not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Good morning,

Maybe 8 later for me, since I have done 5, 6, & 7 the last three days.  The county is trying to get a Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics in June.  We live in a huge county and the population is not that large.  Since they were hurting for runners and I need a LR before the next marathon, I told them to put be down for 20.  Then, I realized I have to carry a torch!  We'll see how that goes.

Off to work!

Just did 10 after work on the greenway.  I did sneak in one mile at my new MP (9:00 mpm) just to get a feel for it.  I'm just putting in around 10 miles per day, trying to keep the legs limber before my 5k on Memorial Day.  Plus since that is the first day of the next Hansons' 20 week plan, I'll have to do another 5 miles on the way home to get in my 8 for the day.

Julia1971

Good morning.

I was planning to call in sick again today - as it turns out, I do have a bit of a head cold - but when I checked my Blackberry, I saw the one employee who can cover for me emailed to tell me she's going to be out today. Sad  (Sigh).  I'm sipping some tea and am going to pop some Tylenol and that should at least make the mild headache go away.  I'll take clothes in to work in case I feel better but probably won't get a run in today, which is okay - I'm running a 10K on Sunday.

Marco, I like the trend you're on - 8 sounds right.  And, what an honor to carry the torch for the race.  But, yeah, your arms are going to hurt.

RVD, You made me realize Memorial Day is just around the corner.  W00t!  There's a 3 day weekend coming up!

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

A busy day for me today at work ... I was already in the office by 4:30 and no chance for a morning run. I got 10 in last night and will probably do another 6-10 this evening depending on when I get home ... and how tired I am.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Bad Ass

Hi!  I did 10 this morning and proceeded to almost pass out when I got home.  Very scary while it happened.  I have been eating or sleeping well so I think I know why it happened.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

PressingOn

Hi guys!  Just a quick check-in to let you know I'm still around.  It's been busy so I haven't been posting.  Working on a yard sale with my mom for Saturday so I can hopefully earn some cash toward a new bike.  Whew.  There's a reason I haven't done a yard sale in all my adult life.  It's a lot of work.  Still hoping to get an easy 3 miler in today.  Coach has transformed my training into triathlon mode so a lot more biking and swimming lately and less running.  The change up has been nice for a little mental recharge but biking and swimming take up a lot more of my time.  Going out the door for a run is much simpler.

Marco - What an honor to carry the torch but yes, I can see it being tiresome after a few miles.  I'm sure you'll manage fine.

Julia - Feel better soon!  Sorry you have to go to work today.

RVD - So how'd the new MP pace feel?

Bruce - May you have enough energy for a run this evening.  Wink

Okay, talk at ya all later.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

PressingOn

Damaris - xposted.  Be careful out there!

PressingOn

Ha!  I go from no posting to 3 in a matter of minutes.  Big grin  But, I had to respond to Beth from yesterday.  Or was it the day before?  First, super big congrats on your PR!!!  Way to go!!!  Yes, I read back a little.  Thanks for asking about me.  I'm here!  Last week I had to speak at my brother's church on Sunday (he's a pastor) as he asked me to fill in for him on Mother's Day.  My entire week was spent writing up what I was going to say and traveling as it was out of town.  I have a new respect for pastor's.  It's a lot of work!  This week has been yard sale readying with my mom.  I need a real bike for tri's and need some cash to purchase it!

Okay, I'm leaving for a bit now.  Time to stop procrastinating and dig into the boxes in the garage for cash worthy items.

RVD - So how'd the new MP pace feel?

Not sure yet.  MP was only 9:00 mpm (just targeting sub 4:00 for Chicago) and during the last Hansons' training cycle I was using 8:50 for HMP.  I don't know that I totally have my legs back from last Saturday's marathon, and I only did one mile at the new MP, and the temp was up in the mid 80s which I'm not yet used to, so I can't really evaluate yet.  So, until I have a chance to do several miles at an early morning temperature I won't have much of an opinion as to how realistic it is.  I'll wear a heart rate monitor today when I do my 10 and I'll sneak another mile in at MP just so I can see what my heart rate is.

Bad Ass

Aren't you adjusting for weather?

Not sure yet.  MP was only 9:00 mpm (just targeting sub 4:00 for Chicago) and during the last Hansons' training cycle I was using 8:50 for HMP.  I don't know that I totally have my legs back from last Saturday's marathon, and I only did one mile at the new MP, and the temp was up in the mid 80s which I'm not yet used to, so I can't really evaluate yet.  So, until I have a chance to do several miles at an early morning temperature I won't have much of an opinion as to how realistic it is.  I'll wear a heart rate monitor today when I do my 10 and I'll sneak another mile in at MP just so I can see what my heart rate is.

Blog

Not doing any adjusting here.  I haven't found any suitable tables to try to use.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all.  I've had spotty internet service the last couple days, which has been very annoying.  Hopefully they have the issue figured out.  Yesterday was a group run day for me, and then I took today off and played golf instead.  I'd like to get a good run in tomorrow, but I have a lot of yardwork to get done so I'll have to be sure to run early.

Marco...That's kind of like a progression run you have going.  Carrying that torch would be really neat.  I don't imagine that it'd be much harder than carrying a pace sign.  While that's obnoxious, it's really not that tough.

RVD...Awesome job with your race coming in under your goal.  I'd love to read a race report from you some time!  Good luck figuring out your pacing.  It's tough to know when to change and by how much.

Julia...Glad you got in to your 10 mile race even though you slept a little.  I hope you're starting to feel a little better, especially in time for your 10k.

Bruce...Hope your tiredness didn't get in the way of your run too much.

Docket...yikes, hope you don't have that happen again!

Pressing...What kind of bike do you have your eye on?  I desperately need a new saddle on mine before I can even consider training for another tri.  I agree that swimming and riding seem to take more time, which is frustrating.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

4 additional miles, 2 with hubby.  No passing out this time, yay.

Blog

Julia1971

I ended up running home from work.  I pretty much felt like crap.  It's all in my sinuses, though.  Like every time I swallow, they hurt.  I think I'm gonna have some dinner, pop some kind of meds with a decongestant, and go to bed.

Bruce, Wow, that's an early day.

D_R, That can be scary.  Any idea what it could have been?

Pressing, Hope you're enjoying the change of pace.

SIAR, It must be great golfing weather.  It almost makes me want to break out my clubs.  Almost.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                                Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight