JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Good morning everyone!

I'm up early for absolutely no reason.  I have a 4 mile shake out run on tap for the day but will probably wait a couple hours for that.

I have a big day ahead, though.  My apartment is mostly cleaned and set up for the party.  All I have left is to clean the bathroom.  My Boston friend will probably arrive around 11am and we'll head downtown to the expo soon after.  I'm not sure how much time we'll spend paling around today but I figure we might have lunch together, too.  I want to pick up some cupcakes for the party and maybe some chips, crackers, dip, and veggies for people who may not want pizza so I'll probably rope her into doing that with me.  I guess we'll have dinner together, too.  She's staying down the street at a hotel, though, so I won't have to fuss over a houseguest tonight.

They're still predicting rain for the race.  I think it'll just be a matter of whether it'll be steady or drizzly.

Run the mile you are in.

jojo61397

Julia-- good luck tomorrow.  Have fun at your party!

I have a 4 miler shake out run too.  Then going to my husband's squadron picnic.  A few squadron wives have paddle boards, so we are hitting the water.  Leaving early tomorrow.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning! I finally get to run today! Just a 4 mile shake out run (that seems to be the trend today) but I'm really looking forward to it.  I watched the forecast on all four local stations this morning. One out of the four thinks the rain will hold off until 11:00-12:00, the other three predict rain at start time.

I'll probably be back later but just in case, best of luck to you Julia tomorrow and SIAR on your 5 miler!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Lots of weird pains and pseudo pains on my 4 miler.  I think I'll be ready to go, though.

I wore my NYCM t-shirt for the first time.  Smile

Time to load up on carbs!

Run the mile you are in.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning guys and gals.

Julia...You are fine!  Your hamstring is good and none of those aches or pains are real (and if they are, you will defeat them!).  Best of luck tomorrow.  Your mileage has been sooo consistent and as ready to race as you are, I have no doubt we'll be looking for your masters' award. Sounds like you have a fun day with your friend in town.  I never know how to spend the day before a marathon.  I always plan on spending way longer than I do at the expo too...one of these days they're going to have one where something is surprising/exciting.  At least you know the rain is coming and it won't sneak up on you.

Jodi...Have fun on those paddle boards!  I hope your shakeout feels good.

Scott...That's awesome that you're feeling excited to get out and do a run today.  I'm sure that enthusiasm will be there tomorrow too.  I'd say definitely plan on rain and just be pleasantly surprised if you're dry.  Good luck tomorrow.  You had awesome training and I know you can have a great race.

I'm looking to run 10 today, but am kinda waiting for the store to open to see if my new shoes are in.  I'd be committing two pretty big faux pas by going 10 miles in brand new shoes, then running a race in brand new shoes tomorrow, but oh well.  I've had a little more rest than I wanted for this race, so I'm actually hoping for a good effort.  The only trouble is they're now expecting 1-3 inches of snow.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

jojo: This is what I'll be wearing for the race. Ha, yes, I know the greens do not quite match, I won the visor at a raffle at a group run, though, and I'm wearing it because I find lately my head gets too hot in a cap.

Also, I will have these Shwings on my shoes. Probably not that aerodynamic, but I figure if they make me smile, they could help.

Bib # 2943. Look for me in the 3:55 pace group if you decide to run with that group!

shoes

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Hope your shakeout run goes well. You are going to have such an awesome race tomorrow! All the amazing miles you logged will be rewarded. I can't wait to read about it. Enjoy your day today.

jojo: Enjoy your shakeout run and paddleboarding! Have a safe trip tomorrow, and don't forget to look for me at the start.

Scott: Hope your shakeout run goes well today. You are going to have an awesome race, too, you've got a lot of miles in at right around your MP and will be good to go!

SIAR: Hope you have a great 10 and a fantastic race tomorrow.

SRD for me today, going to the expo a little later. Probably won't get there as soon as it opens like I said earlier,  because I have some stuff to take care of first, but anyway, doing it pretty early so I don't have to worry about it after. Don't really plan to be there that long, just pick up packet, sign up to run with pace group, and stop by a few booths to say hi to people I know.  I guess I'll look around a bit, but not planning on doing a lot of shopping.

Have a great day everyone and good luck to everyone racing tomorrow!!!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...The hat and the top are a pretty cool look I think.  The Schwings, on the other hand...lol.  Like you said, as long as they keep you entertained, go for it.  Have fun at the expo.  I always like when they offer the health check and can give me my body fat percentage.  Outside of that, I'm kinda like you and don't shop too much either.  Enjoy the rest day, and thanks for the well wishes too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

JoJo, That sounds like so much fun.  Enjoy!

Scott, What station was that?  I might have to convert.  Smile  Although, Tucker Barnes was at the expo this morning and it got me all excited for the race.  My friend should be texting me shortly and then we'll be off to the Armory.

SIAR, Given your feet issues, I could see why you'd be hesitant to run in new shoes.  Didn't you try them out already, though?  Hope the snow holds off...  I keep telling myself there's no way I got injured during my taper.  And, I'm getting it in both hamstrings now, which is also reassuring.  I took an Epsom Salt bath in hopes it'll make the muscles happier.  I'm hoping it's all nothing...  The most time I've ever spent at an expo was for Boston.  The excitement in the air at the expo almost rivals the race.

Swift, I'd never heard of Shwings.  I love it!  I may pick up another shoe charm today.  I'm already planning to wear the one I wore at Boston and the one I planed to wear at NYCM tomorrow.

Run the mile you are in.

20 degrees....snowing....slick roads...single digit wind chill made for 5 very slow miles.  I need a LR tomorrow and just wasn't feeling it today.  May go back out again this afternoon if roads are clear.

PressingOn

Hi all!  Yeah, I'm still around.  While I'm still in recovery mode I've been training less and spending less time online.  Trying to get stuff done that has been ignored over marathon training.  You know, before the next cycle picks back up again.

I have swim clinic this evening which should be fun.  Oh, and dh's grandma passed away yesterday.  She would have been 97 today.

Sorry I haven't read to catch up.

I do want to wish all the racer's this weekend good luck!!!  You're all gonna kill it on the course!  Wow, I think almost everyone has a race this weekend - Julia, Scott, SIAR, Jodi, Patti, Swift, Athens, RVD, and Damaris (did I miss anyone?). That's awesome!  Big grin  Hmmm, I'm missing the dancing emoticon's right now.  Somehow, they seem appropriate for all the races happening in our group.  Oh well, you know I'm thinking it in my head.  Whoo hoo!!!

PressingOn

Did I miss JenRosie?  You have a race this weekend, too, right?  Good luck!

jackdyl11

Hi All!

After my short workout on Tuesday I went home and played soccer with some kids in the neighborhood and aggravated my foot, so I had to take Wednesday off and Thursday easy.  But, now it feels fine again so everything is back to normal.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got my 10.25 miles in over lunch at about 7:45 pace.  My shoes weren't in yet so I just ran in the Cortanas.  The weather today was pretty nice...it's a shame it won't stick around for one more day.  I'm just going to rest for the remainder of the day.  Fortunately, it's a later start to my race so I can still get some decent sleep tonight.

Julia...One of these days I'll give those Epsom salts a try.  Although I just recently found out about this whole bath salts as a drug thing?  Very confusing, but now I'm afraid of them lol.  I can see why the Boston expo would be a real event in and of itself.  With the shoes, I did a 5 mile wear test in the Hokas, but ended up choosing a model I only ran about a mile in.  The new racing shoes (the LunaRacer), I haven't done anything more than run in the store with them.  5 miles isn't much though, and shoes these days seem pretty ready to go.  How did I know you'd like Swift's Schwings lol.

Marco...Good luck battling the weather and getting the miles you're looking for.

Pressing...Very sad to see grandma didn't make it until her birthday.  I hope the kids and your dh are doing okay.  Good luck getting all of the neglected stuff taken care of.  Thanks for the mental dance too!  Have fun swimming.

Jack...You must have really been taking it to the kids in soccer huh?  I can't imagine how I ever lived in cleats for all the years that I did when my feet have a hard enough time getting by in running shoes now.  I'm glad the pain you were feeling didn't last for too long and you're back at it.

Got my 10.25 miles in over lunch at about 7:45 pace.  The weather today was pretty nice...it's a shame it won't stick around for one more day.  I'm just going to rest for the remainder of the day.  Fortunately, it's a later start to my race so I can still get some decent sleep tonight.