Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/7 (Read 202 times)

thinkin about glory days

I'm all for coercive action to force the return of some of our original members that have left for FB, if anyone has ideas ha.

I laid my best guilt-trip on them.  Let's see if it works.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

CompetitiveChik

Hey guys. Glad to see you guys have migrated away from rw. Now i need to add this somehow to my face screen on my phone. Anyways, we're sittin here eatin and then headed to the expo.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Brains aint me forte

Scott, good job working on your fitness while not being able to run.  How has the foot been feeling?

The foot was feeling a lot better until today. I never even made it to the gym because the pain had come back. Not nearly to the level it was last weekend but I don't want to take any chances. I called the podiatrist office. My doctor can't see me until the 21st but her partner had an opening next Thursday so I took that. I should have scheduled it earlier.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Ended up canceling the paddle boarding.  My son got sick at school, and we ended up in the ER.  This is common with children with autism and other communication disorders, because they cannot communicate appropriately.  He has a possible UTI or stomach bug :/.  Needless to say the lovely Christmas parties at my DH's work and KofC are not happening.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

joe: have a great race!!!

B.S.: Hope you have a great 10. Where is the photo of SIAR you mentioned? I went to try to look for it but couldn't find it...

SIAR: The BoMF run was a lot of fun. I thought I'd go only once a week at first, but now I'm thinking I may go back Monday if I can get up early again. It was fun to run past all the Christmas lights downtown before dawn, and the people are great.  Great job with your unremarkable 4. 

Pressing: Hope the swimming goes well. If RW did an article on them, I don't think I saw it , but it could be, I don't read that much RW. I found out about BoMF a couple years ago when I saw a segment on TV, I think on a morning  show or something. 

hill:  enjoy the RD. I don't do doubles that often, but today I am because the group run I did was short--ran 3 with the group, and got in another 1.5+ on the way there and back. 

Competitive: have fun at the expo!

Scott: bummer about your foot! Hope they are able to help you when you see the pod next week.

jojo: hope your son is better soon.

Hi to everyone else too!

Heading out after a bit for my tempo. Thought about doing it right at the end of the run this morning, but at that point I wanted more coffee and something to eat, 

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

PressingOn

I managed 1700 yards at the pool today with about 850 of it being drills and I got my strength stuff in.  

SIAR - Well, you can't let a streak end, right?

Hill - You're right. Sometimes even 3 miles can last forever while 14 flies by.

CC - Hill must have done a good job with the guilt-trip. Good to see you here!  Enjoy the expo!

Scott - Hope you get some answers on Thursday.

Jodi - Ah, kids and illness. It's never fun or convenient.  Hope he's better soon.

Swift - It may have been another organization but I do recall reading about a program that gets homeless people running.

jodi--I hope your son is better

pressing--it was too cold yesterday...wind chill was in the teens and that's too cold to be outside with no gloves on shooting at targets

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Temps in the teens this morning and I did a lackluster 11.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good day to you all. Slammed at work and felt a little sick this AM, so I waited to run until just now. 10 easy GA miles at 60% HRR (about 8:30 pace).  I saw three owls, 2 flew from one tree to join the 3rd. They had beautiful white undersides that looked awesome in the dimly lit foggy evening sky.

No time for extensive shouts. 

Good luck in your races Docket and Joe. Hope to see an update and maybe a race report.

Tomorrow I close in on my yearly mileage PR. Should break it on Sunday's LR. That's a little exciting. :-)

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html