JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

fake it till you make it

Really? I'm first?

Just got in from a nice 10 miler before heading to work. Didn't get a chance to read here at all yesterday so have some catching up to do before I'm back online later today.

Have a great day!

Julia1971

JenRosie, It's shocking when you're first after 6am, isn't it?  Good thing that you went for your run rather than going back to bed.  Wink

I'm not sure what I'm doing today but I'm not running until after it warms up a few degrees.  It's currently 23 but it's supposed to warm to 40.  Guess I'll start with some coffee...

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. Back from our Williamsburg tournament. It's too bad the weather didn't cooperate. DS's team was playing well despite playing both of their Saturday games in a rain/snow mix. They lost their first game but won their second. DS had a very good chance for a late goal but the opposing keeper made a nice stop on him. DS was pleased with his play overall.  Sunday morning all of the grass fields were closed. We hoped our game would be moved to a turf field but it was cancelled so we came home a few hours earlier than planned.

I have an easy 7 today. I'm going to wait a little longer and let the sun do its thing for a while.  It doesn't look like I'm going to get a practice race in for this marathon.  I'm just going to focus on getting lots of miles in at MP for the next few weeks.

I don't have time to go back and respond to everyone's post but I want to congratulate Pressing and Damaris both on great runs!

Jen - Thanks for getting us started and good job on knocking out the early morning 10.

Julia - Have fun with whatever you decide to do today.  Closing in on taper time for us.  I have one more 20 next weekend and then my schedule gets a little easier. I think I read that you are planning a shorter taper.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Jen-- have a great day at work.

Julia-- I don't blame you, I'm waiting around an hour to go running

Scott-- Yeah, VA is not prepared for snow

As an aside-- Runrchic, we will be in New Orleans for that race too.  my husband is running it..

I have 16-18 on tap today.  Having a yogurt and waiting for shorts weather.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Still under a blizzard warning.  Snow stopped but wind was fierce and it was 13 deg.  A little over 5 done at the blazing pace of 11:00 per mile.  Not fun!  Then, clearing the driveway took 30 mins after the run.  I'll sleep well tonight.

Jen--thanks for the start...Hope everyone gets paid extra if you're working the holiday.

Julia--enjoy your run later...I've already reached my coffee intake for the day

Scott--Glad you made it back safe and sound

Just B.S.

Morning Dailies!!!

Monday morning swim was a no-go for the reasons Marco stated!LOL  My view this morning explains it

perfectly. Hubby had to shovel for another hour this morning just to clear the end of the driveway.

3 weekends, 3 storms, 2 blizzards. Typical February!! 

More shoveling later and TM time. Yuck.

Sneak peek of part of my t-shirt for the Disney Princess. I designed and made the 3 identical costumes

(except for the names!LOL). CANNOT wait to be warm. 3 , more sleeps. It's been many months.

BBL for personals! 

Jodi--wish we were going to Louisiana this year, but looks like we will stay up north and in the Midwest.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all!

Jen...Awesome job with the early 10.  I hardly ever start the thread and am totally spoiled with sleep.

Julia...Do you get today off?  I'm waiting a little bit for some more sunshine here too.  After reading your post yesterday I guess you're doing better than I thought with the gear finding.  I actually went to that website I had suggested and it seemed more like yoga stuff than running.  It was just a brand I'd never seen so that's why I threw it out there.  I was watching those Millrose games last night and saw a  Saucony singlet I want for my marathon, but I'd have to find it in a different color because I can't wear red.

Scott...Bummer about the soccer games.  I'm surprised they even tried to host an outdoor tournament on grass fields this time of year.  Unless we were playing in Florida or Texas, this was always indoor season for us.  Hope you have a good time on your run and get some good sunshine to enjoy.  Just don't over-do it with those MP miles.

Jodi..Good luck with the long run!  We haven't seen Runnrchic in these parts for a while again.

Marco...You were running so fast you probably melted the snow!

Beth...enjoy your time on the hamster wheel and just fill your head with visions of sunny skies and warm Mickeys and Minnies!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

Was going to do a 16 miler at an easy pace, but decided at the urging of my husband to do a long speed workout instead.  Ran 14 miles, 2 miles at half marathon pace.  The rest of the miles were at marathon pace.  Finished in 2:09 hours.

Does anyone have any goals suggestions for the next two races???

Yesterday's 6 miles, I was pretty comfortable running 8:30 min/mile

Today's 14 miler was very comfortable.

I was thinking 1:50 hours for the half on March 3d

And 3:55 for the full marathon

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Bad Ass

Hi!  SRD for me today with some pushups, situps, pullups, and other streak related stuff.  I already got a massage, my allergy shot, and now off to the vet with Sammy for her follow up visit.  Hope her eye is recovering well.

Jen, nice 10 miler.

Julia, hope you got to run.

Scott, sounds like a good experience for your son.  Great job.  Enjoy your 7.

Jodi, enjoy your long run.  Do you plan on being active here during Lent?  Hope you do.  If not, let me know a way to contact you so I don't worry! Joking

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Crappy enter button.

marco, ugh at the blizzard warning.  Stay warm.

Beth, sounds yucky.  You'll love Orlando, except for its humidity.  But you will be warm and cozy.  And it won't be as bad as down here so you'll get good weather.

SIAR, hello!

Blog

Well, did 8 Friday, 10 Saturday and was scheduled for 18 on Sunday.  Whoops...

Headed out for my run yesterday in 24F weather, but was dressed ok. I actually wore tights over my legs for the first time in many years. I had warmed up and was quite comfortable when at mile three I felt a sharp pain in the lower hamstring area in my left leg. I tried to go on for another quarter of a mile or so but began to realize that I just couldn't run. So I started walking back to the trail head where my car was.

It didn't take long for me to realize that dressing for running is not the same as dressing for walking. I was really getting cold. I tried to jog a few times, taking small baby steps and barely going any faster than walking, just to try to warm up, but couldn't sustain any jog.

I guess I'm glad that it didn't happen farther out on the course. It would have been bad if it had occurred around the 9 mile turn around point on this out and back so that I would have to have walked 8 - 9 miles back. Sigh...

I did resist the urge to use my seat warmer when I got in the car and did ice the area when I got home.

I did post my highest mileage week ever last week with 72.69. That beat a week in 2009 when I did 72.55 miles.

Anyway, took today off and will probably take tomorrow off as well. Tomorrow was supposed to be quarter mile intervals and it is also supposed to start raining after midnight tonight. Since the following day is a SRD anyway, I'll may just take it off as well. I'll try again on Thursday morning with 2wu+6(1m@1/2MPw400r)+2cd. This Sunday is supposed to be 18 miles with the middle 12 at marathon pace, so maybe I'll cool it a bit more than usual with Friday and Saturday's runs.

I'm beginning to wonder about cancelling out of that 10k on March 9th, eight days before the Shamrock.  I'm getting gun shy.

Also, I purchased the Hansons' 20 week 60 - 80 miles per week marathon plan.  Sure enough, it does include 20 mile long runs since their only caveat is that one's long run distance not exceed 30% of one's weekly mileage.  I'm planning to use this plan for Chicago.

JUST A REMINDER:  Chicago registration is tomorrow, 02/19/12 starting at 12:00 CST.

Bad Ass

Sorry about your hamstring issue, RVD.  Did you ever get it checked out?  PS, I am all set to register tomorrow, assuming internet will not go down....

Blog

jojo61397

"Jodi, enjoy your long run.  Do you plan on being active here during Lent?  Hope you do.  If not, let me know a way to contact you so I don't worry! Joking"

Yes, I will be on here more often during Lent.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds