Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - May Day 2013 (Read 15 times)

Mostly Harmless

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/5 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

BruceD555 - 06/22 - Grandma's Marathon

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

BruceD555 - 10/06 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  I'm just running 5 at recovery pace today as I start a mini-taper for my HM on Sunday.

jojo61397

Scott-- Good morning...

SRD today, and I need it, I'm so sore from the last two day workouts.

I'm also really angry at myself and another co-worker.  I gave 6 weeks notice, and my last day was May 1st.  Long before giving notice, I said I would sub for a woman May 7th.  Well, she called me and buffaloed me into working for her on Tuesday.  UGH.  I think I'm going to call her back and say, hey listen, I gave notice, too bad, so sad.  I probably won't even get paid for working.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Scott: Hope you have a good 5, and enjoy the mini-taper!

jojo: Enjoy the SRD. Sorry about the work situation, how frustrating.

I got in 4.6 this morning, 3 of them with BoMF, and the faster guy was there again, so those were faster than my usual morning miles. I have an interval workout this evening with a group, and we're running 400s. Not sure exactly what pace I should try for, need to figure that out...

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Just B.S.

Morning everyone!!

Just swimming today.

I'm in taper and the spring allergies are killing me. I feel like my head weighs 1,000 pounds

and I don't feel like running today so I'm not!LOL

Plus since I'm in taper I figured I should cut down on the doubles 3 times/week, which for me

means either swim/run or bike/run. For the next 11 days I'm only doing one workout per day. Then

on the 12th day (Mothers Day) I shall run a marathon.Smile

This will be the 5th consecutive year we have done either the 1/2 or full at this Mothers Day race. I

love running along thinking of it as my Mother's Day gift to myself with a medal at the end as a nice

gift!LOL

Have a great day!

Bad Ass

Morning!  7 miles with 2 @ MP already done.  Some miles with Le Husband Later.

Scott, can you fix my marathon date? It's on the 5th!  I swear it was correct a few days ago.

On the iPhone so it's hard to do shoutouts.  Have a great day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  Busy day for me today so this may be the only shot I get to hop on.  I'm going to run 5 miles with the group tonight.  I'm looking forward to it since we have a bunch of people that ran the marathon and we can all rehash it.

Scott...Have fun mini-tapering.  Do you have a big goal for this race?

Jodi...Yeah, working for free?  Not so much!  Enjoy the rest.

Swift....Nice job keeping up with the fast guy again.  Group 400s sound fun.  I'd love to get our group to throw in some variety.

Beth...It's been, supposedly, a terrible allergy season here in the US too.  I'm mostly a cat allergy guy, so this stuff doesn't get to me too badly.  I like the idea of the Mother's Day race...I don't really know of any of those in our parts.  Nice job on the swim.

Docket...Great running this morning.  Hopefully Pepe Le Husband does well tonight.  Have a good one!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

ImNotScott- Good morning & thanks for getting us going today. Hope you have a great 5 miles today and coast through taper. Is your HM a spring goal race or did it just fall into your training schedule?

jojo61397- Enjoy your SRD and sorry to hear you're dealing with co-worker issues. In frustrating times like those I enjoy the solitude of a long run to just decompress.

not too swift- Good work on the morning miles and I hope you have fun with the 400 intervals this evening. I guess pace would depend on how many you plan on doing and what recovery you'll use between them. You might try starting at 5k pace and then whittling down each one by a second or two.

Just B.S.- Sorry the allergies are hitting you already ... didn't we just have snow a week ago? I'm the same way and it seems the older I get the worse are my allergies. Sounds like you had a good swim already and try to stay sane during taper ... it's tough. Wink

Docket_Rocket- Ahh, the Pfitz final week dress rehearsal run. Enjoy your trip to PR and the race this weekend!

So_Im_a_Runner- You snuck in while I was posting. Enjoy your group run tonight and the post-race reminiscing is always fun ... especially so with how you busted through the 3 barrier. Enjoy!

My recovery continues to go well. I got in 5 easy miles last night and the legs felt really really good. I'm not back to normal and certainly wouldn't be able to do any quality workout right now, but I'm happy with how well I feel after racing hard on Saturday. I'll probably run another 4-6 recovery miles tonight and the weather is supposed to be a beautiful 77 degrees. Enjoy your day folks!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Just an easy 5 on the treadmill.  Finally have my schedule back in synch after having missed my run this past Sunday.  Still trying to make up my mind where to do tomorrow's 2wu+8MP+2cd = 12 miles.  On the track at 57F in the wee hours (4:15ish), or on the greenway after work at 72F at 5:00 PM.  Current weather forecast for Lake Wobegon (May 11th) is for a marathon starting temperature in the low 40s.

CompetitiveChik

Coach really did me in this morning. She had me doin 200m sprints. In between each one was core work. I had 4 different ab excercises to do at 4 sets of each. I feek like jello.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

That weather sounds lovely.  It was 75F and 74 dewpoint here at 6am. It's now above 80F.

Just an easy 5 on the treadmill.  Finally have my schedule back in synch after having missed my run this past Sunday.  Still trying to make up my mind where to do tomorrow's 2wu+8MP+2cd = 12 miles.  On the track at 57F in the wee hours (4:15ish), or on the greenway after work at 72F at 5:00 PM.  Current weather forecast for Lake Wobegon (May 11th) is for a marathon starting temperature in the low 40s.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

PressingOn

Hey all!  I started to read what I missed yesterday but you were chatty!  I gave up for now.  I've got a sick kid at home (yes, again ... I don't know why I can't keep this kid healthy!) and I'm not sure how long I have to be online here before another demand is made upon mommy.  Smile

SRD for me.  I was supposed to run yesterday and practice my mp but kiddo was home yesterday too so it didn't happen.  Oh well.  With the race so close I guess a missed run doesn't matter much at this point.  Now my main concern is not getting sick myself!  I can feel myself fighting it but am taking my vit C, eating good, and using Zicam.

SIAR - Enjoy your group run tonight. As for your question yesterday, I don't have an answer for your other questions but a sprint tri probably won't alter your running goals much.  My plan is to do 2-3 sprints this summer.  I had debated an Oly but after all these marathon's I am thinking I'm ready for an easier training cycle over summer.

BruceD555 - Welcome to the dailies!  It's always good to see new faces.

RVD - Enjoy that taper! Sounds like great starting temps for your race.  I'm jealous.  Mine is looking to be a warm one.

Beth - Enjoy your taper!! A mother's day race sounds like a great idea!

Scott - Taper, taper!  It seems everyone is tapering this week. Smile

Jodi - You quit. You no longer work there. End of story. She should understand that.  Sorry about the drama she's created for you.

Swift - Good job on that fast workout.

Damaris - Enjoy the miles with your husband!  Fun!

PressingOn

Rachel - Cross posted.  Sounds like a tough workout!  I have permission this week to skip the core/balance work from my coach.  Big grin

thinkin about glory days

Hi, Everyone-

No run for me this morning.  I slept in and was still groggy after about 10 hours of sleep.  I guess I needed to catch up.  But I should be able to get out for about 7-8 this afternoon.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Mostly Harmless

Back from running 5. It started as a recovery run but I ended running the last 2 faster than I wanted. I really need to work on my self discipline.

Jodi - Enjoy your rest day.  Sorry about the work stuff.

NTS - Is it nice to have someone there to push you a little or do you feel obligated to run faster even if it wasn't your planned workout?

Beth - I hope the swim was/is nice.  Enjoy your taper time!

Damaris - I corrected the marathon date for you.  Enjoy the miles with your DH later.

SIAR - Enjoy the 5 later while you trade war stories.

Bruce - No, my goal race was the Rock and Roll USA Marathon in March.  This is a local HM that I've run a couple times before.  I had a time goal set for a while but my Achilles are both pretty sore so I decided last week to just run it for fun.  I might change my mind on race day though. I tend to do that a lot.

RVD - I hope the TM miles were good.

CC - Sounds like a tough workout!

PO - Good luck keeping the cooties away!

Hill - I can't remember when the last time I got more than 7 hours of sleep was. 10 sounds awesome.  Enjoy your run later.