JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

I'm up!  Stayed up late last night but am up bright and early.  Hoping to do 9 miles w/3x1 mile @ 5K pace.  This workout was scheduled for tomorrow, but with a storm moving in, I'm doing it today instead.  We may end up with just slush and icy rain but I wouldn't want to do intervals in that anyway, so...  What I'm really waiting to see is if the federal government closes.  If so, I'll get the day off from work tomorrow.  Whoo hoo!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Just got back from my 2wu+2(2m@1/2MPw1mr)+2cd = 10 miles.  It was harder than it should have been.  My legs felt sluggish and I had GI issues.  It might have something to do with the 5 pieces of deep dish pizza, three brownies and a bunch of cheese I ate yesterday at a department luncheon.  Sigh....   I know better.  I did hit my paces though, but am a bit nervous about this Saturday's 10k.  Hope I've got more get up and go then than I had this morning.  Hamstring was fine.  It started raining on my way to work from the track.

jojo61397

No personals.  Kids at school, work, 6-8 miles.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning.

I have 6 miles on tap today but I'm not sure what to do.  I planned to run 7 at easy pace yesterday but my legs felt really dead when I started so I decided to dial it down to recovery pace instead.  My right Achilles started to ache during the last few miles and continued to be sore the rest of the day.  For some unknown reason, I didn't ice it. I'm kicking myself for that now.  I really don't know what I was thinking!  Anyway, it's still a little sore this morning and it doesn't seem like running my planned 6 is a smart idea.  The only factor that makes me question what I should do is the big storm that is supposed to hit us tonight/tomorrow.  I will most likely be stuck in the house for a couple days with no access to a treadmill so I would like to get my workout in today.  I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and run a real slow 4-6 or hit the gym at the office and ride the bike for 45 minutes.

Julia - I hope your interval workout went well this morning. Don't forget to rush out to the grocery store to stock up on milk, bread and eggs like everyone else in the area.  We call it a "French Toast Emergency" at my house. When snow is in the forecast in this area, everyone runs out to the store and buys the ingredients needed to make french toast. Smile

RVD - I've done that more times than I care to admit.  I'm glad your hamstring is feeling better.

Jodi - Enjoy your run today.  I don't think I passed along congratulations for the new HM PR you set last weekend.  Your speed has improved quite a bit.  I'm sure that must be very satisfying!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  11 miles planned for today.

Julia, enjoy your 9 miles.

RVD, I think the pizza did it.  How's the hamstring?

Jojo, enjoy your 6-8.

Scott, I would attempt the run and keep it at recovery if you're still sore.  Even though you're not doing the easy pace, the miles will help.  If it hurts too much, take the days off.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey taperers and taperettes.  I'm not sure what I'm doing today.  I'm actually thing of taking *gasp* a rest day.  I don't know yet though.  My feet are both just really sore, and I ran a tempo run last week in shoes that should have been retired and aggravated my PF, just a little.  I'd love to try and get my track workout in today ahead of the storm, but I'm at least going to push that to tomorrow for some more rest.  Last week I had a quality day Wed and Fri, and then a long run with some hard miles Sunday.  That's not enough rest.  Hmm, what to do!

Julia...Television keeping you up again?  I finally watched the AR.  Why would that father and son stop now when he already hopped his way through that leg?  A day off tomorrow would be awesome.  Are you going to get it that soon though?  I thought it was hitting us overnight tonight and then heading your way.  I hope the 5k paced miles weren't too tough to get done.

RVD...yum, that's quite a luncheon.  I wouldn't worry about the sluggish workout, especially if you hit the paces.  Those feelings usually disappear come race day.

Jodi...Glad that your son could make it to school.  Have a good run.

Scott...I wish I had some advice to offer you, but I can't say that I do.  I'm kinda in the same boat too, and having this storm potentially blocking runs the rest of the week is weighing on my decision too.  Either way, good luck.

Docket...Have a good run!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

I'm actually thing of taking *gasp* a rest day.  I don't know yet though.  My feet are both just really sore, and I ran a tempo run last week in shoes that should have been retired and aggravated my PF, just a little.  I'd love to try and get my track workout in today ahead of the storm, but I'm at least going to push that to tomorrow for some more rest.  Last week I had a quality day Wed and Fri, and then a long run with some hard miles Sunday.  That's not enough rest.  Hmm, what to do!

Shocked

jackdyl11

I did a very slow 8 last night. I tried to get up for an easy 10 this morning, planning to take another easy day before some MP or something tomorrow (ad hocing my way back up), but my foot was hurting so I stopped after about a minute.  I'll try to get some miles in at lunch.  There is a road near me that is always cleared immediately, I think because it is next to/on the property of a government building.  It's 0.75 miles long.  If the storm actually happens I can always run up and down there a bunch of times.

Julia - Good luck on getting in the 5k pace miles.  People always go crazy before a storm here.  If that means giving me a day off (I don't work for the government but my company is nice about that stuff), fine with me,

RVD - Pizza will do that, but good job getting the workout done

Jodi - Excellent, it sounds like your son is feeling good enough to go to school.

Scott - Are you sure that's real, or just a taper pain?  Smart to back off anyway as you're in the two week window.  Maybe add some strides to the end of an easy run, so that you're warmed up and you can still get a small amount of quick stuff in?

Docket - Hope the 11 goes well.

SIAR - Don't be afraid to rest! One day off won't kill you.  That falls under the do as I say not as I do category though.  I expect you to be telling me the same thing as I get my miles back up this month.

Bad Ass

SIAR taking a rest day is like me taking a rest day....

jackdyl, hope your foot gets better!

Blog

jojo61397

thanks for the congrats.  I actually bonked the run this morning.  I did 8 miles, but I was still really sore from the half and it was about 40 degrees warmer and with 20 kt winds.  I had to stop and walk three times-- eek, better today in 13 days.  They added another pacer for the marathon at 3:55 hours, so I'm going to try to stick with the 3:55 pacer.

Jackdyl-- hope your foot's better

Docket-- have a 11, my DH made a furlough joke, I don't know if you get have to fill out time cards like other civilian federal employees, but I guess each entry has a two letter code (the first two letters of whatever the thing is aka WO is Work, VA is vacation, SI is sick), anyway, my husband says all civilians who have to fill out the time sheets should put FU on their Furlough days.

SIAR-- Sad

Scott-- you and SIAR need to stop getting hurt

RVD-- one slice makes me want to Dead

Julia-- woot sounds like fun...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

I went ahead and ran the 6 but went super slow.  Achilles is still sore but doesn't feel any worse than it did this morning.  Icing it down now. Resting tomorrow for sure and maybe Thursday too.  My plan actually called for an extra rest day on Friday so I'll probably just swap Thursday for Friday.

Jack - I'm sure it isn't just taper messing with my head. I've had problems with my Achilles before.  Usually right after I do something stupid like run 16 miles at marathon pace.  Blush

Damaris - Enjoy the 11 today.  Thanks for the advice. I kept it at recovery pace even when another runner fell in behind me and the competitive jerk that lives inside me wanted to speed up.

SIAR - Good luck surviving a rest day. If I was a gambling man, I'd put a few bucks down on you getting at least a few miles in.  I think the over/under would be around 6.

Jodi - Sorry your run bonked today.  At least it seems like you have a good attitude about it.  Better today than 3/17 for sure!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So I decided to take it easy today.  I ran 14.  Doh!  Me thinks I may have a problem Smile  My feet felt fine, so I decided there was no reason not to get out there for some easy pace miles.  Plus, Julia said she may have to take a day off due to the weather, so if she stops I can catch her streak haha.

Scott...You should be a gambling man!  Sad to know I'm that predictable.  Of course, you ran today too, so what's that say?  Glad the achilles doesn't feel any worse.

Jack...It sounds like you may be smarter than me when it comes to dealing with pain/soreness.  I think part of the trouble with running 8-10 times a week is that I kinda lose the importance of individual runs.  When you have 4 or 5 runs a week, you just know that you have a speed day, and then the other days are necessary to build volume.  Right now it all just kinda feels like miles to me.  Nice job with the post race 8.  I'll be impressed if you're running .75 mile laps.

Docket...yep, apparently we need to be tied down.

Jodi...I'm sure you were still just shaking out all the racing gunk from your legs - you'll be good come race day.  That's great that you have another pacer option.  As for getting hurt, I'm okay...I think.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

SIAR - I guess you aren't too predictable since I was so far off on the over/under.  I'm glad to hear you ran pain free!

Bad Ass

Jodi, no.  We have an online timesheet system but I don't really punch or fill anything else.  LOL.

Scott, nice job!

Blog