October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Good morning.  How are we 10 days into the new year already?

I have a tempo run scheduled for today.  Although I'm following the Pftiz 18/80 plan, I'm altering the tempo runs since I find it very hard to hit 15K-Half pace during workouts.  So, I'm working in some Daniels-type cruise intervals.  I'm thinking something like 6 or 7x1 mile with 1-2:00 rests.  I think I'll have enough time to run them from home rather than into work.  And, it looks like our warm front is moving in - 47 degrees right now.  I'm not sure I remember how to dress for the 40s.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

Morning, Julia! Good luck with your cruise intervals!

I have a tempo today too--think I'll just do a standard 20 min one this afternoon, plus a couple miles each for w/u and c/d. Then after that I have a short (4 mi) group run, with a group that will be running from a restaurant, so there will be yummy food/drinks after.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Brains aint me forte

Good morning NTS and Julia!

I just have a slow 6 planned for today.  The RD yesterday was a good choice.  My legs feel great today and I'm looking forward to getting out there in such warm (48F) temps.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Got to the track at 0410 today and did 2wu+3(2@1/2MPw1mr)+2cd from the Hansons' plan I'm following.  It came to 13.24 miles.  Hit my paces so I'm happy with it.  This was the longest mid week run of the plan.  There are some 12 mile days like the two next week, 2wu+2(3m@1/2MPw1mr)+2cd on Tuesday and a progression run of 2wu+8PR+2cd for Thursday.

What great weather this morning!  Mid 50s with a very slight breeze.  Wonder how long our luck can hold.

Bad Ass

Morning!  4 recovery miles or an SRD.  I might switch with tomorrow and take the SRD.

In Court so I have to go but have a nice day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Brains aint me forte

What great weather this morning!  Mid 50s with a very slight breeze.  Wonder how long our luck can hold.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this too! Last winter was so mild that I didn't have to use the treadmill once which is great because I sold mine.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jackdyl11

Morning all!

I didn't come on here yesterday, but I managed to get 10 easy in.  I was scheduled for 13, but I guess I'll have to do that tomorrow morning.  I'm happy I did anything at all - we closed our big deal yesterday and are now officially a private company.  The beer and sliders at happy hour made my run pretty slow.  I got 8 in with a 20 minute fartlek (3 on 1 off) and 4x200 this morning.  That was also pretty slow, but I think mostly because I wore my training shoes instead of my racing flats like I normally do on quality days.

I'm also digging the warm weather! I ran in shorts and a t-shirt this morning.  Of course I also ran in shorts and a t-shirt (with a hat and gloves) on Tuesday when it was in the low 30's, so who knows.

fake it till you make it

Good morning, mind if I join the group?

I’m currently in training for Boston, using a purchased Hansons plan that I modified a wee bit to be 55-65 mpw.  My PR is 3:30, hoping to bust that at Boston and go closer to 3:20 though I know it might be tough with the crowds.  And winter running (or slogging through the ice & snow) really makes me feel slow.

Julia- I’m so glad your log is public again. I for one am stalking your log, but in a friendly admiring-your-running way, not in a crazy show up uninvited at work way stalker!

NTS- the group run sounds fun, and similar to my local running group. Our motto is Run, Eat, Drink- 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

Scott- I’m jealous of your temps! I thought I had a heat wave yesterday when I ran in nearly 30 degree temps and not zero!

RVD- we must be on the same plan? But I think I’m a week behind you. Will be nice to have someone to compare notes with.

I have a threshold run on tap for tonight- I'm usually a morning runner but couldn't today and now have to attempt a workout after a busy 12 hour day at work. We'll see how that goes.  Anyone else here do shift work? I'm an ICU/flight nurse and always struggling with fitting in training around an ever-changing work schedule.

Jen, I'm on week 11 of the plan.  I modified it to move Sundays to the first day of the week.  I'm targeting the Shamrock on March 17th.  You can see my reworked version of it here.  (I'm also doing a slow 4 on the treadmill on Wednesdays, instead of taking the day off.)  I also occasionally add a couple of miles to Friday or Saturday since they are easy runs.

fake it till you make it

Jen, I'm on week 11 of the plan.  I modified it to move Sundays to the first day of the week.  I'm targeting the Shamrock on March 17th.  You can see my reworked version of it here.  (I'm also doing a slow 4 on the treadmill on Wednesdays, instead of taking the day off.)  I also occasionally add a couple of miles to Friday or Saturday since they are easy runs.

Ah, my mistake- I see I'm quite a bit further back than you are.  I added mileage mostly on easy days- making all shorter easy runs an 8 miler, and I did lenghten a few of the long runs so that I have 2 20 milers because, frankly, I like my long runs!

Just B.S.

Hello Dailies!!

I don't think I posted yesterday. 20k or 12.5 miles @ 2:16 on this route yesterday at an easy run pace. No stopping

which if you can visualize those larger hills is saying something (at least for a 51 yr old gal) . My chart is meters so

X 3.2 for actual elevations.

It was a lovely warm 30F yesterday, which is about 30 warmer than when I did this route last week so it was

a much more pleasant run.

Heading out for an very easy 4 miles today and coached swimming at 6pm with hubby.

Hope your runs and good and your temps are mild and the wind is at your back!

PressingOn

Hey all!  How did I manage to miss posting yesterday?  I've got 12 planned today but it's snowing here and I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from it.  If it were snowing where I run I'd leave in a heartbeat but it's not so ... I can't run near my home because the roads are scary here.  Add snow to them and NO WAY.  Perhaps after lunch I'll head out?

Beth -a pinched nerve. Not fun! I opted not to swim on Tuesday because of a kink in my neck. Hope your swim is better today!  I have swim clinic tomorrow and I'm really excited for it.

Julia - Enjoy those cruise type intervals. Enjoy that warm front while you're at it. Layers.

Swift - Have fun with the group run. Don't eat too much! ha.

Scott - Glad the legs are better today.

RVD - Glad you had a good track workout.

Damaris - Enjoy the easy run or the SRD, whichever you wind up doing.

Jacdyl - Good job on the 10 yesterday. And congrats on the big deal! Shorts and tshirt? Wow.  Not here.

JenRosie - Welcome! Good luck at Boston! Another fast runner for me to admire and live vicariously through. Smile

As for stalking logs ... mine is sad.  I never remember to log here.  I think I've only logged two runs. Surprised

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  Even though I felt badly about missing my paces yesterday, I ended up having a great run today.  9.57 miles total, with 8x2min fartleks between 6:00-6:20 pace.  I broke the 8x2 up into 2 segments, and did 4 between miles 3 and 4.5, and then another 4 between miles 6 and 7.5.  That gave me about 1:30 recovery between the intervals.

I'm definitely thinking tomorrow will be a recovery run day, and I may even try to keep the pace around 9:00.  Saturday I guess I'm doing a 5 mile race with the running club, so I think I'll run 5 miles before the race, do the race, and then run 5 after to get my workout in for the day.  I probably won't race all-out, more like 85-90%.

Julia...The days are going quickly for sure!  I like the cruise intervals too and think those are a great substitution.  You're right about the weather - very hard to know what works and what doesn't.  As for the finish line posing - I'm glad you can remember to stop your Garmin.  I never remember to do that.  Maybe there will be some new dance, ala gangum style, that will be out by then?  I bet that would look really good on tired legs.

Notswift...Sounds like a fun double day for you.  Your legs must be feeling good again?  I'm glad the shall not be named shin pain was nothing really.  Enjoy the food and drinks.

RVD...I liked your analogy last night regarding miles and restaurants.  I really do enjoy the training.  Great job hitting the paces on your workout today.  Those 2mile at HMP pace bouts are tough.

Scott...Have you researched UAA schools yet?  I'm not giving up on this one.  Enjoy the warm weather and the run on fresh legs.

Jack...Congrats on your big closing at work.  I can see why celebration was in order.  Nice work getting some miles in too.  It reminded me of college where we'd go big the night before and then all meet up at the gym to kill ourselves early next morning.  Good fun really, and the smell was amazing ha.  It's amazing how shoes can impact pace huh?  I'm looking for a new pair to use in my next marathon.  Right now I'm leaning towards the Mizuno Ronin 5s.  Ever try them?  I'm not brave enough to do short sleeves when it's in the 40s, but I'll do shorts as long as it's over 38.

Docket...I've been so confused with your posts lately!  I totally didn't understand what you were saying about the coffee the other.  I need a rocket translator ha.  At least I try, right?  Good luck with the run/rest decision.

JenRosie...Hi!  We'd love to have you join us.  Hanson's plan is one of the few I haven't taken a stab at, but I did engage in a mild flirtation with the idea before starting on Hudson this time around.  I agree that winter running can feel slow, but the benefit is usually that it feels like you're flying when the weather turns around.  Good luck getting the workout in later.  I can see how a changing schedule would make things really difficult.  I'm fairly fluid with my run times, but have been on a morning kick of late.

Beth...I think I already commented on your workout from yesterday on the other forum, so I'll just say have a good run and swim tonight Smile  I can never get my elevation charts to copy and paste here.  How are you more technically proficient than I am? lol

Pressing...No fair skipping posting days!  I have to say, I'm confused what you meant about tearing yourself away from the snow.  Did that mean you want to enjoy the snow and therefore not run, or you don't want to run in the snow?  How about some TM time?  Swimming and neck kinks seems common huh?  I had some of that too.  Nice job keeping up with your log lol.  You really should try it - that little graph is addicting.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

LOL, SIAR!

I have decided upon the SRD.  I'm tired.  I will run the 4 on my way to the chiro, which is exactly 2 miles from the house.  2 to go, 2 to come back.  No?

I'm very tired, I feel 20lbs more than I am and I'm cranky.  I need my vacation to start, yet I have to wait another 1 1/2 hours.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."