not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 11/10 - Ft. Myers Beach Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 11/17 - Philadelphia Marathon (Tentative)

December

Docket_Rocket - 12/1 - Space Coast Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 12/8 - West Palm Beach Marathon

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yep, up again for a 5am run.  I need to learn to say NO ha.  Last night was a good little 3 mile run, and then the yoga session.  I could see it being really great for core and upper body strength if I could do it like 3 days a week.  I'm not sure how much I'll get out of it just once a week, but I did enjoy it.  I definitely got made fun a few times - once for being dressed like a ninja (it was cold, and I had no clue what to wear to yoga), and once for falling out of pigeon pose and crashing to the wood floor ha.

Hope you all get some good running in today.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Woke up to a slightly scratchy throat.  I forgot to take ibuprofen yesterday evening.  Sad  But, it's not as bad as it was earlier in the week, so I think I'm on the mend.  I'm going to try for something like 8 today.  Yesterday's workout was not great.  The humidity really surprised me - last time I ran it was still pretty pleasant out.  So, I think it's time to adjust my paces for the humidity.

Work was pretty intense yesterday and I went straight to happy hour, so I didn't have time for personals yesterday but will catch up this morning.  Here's a picture of my Cherry Blossom winnings:

Another happy hour tonight but not with running people this time.  I have one more month of partying before I buckle down and become a marathoner again.

SIAR, I think these 5am runs will be good for you.  The guy you're running with sounds like he'll push you a bit.

Marco, Seems like you're ramping up mileage again.  Hope the legs are feeling good.

Bruce, Sounds like you made the most of your run.

Scott, What a lovely picture.  The C&O is much more scenic your way...  I'm glad the shoes worked out.

D_R and RVD, I saw a highlight of that game and it must have been crushing for the losing team.  But, buzzer beaters seem common in professional basketball.  A friend used to joke they should just play the last 5 minutes of any given basketball game.  LOL!

Just B.S., That's a nice streak you have going there.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ended up with 8.5 miles because my running partner needed a couple extra minutes before work today.  It was only 42 degrees, after being in the 70s for the past few mornings.  Crazy weather.  Nothing special about the run, just a typical mileage eater at 8:00 pace.

Julia...You must be pretty disappointed when you don't come home with race hardware huh?  It seems like you're always getting something nice.  I guess you're just that good Smile  You're probably right about running with store owner.  He runs pretty smartly too...not a guy that tries to kill easy days or anything like that.  If I could just talk him into 7am I'd like him a lot better.  Hope you continue to feel better...have a fun evening too, party girl.

Good morning,

It has rained I think every day since Monday and it's doing so now which means another PM run.  It is also supposed to rain through the weekend.  So, I hope to get some more plants in the ground.  However, the grass will continue to grow and projects might be all inside the house.  I have a three-day weekend even though I would rather work Monday and earn the money.  As the big boss, I am not allowed to earn premium pay.  But, my reign of terror (yeah, right) ends in three weeks.

Hope to do another 8-10 afterwards.  Trying to get to 200 for the month but needed to do average about 10 the last 10 days of the month.

SIAR--thanks for the start.  You are braver than me...tackling yoga

Julia--glad you are continuing to feel better.  I am hoping work will be easy today also and we can ease into the weekend.

I woke up at 4 this morning with the bedroom window opened  to a chilly 36 degree temperature ... needless to say I decided to sleep in a bit before heading to work. (I refuse to wear gloves on a run in May!)  I have about 9 miles planned for today and will likely do them after work this afternoon.

So_Im_a_Runner- Nice job with the early morning 8+ miles with the RP. I also agree with marco on the yoga ... you're a braver man than me.

Julia1971- Nice hardware from the race. That plaque looks a lot nicer than the RnR one you showed earlier. Enjoy yourself on those 8 miles and hopefully the throat and weather will cooperate with you today.

marco59- Have a good 8-10 and hopefully you'll get a break in the rain so you can get in some good runs over the weekend (in addition to all the projects around the house)

Train smart ... race smarter.

Just did 10 after work with a couple of miles at MP.  Well, I just called it MP.  Actually is was a slower pace after adjusting for temperature, humidity, my age, the number of mosquitoes, elevation (8.5 foot elevation change), lack of cheering crowds, etc, etc.  I'm just gonna have to get up and do the serious stuff at 0530 so I can have temps in the 60s as a rule.  Sigh....

Gorgeous weather today.  Temps in the low 70s with low humidity.  Our summer hours kick in today, so I can leave here around 1100 (after coming in at 0700).  I'll do my usual 10 (with strides today), and then do fewer miles Sat and Sun -  maybe 3 miles each day with some strides, preparing for Monday's 5k.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I can't believe it's only 10:30am.  I want the work week to be over!  I ended up doing 11 miles total yesterday and weights.  Only 2 with hubby since it was so hot and humid he was done by the 4th interval so we shortened his workout.  That will teach him to adjust for weather.  Chiro and a recovery run tonight.

SIAR, yes, you're too nice to say no.  Can you please add the following races for me?

Docket_Rocket - November 10 - Ft. Myers Beach Marathon

Docket_Rocket - November 17 - Philadelphia Marathon (Tentative)

Docket_Rocket - December 1 - Space Coast Marathon

Docket_Rocket - December 8 - West Palm Beach Marathon

Julia, nice winnings!  Are you still doing the HM on Sunday?  Hope you feel better by then!

marco, hope you will get your run in.

Bruce, nice weather.  I'm jealous.

RVD, nice adjustment for weather.  Is your weather better in the AM?  Cause mine is so humid it's even worse pacewise than the PM runs.  Go figure.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

RVD, nice adjustment for weather.  Is your weather better in the AM?  Cause mine is so humid it's even worse pacewise than the PM runs.  Go figure.

Yeah, weather here in the summer is always better in the morning.  It will be humid, but that doesn't matter much when the temps are in the 60s as opposed to the high 80s or 90s.

Bad Ass

Bah, mine are never below 85F by 5am.  I need to get out of here!

Blog

Docket_Rocket - What's the matter ... couldn't you find a marathon on November 24th? I thought you were supposed to be a maniac! Wink BTW, you'd be very jealous of our weekend temperatures ... highs in the 60s lows in the 40s - I might just put in some extra miles for fun.

RVDowning- Enjoy those 10 miles today along with the early release.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Bad Ass

Angry

Docket_Rocket - What's the matter ... couldn't you find a marathon on November 24th? I thought you were supposed to be a maniac! Wink BTW, you'd be very jealous of our weekend temperatures ... highs in the 60s lows in the 40s - I might just put in some extra miles for fun.

RVDowning- Enjoy those 10 miles today along with the early release.

Blog

Hell of a run today.  I was flying.  I just kept getting faster and faster during the 10 miles.  Amazing what a cooler temp and lower humidity can do.  Did about 13 strides.

Bad Ass

SRD or URD or whatever.  I really didn't want to run and then we are having bad thunderstorms.  I can read between the lines.  It's a rest.

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Marco...That sounds like a lot of house work to get done, so it's probably a good thing you'll have Monday off.  It's been so cold here the grass actually stopped growing for the last two days - awesome!  Good luck getting to the mileage number again.

Bruce...I hope you got a glove-free run in later on in the day.  I opted for the stocking cap, but no gloves for mine.

RVD...Sounds like a couple of very strong runs for you!  I think you'd run me into the ground if you were my training partner.

Docket...Got your races added.  Enjoy the rest of your rest day.

Anybody know what NotTooSwift has been up to?