March:

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Finally PRed!!!

Morning everyone! Happy Saturday.

Good luck to the racers if they are still racing today!

I'm drinking coffee now, heading out to run with BoMF after a while. I think I'm running 6 with them, will get a few more in on my own, but not sure yet how many exactly.

Still losing weight, down about another half a pound. Probably going to have to up the calories a bit when I start running more, but I guess I'll just be careful what I'm getting them from. Eating more fresh veggies now than ever before!

Brains aint me forte

Good morning!  For someone that is too busy to post, I'm sure posting a lot!

NTS - Enjoy the running group this morning. Congrats on the continued weight loss. Controlling food intake is something I struggle with and I admire folks that are better at that than I am.

I planned to run 10-12 this morning but I've decided to take a URD and run it tomorrow morning instead. I have a little soreness in my achilles.  I'm not overly concerned about it but I"ll let it settle today and get in a good run tomorrow morning. I miss running long.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning all. I'm headed out for 24 here in a few. I'm doing 16 with the group, then 8 more on my own. I stayed up way too late watching bball, so hopefully this run feels better than I do right now!

Swift...have a good run. Nice job with your weight.

Scott...darn Achilles! You can have my long run if you'd like, I'm a little tired of it. This is the last one over 20 at least.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Good morning, all.  I tried to sleep in but couldn't.  It seems like I wake up at 5:00 no matter what.  Maybe I can take nap later.

No running today but I'm hoping to figure out a weight lifting routine and hit the gym.

I'm starting to get a little nervous about Cherry Blossom next weekend.  I haven't done that kind of fast running in a while.  I think it's gonna hurt.  LOL!

Swift, It sounds like you're been losing the weight the healthy way.  Keep up the good work.

Scott, Enjoy the rest day.  There's no purpose in rushing back too soon.

SIAR, Good luck with the 24.  That's a lot of miles...  Wait.  Is this your last hard week before tapering?  Wow, where has the time gone?

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
            Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

jackdyl11

Hi all,

I had a great 12 yesterday running home from work.  My office closed early and I took advantage of what actually felt like a spring day.  I'm planning on 10 today.

NTS - Good job on your weight loss.  By the way, I know what it actually stands for, but whenever you mention BoMF I read "bad ass mother fuckers".

Scott - Probably a good decision to rest up and get 100% healthy

SIAR - Have fun on your last long run!

Julia - I was up at 5:00 too.  I was also up at 1:00, 3:00, and now 8:00.  I don't know why I bother going to sleep.  I'm nervous about CB too! I'm feeling pretty good about my fitness but still, that's gonna hurt!

jojo61397

Morning all!

NTS-- great job on the weight loss, I actually gained like 3 pounds since the marathon Surprised...

Scott-- hope your achilles is doing better tomorrow!

SIAR-- have a great long run

Julia-- check out pfitz's book they have a great weight training routine.  I also noticed a HUGE difference doing cross fit.

Jack-- sounds like nice weather

I'm back from camping.  The air quality here sucks right now due to a forest fire, and we live near a campground, so my breathing has been horrible.  I did 6 this morning averaging around 9:20 min/mile, and it was painful to breath.  Hoping tomorrow gets better, since many of the spring breakers will leave.

Next week's race is shaping up nicely.  We have 80 registered 5K runners and 20 registered 10K runners.  We think we're going to get socked again this year with race day registrations.  Cool thing is the weather is supposed to be GORGEOUS!

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  My 24 was great...big confidence booster.  I ran 16 with the group at a fairly slow pace, and then did the last 8 as a progression (7:58, 7:51, 7:39, 7:18, 7:19, 7:06, 6:39, 6:21).  Being able to get under marathon pace for the last 2 miles of a 24 and not even be pressing has to be a good sign, right?

Julia...Hope the weight planning went well.  You'll be good at the Blossom I'm sure, once the competitive juices get going.  I'm not exactly tapering yet, but I do think I'm going to cut back a little more than the schedule has me doing just to make sure I go into the race fresh.

Jack...That must have felt great to get to run home from work in decent weather.  Enjoy the run today too.

Jodi...Sorry about the air quality.  That would be tough to deal with.  I'm glad that your race entries are on the rise.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

Scott: Hope the Achilles feels better tomorrow and you get a good run in. I think my motivation for working so hard at my weight loss goal comes from missing my time goal at the marathon. If I'd made my goal, I don;t think I'd be quite as determined right now, plus I'd like to at least get back to sub-3:50 for my fall race (PR goal may be too ambitious on that course), and I'm pretty sure the weight loss will help me get back there.

Julia: Good luck working out the weight training routine. I'm starting to do more weights too, but right now just with light dumbbells at home to do upper-body work. I might join a gym after a while, though. I'm sure you'll do great at Cherry Blossom.

jack: Nice you got out early and got 12 in yesterday. Have a good 10 today.

jojo: That's a bummer about the bad air quality, hope it gets better. Great job getting 6 in. Glad things are looking good for the race.

SIAR: Awesome job with the 24, definitely looks like a great sign. I always had to cut back a lot more than Hudson had in his plans in the book to be ready to race, but maybe that's because I'm pretty old. Though I don't feel old enough for his Masters plans, which don't have enough running for my taste.

I ended up getting a little over 9 in. The last 3 with the group, we picked up the pace a little and averaged 8:40, the rest of the miles were slower. Route had a few decent hills in it, but some flats too.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Saturday.

fake it till you make it

Julia napping sounds good, hope you can do it. Thanks for linking to Bhearn’s thread.  I thought I had read something of his a while ago in regards to Boston pacing but I couldn't find it last time I searched. I bet your high mileage marathon training will have you in great shape for CB.

Scott sorry you had to miss out on a run, but wise thinking on the URD. Hopefully the achilles sorts itself out.

Swift- nice going on the weight loss!

SIAR Your long run sounds awesome!  Those are some sweet paces.

Jack that doesn’t sound like a fun night.  Insomnia?

Jojo- glad to hear things are shaping up for the race!  Same day registration, while I’m thankful for it, has got to be a huge headache for a RD!

I ran 20 this morning. No smokin' fast paces like SIAR's but my legs never felt tired.  Started pretty slow/relaxed with some of the group and  there were a couple slower miles of treacherous footing through an icy park so I think that gave the legs some active rest, but I felt like I could've run another 10 or at least run a lot faster.  Good feeling.  Last long run until Beantown.

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I had a fun run with the ultra running group.  I planned on doing 6 hours, I ended up doing 18 miles.  My breathing is very low today, so I'm not happy, but hey, I ran 18 miles.  I don't think last year I would've been able to do so with the asthma like this.

Have a nice day, everybody.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jen...Glad you had such a good run today too.  Go us!  There is something nice about starting that far under pace.  It's hard to believe Boston time is here already.  I'm excited for you.

Swift...I'm sure age is not a limiting factor for you yet!  I didn't realize Hudson had masters plans...that's kinda cool.  Even if I just get back to doing the miles on the schedule I'll be cutting back some, so I'll at least do that.  Sounds like the 9 miles were good to you.  The legs like to be reminded of those faster paces every once in a while.

Docket...Sounds like you found your silver lining in the day.  18 is still awesome, and it sounds like you're learning to deal with it even better.

Plane, train, and automobile today for the past 10 hours and have about an hour left.  RD today and tomorrow.  Just north of Boston at the moment and almost back to Maine.  Did 10 on the TM yesterday morning at the hotel to get the mileage PR of 303.6 for March.

jojo61397

SIAR-- It has it's benefits and drawbacks.  Last year we were overwhelmed with race day registrations. This year we are prepared for it.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

After spending the morning playing with my phone, I did actually make it to the gym.  It didn't take too many leg exercises for my hamstring to start barking at me.  I'm not upset about it - it's obviously unhappy with me for some reason.  And, once it heals, it'll ultimately be stronger.  I ended up doing lunges, squats, and deadlifts.

Jack, It was beautiful out today!  Hope you had a great run.  I actually wore shorts out.  Yay!  Spring is here!

JoJo, I'm so glad the numbers are increasing for the race.

SIAR, That's a great sign!  That's a lot of miles...  It might be a bit early to start cutting back, though.  Are you feeling particularly tired?

Swift, That's a solid workout.  Hope you're recovering well.

D_R, Did I read that right - you planned on running 6 hours?!  Shocked  OMG!  I have no words.  Well, except...  Only 18?  Wink

JenRosie, No nap for me.  Sad  At about noon the noise of circular saws and hammers started coming from my neighbor's unit.  When I finally left the house and took a peek, it looks like she decided to replace the hardwood floors...  Whoo hoo!  Last long run!!!  I've been going through pictures to transfer to my phone and this one's for you and Marco:

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                                Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight