JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

fake it till you make it

Good luck today Jodi, Pressing, Jack, and Swift!

Is it cheating to be the one to start the Sunday thread when my Saturday really isn't over yet?  4 more hours of night shift, then off to bed before one more night to round out the weekend.

I had a great LR on Saturday.  20 miles, felt great the whole time, kicked up the pace or effort at the end despite an uphill last couple miles.  Was a nice confidence booster since it was my first 20 of this cycle.  Going to plan on 8 miles today after I get some sleep.

Scott 16 miles at MP! WOW! That's amazing and I have to admit I'm jealous. Nice work!

Julia- sorry about the tough LR.  Mental toughness training?  I love that you get a pre-race 'do. Maybe if I cut off my long hair it would help me pr? That much less weight for me to carry 26+ miles...

Marco coffee butter? That's like my two favorite foods combined!

D-R your south beach run has me envious- my Saturday long run was at zero degrees.

SIAR frozen water at the water stops? Maybe they could make gatorade-cicles next time.  Our long run stop Saturday had some gummy bears tthat were frozen- I decided they would take too much energy to try to eat.

Looking forward to some race reports when I'm back online this evening!

jojo61397

JR--- Cheater, I thought I would be the first one...

Was going to get up at 4:30 AM for race start time, but had to pee badly at about 3:50 AM, so up now.  Eating a bagel and some Gatoraid, getting ready to head to where the shuttles are.  Cool thing is there is no gear check, but you lay a blanket on the ground and nobody touches anyone else's stuff...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jackdyl11

Jen - Awesome 20!  That's the best feeling!  And pretty amazing on your first 20.

Jodi - Yup, me too on the bagel and gatorade.  Good luck on your race!  I'm heading out in about 15 minutes for a 2 mile jog to the race start.

From yesterday:

Marco - Mmm pancakes, my favorite.  Sounds like a post race breakfast to me although I'm going to let someone else make them.

Scott - Wow! You must be feeling good for your race. Too bad on the time, you should have been slower!

Docket - That was a pretty normal routine for a running through type race.  It's only 6 though, I don't think that'll make me too tired.

SIAR - Yeah, I think its time to reign in the expectations.  I didn't lose too much time to my foot, and I had some really good training before and have had some since, but I'm not quite where I want to be.  It's tough to judge though because I haven't done a tempo run on the track in a while.  I guess we'll see in about two hours!

Swift - Good luck on your 10k!

Pressing - Good luck to you too! I laughed about the no kids dinner.  We spend all that time trying to have kids, and then spend so much time trying to get rid of them so we can have fun again.  Well, not rid of them, but you know what I mean.

Julia - Sorry about the tough run, but it was pretty crappy out yesterday and maybe that had something to do with it.  You've done enough great runs that one off day doesn't mean anything.  You've got plenty of time to recover!  It sounds like you're getting into prime taper madness.  Take it easy on yourself!

Julia1971

Hey!  I thought I might be first, too.  Good morning early risers.

I'm feeling a little better this morning.  Not as sore as I thought I would be.  I'm planning to run with my club and need to be adamant about running slow.  I usually get sucked into running faster than recovery pace with them and I can not let that happen today.

Good luck today racers!  I'm looking forward to some race reports later today

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Morning!  Good luck to Jodi, swift and PO today!

I'm off to the trail to do some ultra training with the ultra group.  My distance will be short but the time on the technical trail is necessary.

Jen, enjoy your short run.

Jojo, good luck!

jackdyl, morning!

Julia, glad you are feeling better.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. SRD for me and I'm going to take it. I'll take the doggies for a walk later to stretch my legs. I was a little worried that all of the MP miles yesterday might cause me trouble but my legs feel fine today.

Good luck to all the racers today! I LOVE race reports so I'm looking forward to reading some later.

JenRosie - Great job getting your runs in around your shift work and congrats on the 20 yesterday.

Jodi - Run like the wind!

Jack - ditto. Why isn't your race on the calendar?

Julia - I'm glad your feeling better today. Everyone has an off run or two but I'm sure the timing of this one is enough to shake your confidence a little.  If you need a booster just take a look at your training log. You have CRUSHED this training and that is what will help you reach your goal. Enjoy the recovery run today.

Damaris - Enjoy the ultra training today on the trail.

Too many posts from yesterday to comment on but I do want to say that this group is an awesome bunch of runners, virtual training buddies and friends. I'm really lucky to be part of such a nice group of people.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Good luck to all racing today.  Did 14 in the snow and freezing drizzle.  Had some good hills and waded through a foot of snow to cross a covered bridge that is closed because a car plowed into the side of it.  It was a good workout, and happy with the 31 miles for the weekend.  The only thing I plan to do before a marathon is to get about three of these types of weekends in a month and a half out.

jojo61397

I finished in 1:48!  3 mins off ultimate goal, but a solid PR Smile.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Finally PRed!!!

Congrats on the big PR, jojo! That's awesome!!

Hi everyone!

Heh, my 10K was ok. Was not expecting a really great time, due to the MP miles yesterday. Not sure of chip time yet, but basically I ran around the same time as I did in my last 10K in December. I guess this is a decent result, since unlike this one, I was pretty rested for that race. This was a kind of tough course, mostly downhill in the first half, mostly up in the second, but kind of rolling throughout. Wind was tough at times. The legs really started to feel fatigued in the second half. But I feel like it was a great workout, probably one of the last really good ones before the marathon in 2 weeks. I am still trying to warm back up, it was cold out there.

I'll write more later! Smile

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

Did 6 recovery miles this morning.  I decided not to run them with the group but to meet up with them afterwards.  I took some time on my run to think about why I was feeling so doom and gloomy after my run yesterday.  I reminded myself of what I learned this year: it's not really about the race.  It's about the process.  It's about making myself a stronger person by challenging myself to work hard every day and never give up on myself.  The PR is just a bonus.

Congratulations, JoJo!  That's a huge PR if you're signature is still accurate.  Nice job.

Swift, Yeah, I think all things considered, that's a good race.  In addition to what you noted, I think you're also logging more miles than you were leading up to your 10K in December...  So, are you tapering now?  If so, welcome to the craziness.  Smile

Marco, Way to get the run done.  Slogging through snow could not have been fun.

Scott, Thanks for the pep talk.  I'm feeling a lot more positive this afternoon.  I did the Rock Creek stretch again today.  I realized some of it is actually a little downhill.  Feeling even more confident that it won't give us any troubles.

D_R, Hope you had a fun and safe trail run.

Jack, I was thinking about you today.  Hoping it wasn't too windy for you all.

Run the mile you are in.

jojo61397

Julia-- I changed it this morning.  The previous record is 1:54.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

double post...don't like that there is no "delete" option

Jodi--Big congrats on the PR!  Now go get the sub 4 in a couple of weeks.

Bad Ass

Jodi, congrats on the PR!  Solid performance.

Scotty, enjoy your SRD.  I feel the same way about the group (here and in FB).  Awesome group of people.

marco, great run.

swift, I think you did great considering your legs were tired from yesterday.

Julia, good perspective.  Glad your 6 went well.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."