Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/25 - Merry Christmas! (Read 110 times)

Julia1971

CompetitiveChik - 12/23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 12/29 - iRun Half Marathon

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Good morning everyone and merry Christmas!

I'm heading out the door in a few minutes for a 6 mile recovery run.  Feeling pretty good today despite putting in some heavy mileage the last few days.  It's starting to get cold (for me anyway) - 36 degrees out.  I realized this morning it would be nice if I had more long sleeve tech shirts for a base layer, so I'm also going to do some quick online shopping.  Thus assuring I'll get something I want for Christmas.  Smile  I'm headed to Baltimore to celebrate Christmas with my family and hoping to hit the road by 8:30am.

Swift, nice job getting the 12 in yesterday.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Merry Christmas! Heading out for 8 recovery miles, then having a big breakfast before driving 2 hours to Columbus for Christmas festivities. Today begins 3 days of Christmas celebrations for me; should be fun!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...hope the run was a good one. I like your shopping theory. I always wear too much for cold runs.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Morning!  Heading out for 5 recovery miles with the running group.  If I can do more, I will.  Taking it easy, although the 20 miler left me not sore.  Figure that one out.  Multiple marathoning apparently has that effect on you, LOL.

Julia, enjoy your 6.

SIAR, enjoy your 8.

For those that celebrate today, Merry Christmas.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Good Morning!

We got a couple inches of snow yesterday.  The roads haven't been treated so they are covered in ice now.  So instead of a recovery 4 I'll take a URD.  Good job getting your runs in Julia, SIAR and Damaris.

Merry Christmas all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Thought I'd check in very quickly...  It was so quiet out on the run it was a little eerie.  As I was running by the park, I saw a fox!  I hardly ever see wildlife like that in my neighborhood because there are so many people around.  And, I found a dollar!  I'm going to apply that towards the toll in Baltimore.

Scott, you did get snow!  Hope the ice melts quickly.

Docket_Rocket, you could get the soreness a couple days later.  For me, it's usually two days later that I feel it.

SIAR, I decided I was very good this year - 4 tech shirts and a vest...  I usually do buy myself something for Christmas.  This year, it may be a new phone.  I feel like the last human being still using a Blackberry...  Have a safe drive!

Bad Ass

That's the thing.  The more I run marathons and longer than 17 mile long runs, the less sore I get.  Last few 20 milers I was not sore at all.  But yesterday was the first time I could've continued running 4-5 miles more without issue.  I felt really strong.  I might not be fast but I sure can run for hours :-)

Thought I'd check in very quickly...  It was so quiet out on the run it was a little eerie.  As I was running by the park, I saw a fox!  I hardly ever see wildlife like that in my neighborhood because there are so many people around.  And, I found a dollar!  I'm going to apply that towards the toll in Baltimore.

Scott, you did get snow!  Hope the ice melts quickly.

Docket_Rocket, you could get the soreness a couple days later.  For me, it's usually two days later that I feel it.

SIAR, I decided I was very good this year - 4 tech shirts and a vest...  I usually do buy myself something for Christmas.  This year, it may be a new phone.  I feel like the last human being still using a Blackberry...  Have a safe drive!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Hope you and yours have a great Christmas!

Just chilling with DW and we have company coming over for dinner.  19 degrees but the streets are clear.  Thinking about taking a RD but if DW dozes off, I'll be out the door.  If not I can do a quasi-long run tomorrow because I am off from work again.

I did get some compression shorts and a pair of Nike Dual Fusions which I don't know anything about.  I may try to save those for races or at least when there is not so much snow and slush on the roads.

Headed out for 2wu+6(800@5kw400r)+2cd. Had a problem though. On the first interval Garmin kept beeping at me. I kept going faster and faster but it kept beeping. What a worthless piece of bodily excrement I would be if I couldn't hit my paces!  I looked down once at my watch and I was doing 6: xx as a pace. It finally seeped through my dense brain that Garmin was telling me that I was going too fast, not too slowly. Whereupon the world became a nicer place and the birds started singing again and I put away the sharp objects. :-)

PressingOn

I've a house full of people so not a lot of time to read and do personals but wanted to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas!  Smile

Enjoyed a fine dinner with friends at the house this evening.  DW went to the couch for an hour so I did 7.5 in the Fusions.  They seem similar to the MInimus and I really liked them.  Without trying, it was my fastest run since December 1.

Hope you had a great day!