Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/4/13 (Read 16 times)

Julia1971

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

32 degrees?!  Dagnabit!  Waaaaah!!!!  Someone make winter go away.

8 miles for me today.  I was planning to run today, tomorrow, and then take Saturday off in advance of the Cherry Blossom.  I'm not feeling completely sharp and in PR shape but I don't think it should be a disaster either.  How's that for optimism?  Smile

Marco, I hope everything works out well with the doctor.  My doctor heard my murmur 20 years and I've been seeing a cardiologist for it every few years since.  I know it's scary wondering what's going on with your ticker.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

jackdyl11

I thought I'd pop in as I finally have a second before work! It's been non-stop the last few days, almost literally,  I've been skipping some runs which is making my upcoming marathon even more terrifying than it already was.  I am starting a long, slow freak out!  I'm at 30 days out right now.  This morning I realized that, after Cherry Blossom this weekend, it's going to be 20 days of moderate freaking out, followed by almost exactly 6.2 days (the race starts at 8, so .33) of EXTREME freaking out.   That gave me some comfort.

Anyway, I did my usual pre-race workout this morning: 2 miles at race pace with some strides.  The rest of the group was doing sets of 300, 200, 100 econ pace work, so I did one set with them.  I nailed my paces on the miles although the lap times varried a bit, and it felt easy.  If I've been skipping some runs, at least I can recover and run hard at Cherry Blossom.

Cold, rainy and windy outside, so I am swapping my schedule for today and tomorrow.  So I just did an easy 6 on the treadmill today.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I am working from home today so I ran 10 miles this morning.  Taking Trixie back to the vet today and if I have time, I'll do more miles later.  Maybe weights if I can.

Julia, stay strong.  You'll be fine!  Enjoy your 8.

jack, glad you stopped by.  Hello!  Hope things calm down.

RVD, have a nice whatever you decide (SRD or run depending on the rain).

BTW, the B&B is worried that SIAR has been MIA.  From here too.  Any word?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Taking Trixie back to the vet today.

Again???

Brains aint me forte

Good morning!  Yesterday ended up being a total bust. I forgot to pack socks so couldn't run at lunch. By the time I got home I was just fried and decided to skip it.  Planning to run a few miles at lunch today and then again tonight while DS is at soccer practice.  His practice field is 45 minutes from home this season (grr!) so since I have to hang around there I might as well get in a slow 10 while I wait.

Work is crazy busy this week and I'm taking tomorrow off so that doesn't help.  No time for personals but I read from my phone when I can.  Have a great day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

fake it till you make it

Good morning! Today is day 1 of four glorious days off work!!!

Julia- I think not being a disaster is a perfectly good race goal, having had a disaster marathon I don't want to experience that again!  However, I'm pretty sure you'll do even better than non-disasterous.

Jack I have to admit I'm kind of enjoying your freak-out,  if only because it makes me feel a little more normal about my current taper madness! Glad you nailed the pre-race workout, I've got the same workout planned for next Thursday.  NEXT Thursday!?!?! NEXT THURSDAY. Uh oh, more freak out coming on from me....

RVD hope you get some better weather tomorrow.

Docket how has Trixie been doing? Is she eating better?

Scott bummer about forgetting the socks- True confession time- I've run at the gym before without my sports bra Blush and just in a regular bra.  I would not recommend it.  Socks I could maybe go without, but I have forgotten shoes before and nothing I can do then. So frustrating!  Good use of soccer practice time today.

I'm supposed to do 8 @ GMP plus warm up/ cool down later today.  I might just make it an easy 12 though, not convinced it's going to add to my fitness 11 days out (11 DAYS- YIKES!!!) and if I don't nail the paces I'll just be more freaked out than I already am.

Bad Ass

One week follow up.

Again???

Blog

Bad Ass

Enjoy your days off.  Thanks for telling us, bah! LOL.

Trixie is doing better, I think.  Her cold is almost gone, so hopefully she will get back to being more active soon.  She lost 2 lbs during this ordeal but she needs to lose two more, so hoping she can.  I have run without socks and in a regular bra when that same thing has happened to me.  But since I run straight out of the house, the times I have done that have been limited.

Good morning! Today is day 1 of four glorious days off work!!!

Julia- I think not being a disaster is a perfectly good race goal, having had a disaster marathon I don't want to experience that again!  However, I'm pretty sure you'll do even better than non-disasterous.

Jack I have to admit I'm kind of enjoying your freak-out,  if only because it makes me feel a little more normal about my current taper madness! Glad you nailed the pre-race workout, I've got the same workout planned for next Thursday.  NEXT Thursday!?!?! NEXT THURSDAY. Uh oh, more freak out coming on from me....

RVD hope you get some better weather tomorrow.

Docket how has Trixie been doing? Is she eating better?

Scott bummer about forgetting the socks- True confession time- I've run at the gym before without my sports bra Blush and just in a regular bra.  I would not recommend it.  Socks I could maybe go without, but I have forgotten shoes before and nothing I can do then. So frustrating!  Good use of soccer practice time today.

I'm supposed to do 8 @ GMP plus warm up/ cool down later today.  I might just make it an easy 12 though, not convinced it's going to add to my fitness 11 days out (11 DAYS- YIKES!!!) and if I don't nail the paces I'll just be more freaked out than I already am.

Blog

One week follow up.

Oh, ok.  Good!  I thought there had been another bad, bad.

Bad Ass

I hope not!

Blog

PressingOn

Hi all!  Clouds have rolled in again just in time for my 20 miler today.  That's a good thing, in case you were wondering.  We were in high 60's with sun yesterday and (Damaris, don't read this) I would have died if I had to do 20 in that.  I'm still not in the mood for 20 and a little nervous about it.  The farthest I've run since my last marathon is 10 miles which I ran last week when coach had me do back to back 10 miler's.  This week I jump to 20.  Funny how suddenly, it feels like a lot even though it was just early March I did the marathon.

Kids did make it out with me for the bike ride yesterday and it was fun.  A little bit of "on your left" and "hey, you have to slow down so I can pass you" and "stop speeding up whenever I try to pass you" bickering but overall, they did good.  Ds (9years old) even commented, "This is actually really relaxing."  Thought that was funny.

Marco - My mom has a heart murmur but it's nothing serious. Actually, so does my cat. His is pretty extreme. Hope it's no big deal for you. Sorry the weather didn't cooperate for you.

Jodi - Thanks again to your hubby (and you) for your service.

Scott - I did threaten the "we get along shirt". Have you seen that one circulating through FB? Big giant shirt they both have to wear? I think using the practice time as your own time to exercise is a great use of well, time.

JenRosie - I do believe I would simply pack up and leave the gym if I had to run in a normal bra. As for taper freaking out, we've all been there. Well, I have. I'm sure I'll be there again in, oh, 3 weeks?

Julia - Winter is hanging on, huh?  I agree, averting disaster is always a good plan.  Have fun with the run no matter what your goal.

Jackdyl - Funny how you have the freak out time down to the seconds. That's too much math for me. Smile

RVD - Good job on the tm today.

Damaris - Good job on your 10. Temps better? SIAR tends to do like me and disappear from time to time. Maybe that's all it is? He usually makes it back eventually. Hopefully that's the case.

I had irregular heartbeat years ago, and rarely do now.  I am not worried about it., but best to get it checked out.  No run this morning as I had an hour long work related phone call at 1:50AM.  Oh well, at least it will be much warmer if I get the chance to run after work.  I'll be lucky to do 10-15 miles this week.

Brains aint me forte

OK, 6 minutes until my next meeting: GO!

Julia - I'm SO ready for the weather they are forecasting this weekend.  I'm sure Cherry Blossom will be awesome.

Jack - I'm enjoying your freak out very much.  I hope you are too.

RVD - Trading days to avoid weather like that sounds smart.  I hope it's nicer tomorrow!

Damaris - Good work getting in an early 10. I hope the vet appointment goes well.

JenRosie - Enjoy the time off work and I agree with your idea about the workout. Not much to gain, but a lot of fuel for the freak-out fire if you don't hit it.

Pressing - I would LOVE 60's and sunny right now but a 20 miler in that would be tough.  I hope yours goes well and the kids continue to get along.

Marco - I'm glad your health issue isn't anything to worry about.  I guess I'm like everyone else when I hear about any sort of heart problem I just assume it's a big deal.  I hope you can get some miles in!

Oh, 6 minutes gone already!  Bye!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp