August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

October:

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Good morning,

It was raining a couple of hours ago when I got up to do 10.  Went through the morning ritual, out the door, took one step on the driveway, and slipped on the ice.  So, back to bed.  It was below freezing all day yesterday but warmed up to 38 by this morning.  Maybe I can get something done later today.

SIAR--I "raced" a half on the TM, but that's the only time I have pushed at that distance.  I have been lucky to get a couple of AG awards in full but they have only had a few hundred racers.

Good luck to Damaris and Scott today!

Finally PRed!!!

marco: what a bummer about the ice! Hope it gets better and you're able to get a good run in later.

Good luck to Docket and Scott today! Docket, hope everything goes perfect and you get a great PR.

Official results are up from my race yesterday, chip time was 50:55, so I was pretty close with the Garmin. AG place was 2/55. This event did have a lot of fun-runners and walkers.

Hoping to get in at least 8 today, if the legs cooperate. They're a little sore, but not too bad. Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good morning Marco and thanks for the start.

13mi MLR on tap today. Looks like a great day... It's 56 Degrees F, headed to 60.

Marco - I avoid the ice too... ice and lightening.

notTooSwift - Congratulations on your 10k! Hope the 8 is great.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

jojo61397

Morning y'all.  

Did 12 this morning.  Absolutely gorgeous weather.  Finished it in 1:53.  Now cooling down and getting ready for church.  I might hit the water a little later for some paddling if the weather holds up (and if the beach were I put in isn't full of boats.

Otherwise, I switched up my schedule a little bit.  22 miles last weekend was rough, it took me awhile to recover from it.  I decided that 24 was a little bit too much of a risk of injury before a marathon.  So here's the new (and improved) schedule:

Monday: rest

Tuesday: 5-6 miles

Wednesday: 20 miles

Thursday: rest

Friday: 7-8 miles

Saturday: 4-5 miles

Sunday: 12-14 miles

The next weeks is a drawdown week, the week of the 17th is my last 50 mile week before the Goofy Challenge.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Everyone-

Just a quick check-in as I'm flying solo with the kids because DW is working today.  But I was able to get 8 in this morning.  I pushed the pace a little for the first time since the marathon 2 weeks ago.  I felt pretty good, but can feel every pound I've gained.

SIAR, I saw your report from your half...1:35 on the nose.  That's impressive!  But looking at your splits, I'm suspicious that you walked the last 0.1 to hit your mark.  Just kidding.  I think you were right to stay on pace, rather than slow down and help those who fell behind.  It was important for the other runners to know where they had to be if they wanted to come in at 1:35.

Docket, good luck on your race later!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

thinkin about glory days

Oops, I forgot Scott had a race today too.  How did it go?

PRs

Joe1775

Good luck Docket and Scott!!  

Who ever is editing the race list, please add:

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50   

Thanks!  

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi Runners.  It was raining when I got home from church, so I decided just to hit the TM.  Even though yesterday wasn't a race pace, I didn't want to risk my immune system being weakened from the effort yesterday and then running out in the rain today.  I ran for 60 minutes, so I'll just call it 6 miles and be done with it.  I really suspect if was a few more, but I already did more miles than I needed for the week so I don't mind.

Marco...Bummer about the ice.  I've only ever done big marathons, so I wasn't thinking about that.  If I ever get my marathon time to where I want it, I have this dream of cherry picking a race to see how high I could potentially finish.

Swift...Fun runners or not, you did a great job and got a great reward for your efforts.  Hopefully a little run helps to flush out that soreness of yours.  My run this morning was just what the doctor ordered to get rid of mine.

Mark...great day for a run...enjoy it while it lasts.

Jodi...Great effort on your 12.  Did you not get to paddle board yesterday, or are you just thinking of doing it again today?  Your new schedule looks good...seems like you're getting excited for your race!

Hill...I'm sure those few pounds will drop away once your mileage perks back up again.  Do you check the scale often?  I didn't walk, I promise.  Actually I gave a little sprint the last couple yards to make it happen.  My garmin read 13.25, so I think that's the difference.  The course was certified, but there were lots of spots where it was super wide, so I'm sure my tangents weren't great.

Joe...50 miler - nice!

Docket and Scott....Hope the racing went well!  Check in soon.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

thinkin about glory days

marco, sorry the ice kept you from your run this morning.  Are you getting the same warm up over the next few days that we are getting in the Mid-Atlantic?  We are expecting temps in the mid-60s early in the week.

NTS, congrats on the AG award!

markrice, hope you have a good MLR.  Great weather for it.

Jodi, nice job on your 12.  I think it is a good idea to cut the LR back to 20, especially if you think it would take long to recover from the 24.

Joe, is this your first ultra?  50 miles is impressive...I can't imagine running that far.

SIAR, I'm sure you're right about the tangents, or maybe a mile marker was a little off.  I've never used a Garmin - are they pretty accurate?  I don't check the scale often and haven't in over a week.  I can just feel it.

PO, I saw your post yesterday.  Sounds like you've really come a long way with your swimming.

PRs

We're supposed to be near 50 the next few days.  Today it was 45 with a light rain.  Feet got wet but I was able to wear the VFFs and toe socks and do 7.  I don't remember ever wearing them this late in the year.  I need to average 8 miles per day through December to beat last year's mileage and am already slipping behind.  Hopefully, I get back to some 10 milers before work later in the week.

Hope you have a good Sunday!

Joe1775

Joe, is this your first ultra?  50 miles is impressive...I can't imagine running that far.

I've done 50K.  In fact I'm running  a 50K January 5th.  Not as a race, but what's known as a FatA** format.  No fee, no frills, no t-shirt, just fresh air and fun.  Anyway, this will be my first at the 50 mile distance.  I'm hoping to do two 50 milers in 2013 as I consider a 100 miler for 2014.  Yeah, I like running.  

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I just booked my hotel for the Toledo marathon, and noticed, after booking, that there are no cancellations!  I guess I'd better stay healthy this time.

Hill...I couldn't imagine life without a Garmin anymore.  I'm secretly dreaming of one day upgrading from the 110 to the 910 so that I can use it for swimming and biking too.  Garmin isn't 100% accurate, but it's reliable enough to be a great training and analysis tool.  Sometimes the scale surprises me when I think I've put on a pound or two and really haven't moved my weight.  I check pretty frequently M-F, but not on the weekends.

Marco...I have faith that you'll surpass the total from last year.  I don't think my fat toes could ever fit into VFFs with toe socks on too...I can barely get them into the ones I've tried on with nothing on.

Joe...Those are cool events.  They're very different from marathons though, at least in my opinion.  For now I like the "race" atmosphere of the marathon, but I can eventually see myself enjoying the 50 and 100 distances more.  I'll just participate by helping pace friends for potions of their ultras until the time comes for me.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 14 mile MLR with 11.5 at 72% HRR (155 BPM) and 8:08 pace with one significant hill (160 feet of elevation total... probably 100 for the single hill).

USELESS INFORMATION: I'm about 50 miles away from breaking my yearly mileage record which makes me feel good... should hit it this coming week. This past week (Mon-Sun) saw 51 miles and I'll likely up that a bit before my training schedule start (December 10... 18 weeks out from Boston).

jojo - Glad you got in 12. The weather here was awesome also... actually, slightly hot.

hilltopper - Great 8! Amazing how just a few pounds are noticeable. Even when I have to wear 3 pounds of water, I really feel it!

Joe - I'm impressed with the 50 race. Would like to learn more about the training for a 50... I spend so much time on marathon training that I fear longer distances... not that I can't do it... but the training time may be way too much. Is it?  Woah! just saw your goal for a 100... Same question.

SoImARunner - Yeah.. it was awesome... even a slight bit hot here.. likely hit high 60's with full sun. But felt great! No cancellations on a hotel reservation? That's a first to me. Definitely stay healthy, but another hotel might have a more standard policy. ugh. I often book at hotels a bit off the beaten path just for costs anyway and they always allow cancellations. There are often some convenience costs, but usually not much.

Marco - I hope work does not prevent some 10 milers... It would be cool to break your yearly mileage PR.

So I take it that whoever starts the dailies just copies the race list first, then posts. 

I'm looking through a few days back for comments I might have missed...

HillTopper and ImNotScott - My next scheduled race is Boston 2013, goal is sub 3:15 (as sub as my HR governs)

Marco - No, I only have one daughter who is 6 right now. She is the primary inspiration for me to do marathons and stay healthy and live long. I'm old for a dad of a 6-year-old. 

I saw a horse and wagon today on my run... a first for me. But I can't figure out how to post a picture (without hosting it myself). Is that really the only way to post a picture?  You could see the pics here on RWOL.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

I thought this was interesting... the Athlinks Invisible 4 hour marathon barrier graph. Check it out.