PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Good morning runners!

I think I might run today.  I'm definitely rested enough.  I'm just not sure I want to.  For one, it's 35 degrees out and I already packed away my winter running gear.  I was that sure spring was here.  For two,...  I guess there's not another reason.  Smile

I did spend some time thinking about what I'm doing for the next 14 weeks before I start training for MCM or NYCM.  I think I'm going to pass on doing another spring marathon and spend this time working on speed.  I would like to run a sub-20 5K and get my 10K down closer to 40 minutes.

So, yesterday, I shared a picture of marathons being easy.  Here's "marathons are hard":

I think this is a segment of the course where we're going up a bridge.  Most of my pictures are me mugging for the camera.  They serve as evidence that you can run a fast marathon and still have fun.

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Duplicate post.

Run the mile you are in.

Good morning,

Julia--thanks for the start and the pic.  Good luck in hitting your goals this year!

I have averaged about 11 miles a day over the past few weeks, so I may take a day off.  Went to work instead of running this morning and may work at least 10 hours while getting paid for 8.  I want to make sure everything is in order before we go on vacation next week.

jojo61397

Good morning Julia and Marco...

Going to do 4 miles this morning before work.  Only 5 more weeks until work is done.  Though my boss is attempting to tempt me into taking on more meetings, as she opened three more meetings up all at convenient times for me.  But this last check reinforced my decision.  I worked a TON (one week was over a 20 hour week) last month-- got paid a  grand total of $210...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning folks!  I was planning to run a few miles today but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it work with my schedule.  The below average temps outside don't make it very tempting either!  I'm going to try to at least get in 4 or 5 miles after work but I might have to put it off until tomorrow morning.  My legs feel really good and I need to snap out of the binging on junk food streak I'm on right now.  I'm afraid to step on a scale!

Julia - You look very determined in your picture.  I wonder if this was the bridge we crossed shortly after running past the Washington Nationals ballpark?  The metal grating on that bridge felt terrible on my feet.  Enjoy your run/rest today. :-)

Marco - A rest day sounds good considering your work schedule today.

Jodi - Have a good run today!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: That pic and the one you posted yesterday are both great! I'm going to work on my speed this spring, too (speed being relative, of course! I would like to get my 10K back to comfortably under 50).

marco: Your miles have been good, so I'm sure a day off would be fine.

jojo: Hope you have a nice 4. By the way, thanks for the tip the other day about WW, I may try that if I can't get where I'm trying to on my own. Good luck with the race directing stuff, sorry to hear about all the problems with that.

Scott: Good luck trying to get a run in.

I'm excited to start running again tomorrow, planning to get up early and run with BoMF. Then Saturday  I'm going with the running/brunch group, but I'll take it very easy. We are expecting some crappy weather to come in, though, actually have a chance of snow and sleet tomorrow am!

I have lost at least 1 lb. since before the marathon. I just cut out the remaining processed food that I'd been having once or twice a week and replaced it with healthier stuff. Actually I cut that out a little before the marathon, but I probably didn't show the weight loss just then, because of the carbo-loading.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I think I'm just going to hit the tmill here in a bit. I have today and tomorrow off to watch basketball - best two days of the year in my book. I'm looking to get over 105 miles this week, but I can still get away with 6 today so that's what I'll do.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Hi all.  Sorry I've been a bad forumite lately.  I've had a cold and have been sleeping in a little later each morning which basically has cut into my computer time.  I've still been able to workout as the cold hasn't taken me out too badly.  It's only required  cold meds at night so I don't keep dh up with my horrid trying to breath sounds.  Anyway, that stuff knocks me out something fierce.  Last night was the first time I didn't take anything and look, I'm up and posting!  Big grin

I have a 10 miler scheduled today.  We're expecting snow and rain and hail showers today so it could be interesting.  Yep, welcome spring.

I still plan on reading RR's but it may have to wait a little longer.  Grandma's funeral is tomorrow so we're taking off for another trip over the mountain passes.  They are also expecting snow today so pray we have safe travels, please!  Anyhoo, no personals as I need to pack for me and both kids today (dh can pack himself) and get everything squared away here before we take off.  Life should be back to normal soon.

Have a great weekend everybody!

thinkin about glory days

Hi, Everyone!  It's been awhile.  I'm having a tough time getting back into the groove.  But I have a little streak going (3 days), so hopefully I can keep that going and drop in here a little more regularly.

Scott, I saw your marathon time.  What a huge PR!!!  Congratulations!

I hope everyone is doing well.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Julia1971

I ended up doing 5 miles. It wasn't bad. The lungs were burning a little at the start and my legs felt heavy but everything loosened up by the end. On my way to the massage therapist. Woo hoo! Looking forward to have some of this soreness rubbed out and asking if they can feel anything wrong with the hamstring.

Marco, That's some good mileage. Hope you're somewhere neat for vacation.

JoJo, Don't back down. I think you'd make more money babysitting.

Scott, I think that is the bridge. The grating felt so weird underfoot... So, what's next for you? MCM? Don't let me forget to register.

Swift, Enjoy the group runs. Yeah, the carbs don't help with keeping weight down but we need them. I think cycling mine did help a little.

SIAR, 105 miles! Wow. That's rock star running.

Pressing, Drive safe. And, I hope you feel better soon.

Hilltopper, Hope you find your groove again.

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Hi!  I've been sick with asthma and a light cold, so no running for me until the ultra.

Julia, that's an awesome picture.  You look like marathoning at your pace is easy!

Hello to all.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Hey folks.  I found myself home from work a bit earlier than expected so I went for a 4 mile recovery run.  My legs weren't thrilled at first but it got better as I went.

NTS - I hope the weather is nicer for your return to running than it was for me.  No snow but plenty of cold and wind.  Good job with your change in diet.

SIAR - For some reason I'm not too excited for the tournament this year but I'll probably get sucked in.  105 miles is mind boggling!

Pressing - I'm glad you could check in.  Prayers are going out for you and the family to have safe travels.  I hope your 10 went well.

hill - Good to see you back! Woot for the mini-streak!  Thanks for the kind words.

Julia - They got a picture of me on that bridge too.  I'll post it later if I remember.  Next up for me will be Frederick HM in May.  If you are on the fence about running that one, I'll sweeten the deal by inviting you to IHOP for pancakes after the race with me and my family.  We went there last year and it seemed like half the customers in there were runners.

Damaris - I hope your cold gets better in time for your race!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...5k training sounds fun, but scares me. Are you going to use a plan? Glad to see you got the legs moving again.

Marco...nothing worse than working for free. Well deserved rest day.

Jodi...hope the run was good. Any chance you could talk work into a raise?

Scott...looks like you and Julia are on the same schedule. Nice to see your legs came around. The games today have been pretty ho-hum. I'm doing 20 and then 22 this weekend, so that skews the total a bit.

Swift...glad you're excited and that the weight is going in the right direction.

Pressing...get well and stay safe.

Hill...nice to see ya. Keep that momentum building.

Docket...hope the rest serves you well. Do you expect that the extra 5 miles won't feel too different?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

I am hoping to treat it as a long run and that yes, they won't feel different.  The weather is what's going to be bad.  And the sun.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."