PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!

I was very tempted to pack my running bag this morning and get in a few miles at lunch but I decided to take one more rest day instead.  If I get off work early enough today I might change my mind and get a run in this afternoon.  My legs feel nearly 100%.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Julia1971

Scott, Somehow I missed you had already started a thread.  Oops!  It sounds like we're recovering at about the same rate.  I feel like I could run today if I wanted.  But, I'm not sure I want to.  LOL!

Good morning, everyone!

SRD for me again today.  Almost all the soreness in my legs is gone, which is nice.  I think I'll be ready for a recovery run tomorrow, but since my massage is in the evening, I may wait until Friday.

I'm hoping to get some life stuff done today.  I put off so many things until after the race that my "to do" list has become ridiculous.

I'm still waiting for all my pictures from MarathonFoto, but here's a "marathons don't hurt" photo of me at the finish on Saturday:

(I believe I finished listening to Firework by Katy Perry.)  Ones where I don't look nearly as happy are coming later.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Great pic Julia!

I haven't decided if I'll buy my pictures right away or wait for them to start emailing me discount offers.  Yes, I know I'm cheap.

jojo61397

Julia-- nice picture!

Scott-- Enjoy your rest day...

Doing a scaled back Cross Fit Workout (meaning no running and no weighted squats-- will do squats without weight).  Soreness nearly gone in my legs.  Yesterday's run was tough, but I have no soreness today.  Now going to concentrate on the 5K/10K, I'm directing.  We have 36 runners, and lots of politics.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia--looks like a stroll in the park...you sure that wasn't at mile 3 or 4???

Scott--great that you have recovered so quickly

Jodi--I find it really hard to make myself do a couple of miles so soon after a full...sorry you have had so many issues with the upcoming race

5.5 done earlier with the goal of not falling.  Pace was at 10:20, so it was more of a shuffle.  7-8 inches of snow and still coming down. After the run finished with 30 mins of snowblowing and shoveling.

Have a good one!

Bad Ass

Morning!  I had to rush trixie to the vet last night so that took a chunk of the night away from me.  She is fine, thankfully, and I managed 3 miles last night.  More miles tonight if I don't fall asleep or my migraine hurts too much.

Scott, how's recovery going?

Julia, that's an awesome picture!  I recognize the shoes, and I love them.  I can also see the spibelt full of your stuff but you're so tiny is barely noticeable, :-)

Jodi, enjoy the cross fit workout.

marco, your shuffle is faster than my easy pace.  Glad you were able to run without falling.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

Thanks Marco-- unfortunately, it's the economy, and the fact that two of our biggest financial supporters are having adult temper tantrums.  It's too bad because it's the children and adults who are actually hurting because of their issues.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Guten Morgen!

Scott...Nice to read that you're feeling well already.  I still remember my first marathon that took me a full two weeks to recover from ha.  I don't blame you for waiting for the discount offers, race pics are nuts.

Julia...Sounds like you and Scott are on the same recovery plan...glad you're feeling better too.  Good luck with life's to-do list.  I feel like mine is piling up a little right now as well.  Awesome pic from the race.  You've got some crazy toned arms!  And are those race pig-tails you had going on?

Jodi...Dialing back the crossfit a bit sounds like a good plan.  Good luck with the 5k/10k planning.  Is this the same event you did last year as just a 5k?  It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on how adding the 10k impacted the event.  I hope the runner count grows quickly for you.

Marco...Wow, those must have been some pretty bad conditions.  At least you got a few miles in.  I hope your DW has a nice bday.

Docket...Your poor animals sure seem to need a lot of vet visits.  Maybe that's just compared to my animals (0), which require no treatment.  At least you got a couple miles in...hope you're able to run again today.

I'm looking for a double today, around 12 over lunch and then 5 tonight with the running group.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Got in three on the treadmill this morning, my first run after Sunday's Shamrock.  Tomorrow I'm scheduled for 1 mile intervals at HMP which I'll try to do on the greenway now that we have daylight after work.  Hope I can get my butt in gear to hit that pace.

I used today to try to start following the final seven weeks of Hanson's 20 week 40 - 60 mpw plan for the Lake Wobegon Marathon on May 11th.  I am trying to speed up my marathon pace by 10 sec per mile.  My other paces are already faster than required for my 4:15 Lake Wobegon goal.  I'll just have to see if the legs are ready to start cooperating tomorrow.

jojo61397

SIAR--  yes, same event.  I was hoping it would draw higher numbers.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Bad Ass

Why are you doing HMP intervals the week after?  Don't make me pull out my whip!

Got in three on the treadmill this morning, my first run after Sunday's Shamrock.  Tomorrow I'm scheduled for 1 mile intervals at HMP which I'll try to do on the greenway now that we have daylight after work.  Hope I can get my butt in gear to hit that pace.

I used today to try to start following the final seven weeks of Hanson's 20 week 40 - 60 mpw plan for the Lake Wobegon Marathon on May 11th.  I am trying to speed up my marathon pace by 10 sec per mile.  My other paces are already faster than required for my 4:15 Lake Wobegon goal.  I'll just have to see if the legs are ready to start cooperating tomorrow.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Busy day. Half my staff is out. Sad

Scott, I like the new av picture. Smile

JoJo, Good luck getting work done on the race. When is it? Maybe there will be race day registrants?

Marco, Sounds like you've had a tough day... I actually look worse earlier in the race for some reason.

D_R, Glad Trixie is better.

SIAR, A couple years ago I worked my arms a lot trying to build some size. Instead, they just got cut. LOL!

RVD, You're already ramping things up, huh.  I can't criticize since that's pretty much what I did after NYCM but I did convert some of the workouts Pfitz called for into easy days.  Not that you asked.  Smile  Good luck!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Julia - Funny about the duplicate thread.  Regarding running today, I think the big lunch I just ate has made that decision for me.  I'll most likely rest today and run a few tomorrow.  Good luck with your to-do list!

Jodi - Enjoy the Cross Fit, it's smart to leave the heavy leg work out!  I hope your race directing tasks go well.

Marco - I'm sorry the weather is being such a bastard to you guys.  Any hope of a thaw in the next few weeks?

Damaris - Sorry about your pet (cat?) issues but glad to hear she is OK.  Good luck getting the miles in tonight.  My recovery is going really well, thanks for asking!

SIAR - Recovery for this one is definitely going faster than the first one for sure.  Good luck with your double today.  Has the weather broken any for you yet?  You mentioned some pretty bad conditions recently.

RVD - You recover a lot quicker than I do!  I meant to post sooner that I'm sorry you didn't hit your time goal, but from the sound of things you did really well.  Between being sick and some tough weather conditions, you put in a very solid performance.

Why are you doing HMP intervals the week after?  Don't make me pull out my whip!

Whips???   Joking

I'll see how it goes.  Not afraid to back off if I start feeling any bad bads.