Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/29/12 (Read 167 times)

Finally PRed!!!

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Morning! I'm having some coffee before heading to the running store to meet up for the group run. We're doing 12, and I'll pick up another 1+ on the way.

SIAR: I  wasn't able to hit my pace on the tempo yesterday. Not too surprising, since my legs still felt really tired. I think it is because I did 3 weeks in a row around 52 mpw. I'm going to keep the mileage a little lower this week for some extra recovery, and hopefully be back to hitting paces next week. I'm not terribly worried since it has only happened this one time. My eye still looks pretty bad, especially underneath it

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I think I need a new hobby! This is too early. Unfortunately, I think running is more just me now than an actual hobby. Off for my 17 or so to see some waterfalls in the national park with the running store.

Swift...Early for you too! Sorry about your eye. It's tough adding mileage and intensity, so I can see how you'd be tired. Cutback sounds like a good plan.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

How did you two beat me up this morning?  Wait, that doesn't sound right.  Smile

Up early on a Saturday trying to beat the rainy snow.  (I usually wait until after 10am so I'm doing my run in the "heat of the day").  The weather lady said it's supposed to hit us at around 9am.  Having pre-run coffee and a bagel to fuel an 18 miler.  My BFF got me a case of Nuun for Christmas!  She's the best.  She bought the one flavor I haven't tried - tropical punch.  Looking forward to trying that out today.

The shirts I ordered from Brooks came in yesterday.  Too small.  So, I have to send them back.  Let's hope the Nike ones fit.  I'm also planning a trip to the local running store after my run to see if I can find a nice winter jacket.  I have two Nike ones but both got soaking wet this week so I think I need another to add to the rotation.

Swift, tempos are hard.  I rarely hit what my alleged tempo pace is supposed to be either.

SIAR, the route sounds beautiful - especially compared to the treadmill.

Run the mile you are in.

Hey all,

I almost broke 9min per mile pace this morning doing a little over 7.  Roads are clear but sidewalks and shoulders are still bad.  Only 7.36 miles to break the yearly mileage PR.  However, we are supposed to get 3-6 inches more snow this evening.

Had fun on Amazon last night shopping with a gift certificate that my son sent.  Going to get some Brooks Ghost for just slogging around in the winter.  I want to save the Nike Fusion that DW got me for races to go along with the Minimus I already have.  I am about to retire the Asics Cumulus I have been wearing in the snow as they have nearly 1000 miles on them.  Also bought another pair of UA tights.  They are fantastic.  I wore them this morning in 12 degree weather and was not cold at all.  Now at work for what I hope will be an uneventful day.

nts--thanks for the start and have fun with the group

SIAR--It is too early.  I ate part of my lunch at 10:00 yesterday after having two small breakfasts.

Julia--I forgot.  Are you doing Boston this year?

CompetitiveChik

Sorry guys, no time for personals. I may even be off the grid for a few days but I'll see most of you on fb. nothing for me today. gotta get packed, get to work. then we're leavin after I get off for dallas so I can hang with my cuz. got in my 6 last night after work. the stretching, rolling and yoga seem to be doin the trick. last nights run was great. I don't remember ever feelin that great. I'm gonna keep doin it.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I did a 5K today and got an asthma attack.  So much for not racing 5Ks with albuterol.  Still, a strong showing with 3 minutes wasted using the inhaler.  I cannot wait til 2013 starts.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Marco, sounds like you bought some sweet gear.  I'm going to skip Boston next year.  I'd like to do it again hopefully with better weather.  But, I really wanted to do my hometown marathon again.  I've written about it on RA before but National (now RnR USA) played a big part in my becoming a runner and marathoner.  It was cancelled years back (when I was not a runner but my BFF from field hockey was) and I admired how the running community here came together and ran the race anyway (on the sidewalk of the route).  I did about 10 miles with them.  A few years later, I did the half marathon there and I was so proud to see a hometown guy (Michael Wardian) win it.  After my disappointments this year at Boston and NYCM, I feel like I need to get that spirit back.  But, if my speed holds up, I could see doing Boston in 2014.

Finished 18 miles in rain and fluffy snow.  It started out as a fine mist which wasn't so bad.  By about 4 miles in, it was a steady rain and by 7 or so it was snowing.  I ran pretty well in it.  I averaged 8:40 pace, which is fast.  I think I was running so fast to get out of the bad weather.  Smile  Everything held up except my mittens.  On my trip to the running store, I'll see if they have any water resistant ones.

Run the mile you are in.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Reporting back from my run...no falls, and I'm in one piece, so a total success!  The route ended up being right at 16 miles, and covered 1,816 ft. of elevation gain.  Surprisingly, the pack up front that I was running with ran a 10:20 pace.  For most of the run, the snow was up above our ankles, so that was really fast.  It also snowed steadily the whole run, which made everything really pretty.  We crossed over 6 streams that you just had to run right through too.  Crazy stuff!  Plus, runners all brought food that was sent to support a group home for wounded warriors - very nice.

We did stop at the 3 waterfalls along the way (it's called the Waterfall Run) and took some group pictures too.  I'd say I ran with a group that ranged from 10-20 runners, but overall there were about 200 people.  We even ran across the bottom of a ski resort at one point - pretty funny stuff.  My favorite part was at the end of the run, just stripping down to my compression shorts and sitting in the snow for 15 minutes to recover.  I was shivering like crazy, but tolerated it pretty well for me.  Considering that my groin felt a little tweaky on the run but feels totally fine now, I'd say it was worth it.

Julia...Swift was just looking to beat somebody up to make up for her black eye lol.  Sounds like you've had a serious influx of new gear to try out here lately!  Nice job getting out for the 18 in the junk.  That's a bummer about your mittens...I'd be looking for some new ones too.

Marco...Maybe instead of a running stroller, we could get you some kind of little running plow you could just push ahead of yourself.  Of course, I don't know if that'd slow the pace or help it.  1000 miles is a lot on a pair of shoes!  I can see why you're looking.  Those tights sound nice too...I'll keep them in mind if I need more.

CC...That's great news that you're feeling good and strong.  Have a great time with your cousin.  Hopefully we see you back soon.

Docket...Boo, asthma sucks.  Good job running strong anyways.  Does asthma go away in 2013, or are you just looking towards a New Year's party?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

It will never go away but this year sucked mostly so I want to start anew already!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Just checking in real quick.  I ran 18 this morning.  Snow started at mile 9 but didn't get heavy until mile 14.  I took this pic at about mile 15.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Scott.  Wow.  Pretty.  It's so funny how we're in the same area but have different weather.  None of the snow stuck in my area.  In fact, I was thinking if I'd have waited a few hours, the weather would have been fine here in NOVA.  Grrr!

DR, 2013 is going to be awesome!  Wink

SIAR, sounds like a scenic and fun run.

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Deleted because it was a double-post.

Run the mile you are in.

Scott--Is that the C & O?  I have fond memories of that from October.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

marco: great job with the run in those conditions. Hope weather allows some good runs.

Docket: that's a bummer about the attack, great job in the race.

Julia; great job with your 18!

SIAR: glad you had fun at your Waterfall Run, sounds awesome.

Scott: great job with your 18 also! Nice pic!

Had a nice 12 with the group this morning. I did the first couple miles pretty slow, then picked it up, running most miles around MP+20 to 30 sec. Route had some hills, terrain similar to race course. Glad I ran early, as it  got  windy after.

Have a great evening!