Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/7/13 - Go Cherry Blossom Racers (Read 14 times)

Finally PRed!!!

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Good luck to jackdyl and Julia in the race today! And to runnrchic if shes's racing today! Go racers, go!!

I'm drinking coffee before heading to meet a group for 10 or so. I seem to have a little bit of a cold or something, but it doesn't seem bad enough not to run. I feel worse when I first get up, yesterday I seemed to feel pretty good after my run.

I can't wait to read about the race later. Have a great day, everyone!

jojo61397

Good morning!  Off to help my DH do rocks before he goes TDY.  Cancelled Religious Ed today, just need a day off after yesterday's mayhem.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I did the advanced trail at Oleta to try my new trail Hokas.  Not impressed with them.  Will run more and do weights tonight.

Good luck, runnrchic, Julia, and Jackdyl!

swift, hope your 10 went well.

Jojo, you deserve a day off, girl.  Have you decided on Disney?  I registered for the marathon only.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

I ran 9 with the group and stuck on 1 extra after to get my 10. It is really nice out again, but I felt like my energy was a little low because of my cold. Still a nice run. Can't wait to hear from the racers how it went.

I forgot to mention earlier, I have lost 2 more pounds. Smile

jojo61397

Docket-- I don't think we are going to do it this year. We are going to Disney for my daughter's 8th birthday (on December 8th-- only going over Christmas), and I think it's just too much.

I forgot to add that I am planning on doing 4-5 miles on the treadmill.  DH is leaving shortly on TDY.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Looking forward to the RRs later.  This morning, I raked all the gravel and crap the plows left in my yard over the winter.  So, it went back out into the street where it came from so the city can sweep it.  Afterwards, did 7.67 with a little speedwork thrown in.  Now have to spend hours on the computer doing work that I won't get paid for.  Have a great Sunday everyone.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone. I hope the races went well J & J!

I ran 11.5 today. I still felt pretty achy and crummy, so I'm glad I have a few weeks left to get sorted out.

Jodi...congrats on your race directing yesterday!

Docket...give those Hokas some time...they also work well on the road too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Cherry Blossom Racer checking in with her race report!  It was a tough race.  I'm exhausted.  Honestly, I think I'm more tired right now than I was after the marathon.  No way could I throw a party right now.  LOL!  I'll be spending the rest of the day on the couch.

Thanks everyone for wishing me good luck today!

Swift, I hope the cold-like feelings are nothing.

JoJo, Oh boy do you deserve a day off from running and runners.  Hope you have a good one.

D_R, "Advanced trail" sounds hard.  Hope it didn't give you any troubles.

Marco, You get so much done.  Yard work and a run - nice job.

SIAR, Yes, you have a lot more time to work through the crumminess.  I'm not worried.  Smile

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Julia, read your RR.  Great job!  The trail is hard and I twisted my ankle a few times (which doesn't happen in my other shoes), but it went well.

marco, hi!  Are you ready for Boston?????  How is your wife today?

SIAR, hello!  Nice run.  Question, do you notice you roll your ankles more with the Hokas than other shoes?  Do you use them for every run?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia, read your RR.  Great job!  The trail is hard and I twisted my ankle a few times (which doesn't happen in my other shoes), but it went well.

marco, hi!  Are you ready for Boston?????  How is your wife today?

SIAR, hello!  Nice run.  Question, do you notice you roll your ankles more with the Hokas than other shoes?  Do you use them for every run?

Nah, not every run. I've been doing 2-3 a week in them, and I think I have about 100 miles in them. I actually feel like they're pretty nimble at under 10 oz, and have done some faster running in them. The only thing I'm cautious of is turning/cornering, I do it a little slower because they don't feel as stable. Maybe that's what you're experiencing with your ankles? The other thing is that it does take a few runs to get a sense of where your feet really are...I scuffed my feet occasionally at first bc of proprioception issues. Hopefully they grow on you.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Damaris--DW is better but still a little weak.  The pain medication they gave her took care of the pain, but really knocked her for a loop.  I am as ready as I am going to be.  There's always self-doubts.  For example, if I feel like I am laboring at MP plus 30 seconds, how am I going to run MP for 26 miles.  The course I ran in October had worse hills than Boston from miles 16-20.  I PR'd there following a fellow forumite.  I felt I started way too fast and I kept her in sight the entire way.  I hope to do the same with her and some others that are shooting for PRs this year.

jojo61397

I just did 3 miles.  Blah.  I ran on a full stomach.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

jackdyl11

Hi guys! I had a pretty good race but I don't feel it is interesting enough for a race report.  I finished in 55:53, 8 seconds off my goal.  I'm pretty happy with that.  There was a lot of wind around miles 7-8 which slowed me down about 20 seconds a mile.  Other people on my team said about the same thing.  I probably made some of that up after the turn, but I'm sure it cost me about 10 seconds.  Other than that, not much happened.  My splits were:

1: 5:32 (Wanted to be sub 5:30 because it is downhill but I seeded myself a little far back and had to weave around people)

2: 5:29

3: 5:22 (Too fast, but feeling good)

4-5: 11:13 (5:37, missed the 4 mile marker.  Slightly back up hill, but didn't feel bad)

6: 5:38 (Starting to get into the wind)

7: 5:54 (Holy crap the wind was like running into a wall!!)

8: 5:46 (Made the turn away from the wind in this mile, but still caught a good bit of wind.   My pace dropped to the low-5s as soon as I turned)

9: 5:28 (Starting to pick it up)

10: 1:22, 1:22, 1:22, 1:19, for a 5:25 (picked it up as much as I could.  I passed two people but didn't really kick against anyone).

I came 58th/a whole bunch of people, maybe 17k.  I'm happy with that.  And my team won our division although I didn't score points.  One highlight was passing Michael Wardian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wardian) who is coming back from an injury.  That isn't going to happen again!

The other highlight was seeing Julia at the expo! I was at the register for my LRS, and we were busy so I didn't have time to talk.  I looked for her on  Sunday but it was a madhouse and our paths didn't cross.

Julia1971

I came 58th/a whole bunch of people, maybe 17k.  I'm happy with that.  And my team won our division although I didn't score points.  One highlight was passing Michael Wardian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Wardian) who is coming back from an injury.  That isn't going to happen again!

The other highlight was seeing Julia at the expo! I was at the register for my LRS, and we were busy so I didn't have time to talk.  I looked for her on  Sunday but it was a madhouse and our paths didn't cross.

That's fantastic!  I think this was a pretty competitive race.  I don't think I've ever run a race and seen that many people in front of Michael Wardian.  I don't know about you but I'm exhausted.  I think fighting the wind took a lot out of me.

Run the mile you are in.