to apologize buy I just need to get my emotions in check first. I felt ganged up on and lashed out at him. Anyway. I really just feel like quitting right now - not because of today but I'm just tired of crying about this job. I feel a sick day coming on. Smile

Julia1971

Ack! I was so self-absorbed that I forgot personals!

Marco, Yes, the game went downhill quickly. Sad. Once the Rangers went up by 3 you had the sense the game was over... Enjoy the recovery run!

Bruce, I forget that tailoring a training plan is an option. LOL! Glad that it's helped with the recovery.

Scott, You're a good person for helping a newb. Smile

RVD, Enjoy the weather. Are you all getting cicadas? I'm a little afraid...

D_R, You're finally sore, huh? Smile Hope it starts to lessen soon.

Just B.S., I'm gonna head over to read it now. I might not get around to commenting until later though. So exciting!

jojo61397

Morning did 4.5 miles.  Went to doctor, I have strep.  Rest day tomorrow.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good evening again.  I seem to be struggling getting on here the last few days.  I ran a nice little 5.5 mile jog with my triathlon buddy today.  It was cool because I got to talk about my race the whole time since I hadn't seen him since I had run it haha.  I tried not to be too obnoxious about it.

Julia...That's awesome for your running friend that she knocked out that sweet marathon time.  As for your workout, it's a shame you couldn't get it in at the track.  I feel like just being at the track gives me a good boost energy-wise.  10k pace plus a few sounds a lot more friendly of a pace than 5k pace!  Sorry to hear about your rough day at work, or the rough patch really.   Good luck with the co-worker situation.

Marco...Hope the run today flushed out some more of the soreness.

Bruce...I feel like you joined us on here at such a boring time.  We're usually a lot more exciting with our training!  I hope the recovery run was disciplined and successful.

Scott...Hope the 5 were nice and relaxed after the fast running yesterday.

RVD...Did I miss how you did in the race??  You don't really get into the whole downtime or taking it easy thing huh?  I guess we all have to know what works for us though, and it sounds like you do.

Docket...I guess I missed DH's knee trouble...hope he gets through it.  Those bridges are beasts huh?  They're good for you.

Beth...Will have to get to your RR later but I can't wait to read it!

Jodi...Sorry you're sick!  I hope you feel better soon.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

I saw on the interwebs that registration for the Army Ten Miler starts at midnight so I'm staying up until then to make sure I'm in.  No repeat of MCM for me!

Just B.S., Awesome race report!  (Sorry I'm not posting there but I'm still not sure about joining the B&B forum since I doubt I'll participate much.)  How cool to smash your A goal!  Grrr that hubby missed his BQ by seconds but maybe the RD can help him out.  And, very handsome family you have there.

SIAR, I'm thinking I probably would run them faster on the track.  I'll test out the theory in a couple weeks...  I apologized to my co-worker and in true male fashion he was all, "What are you talking about?"  LOL!  I actually have the sniffles so I might be calling in sick tomorrow for real.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I saw on the interwebs that registration for the Army Ten Miler starts at midnight so I'm staying up until then to make sure I'm in.  No repeat of MCM for me!

Just B.S., Awesome race report!  (Sorry I'm not posting there but I'm still not sure about joining the B&B forum since I doubt I'll participate much.)  How cool to smash your A goal!  Grrr that hubby missed his BQ by seconds but maybe the RD can help him out.  And, very handsome family you have there.

SIAR, I'm thinking I probably would run them faster on the track.  I'll test out the theory in a couple weeks...  I apologized to my co-worker and in true male fashion he was all, "What are you talking about?"  LOL!  I actually have the sniffles so I might be calling in sick tomorrow for real.

Wow, that's cool that you have 10 mile options like that. A 60 minute 10 mile might actually be a really cool goal for me. That's funny that your coworker hardly noticed - definitely a typical male response. Fight those sniffles!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

If you find yourself up at midnight, you should register.  Smile  Just kidding.  I can't remember when it sold out last year but I'm sure I didn't stay up until midnight so I'm guessing it's probably by noon.  It's a great race.  It's a little high-testosterone but it also reminds us of the sacrifices our troops make - a lot of amputees participate in the race so dwelling on your own misery is not really an option.

Wow, that's cool that you have 10 mile options like that. A 60 minute 10 mile might actually be a really cool goal for me. That's funny that your coworker hardly noticed - definitely a typical male response. Fight those sniffles!