Marathoner Dailies

Holy Heck It's cold Dailies - January 23, 2013 (Read 11 times)

Just B.S.

January:

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Miami Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Just B.S.

Headed to the pool in a few minutes.

Need to run again today. This is supossed to be our coldest day of the year so far with a "feels" like

of -29F (once you get down around -22C the F and Celcius temps start to merge) .  That's when you know

it's cold as hell!!

You also know it's cold in Canada when they are putting frostbite warnings on the weather channel.

I can safely say i will run on my treadmill tonight. This weather isn't supposed to break until the  weekend.

Stay warm and if you are warm, well I envy you!!!

Brains aint me forte

Good morning!

Beth - Enjoy that swim and the TM run later.  So is it safe to say you draw the line at -29F?

It's the coldest it has been in DC in a couple years.  I know this because every weather person on television has repeated it non-stop for a couple days now.  I'm very happy that today is a SRD.  If I'm able to get in all the runs on my schedule, I'll break 50 miles this week which will be a first for me.

Have a great day all that follow!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

LOL!  I love the thread title.  Yeah, it's cold when you head indoors.  I had to do a double-take on my little "weather station" gadget when it read 16 degrees.  "That's not possible", I thought.  But, it is!

I'm headed to the gym shortly.  I'm doubling today, so, I'm going to pack my evening workout gear too and go back directly after work. My feet are a little sore.  I think they're unhappy with the combination of 2+ hours on the treadmill and new shoes.  So, I'm going to run in my racing flats to see if that makes them happier.  I'm thinking that will give them a nice stretch.

And, I was planning to bring in Dunkin Donuts for my staff today.  I might treat myself to one after my workout.  Approve

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

B.S.: Hope you had fun at the pool! Have a good TM run later.

Scott: Enjoy your SRD.

Julia: Hope your double goes well. Hope the feet feel better too,

I got in 3.78 recovery miles this morning in 30F (so colder than average here, but pretty warm compared to a lot of places). Knee is still far from 100%, but does not hurt with easy running (actually feels better running than walking). Running again this evening with one of the running store groups. Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Bad Ass

Morning!  Since Beth said it was cold half of Miami came to work wearing jackets even though it's 67F!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We are having a bit of a cold front. Unfortunately, the day of teh marathon, there is none.  79F is the high and I think it will go up more before Sunday, bah!

5 recovery miles later tonight.  In 71F Big grin.  I gotta flunt when I can!

Beth, enjoy the pool.

Scott, LOL at the weatherperson.  FWIW, Miami has had 15 straight days of 80+F weather and that's breaking records, forever records.  I hate this Winter.  Wait, what is Winter?

Julia, enjoy your double.

switft, sounds like a nice run.  Hope the knee continues to feel better.

And for SIAR, sniff!

Gotta go!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Brains aint me forte

Scott, LOL at the weatherperson.  FWIW, Miami has had 15 straight days of 80+F weather and that's breaking records, forever records.  I hate this Winter.  Wait, what is Winter?

In the DC area having snow in the forecast whips all the TV weather nerds into a frenzy.  If an incoming storm is supposed to bring more than a two or three inches then there will be LIVE coverage from a half dozen different locations.  They'll have live shots of cars sliding down unplowed streets, etc..  It's borderline hysteria.  I refer to it as a snowgasm.  Having spent a few winters in Wisconsin, I find it pretty amusing.

no new record...tied the old one at -2, but as Beth said the wind chill was probably around -20F.  On the way downstairs with my three layers of clothes, I lost my favorite pair of glasses.  I guess they'll turn up.  Letting the dogs out, I stepped barefoot in a pile that the 14 year old little dog had left.  I guess she couldn't wait.

Got away from the house and realized I had left my phone and passport, so add to alter my route and couldn't go to Canada.  The wind was horrible, my eyelashes froze, and had to stop for 10 mins to warm up after 4 miles.  I was lucky to last a little over 5.  Seriously thinking about taking a RD tomorrow.  Going to see Lincoln tonight as it finally got to the local theatre.  After an interesting start to the day, I have a large DD coffee and two doughnuts....things are improving.

Have a good day...got to get to work.

runmomto3boys

Beth: I just can't wrap my head around that kind of cold!  That is so ridiculously, insanely cold!!!!  I hope the swim goes well and that you have a nice TM run.

Scott: I hope you have a great RD!  That is fantastic that you are on track to have a PB week.  50 miles is fantastic!!!

Julia: Have a great double today!   I hope the racing flats do the trick and your feet feel better afterward!

Not too Swift: I'm glad the knee is holding up OK and that you were able to churn out some recovery miles.  That's all good news!!!

Docket: 71?  Oh my gorgeous weather!  I am so jealous!!  I don't say that often about your weather, but right now - yes ma'am!

Marco: Oh, man - poop, lost glasses, forgotten passport?  Just kind of a mess right there!

Good morning, guys!  I had 11 general aerobic on tap last night, but it was one of those nights where it's just too easy to run fast, so I let it go a bit.  I just made sure to keep the effort moderate.  Anyway, that means I need to slow it down tonight.  I had planned on 13, but I'm upping that to 14.  I want to keep my miles around or as close to 80 as I can and I already shorted my recovery run Monday (probably why I felt so good yesterday).

Brains aint me forte

After an interesting start to the day, I have a large DD coffee and two doughnuts....things are improving.

Have a good day...got to get to work.

Just 6 easy on the treadmill on this SRD.  I have a 5k Saturday, so am trying to make up some of the miles I otherwise would have run then.  I'll have to head outside tomorrow for long intervals.  It should be a bit warmer anyway, but still a bit too windy for my liking.

Bad Ass

That's the only time I would say that about my weather too, haha.

Beth: I just can't wrap my head around that kind of cold!  That is so ridiculously, insanely cold!!!!  I hope the swim goes well and that you have a nice TM run.

Scott: I hope you have a great RD!  That is fantastic that you are on track to have a PB week.  50 miles is fantastic!!!

Julia: Have a great double today!   I hope the racing flats do the trick and your feet feel better afterward!

Not too Swift: I'm glad the knee is holding up OK and that you were able to churn out some recovery miles.  That's all good news!!!

Docket: 71?  Oh my gorgeous weather!  I am so jealous!!  I don't say that often about your weather, but right now - yes ma'am!

Marco: Oh, man - poop, lost glasses, forgotten passport?  Just kind of a mess right there!

Good morning, guys!  I had 11 general aerobic on tap last night, but it was one of those nights where it's just too easy to run fast, so I let it go a bit.  I just made sure to keep the effort moderate.  Anyway, that means I need to slow it down tonight.  I had planned on 13, but I'm upping that to 14.  I want to keep my miles around or as close to 80 as I can and I already shorted my recovery run Monday (probably why I felt so good yesterday).

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon everyone.  I woke up to my legs feeling good, so I chose to do my double as a (quality, easy) day.  I did 11.49 miles total, with 4x6min at 10k pace (6:15, 6:15, 6:12, 6:11) pace with 3 minute easy pace recoveries.  The temp was 10 degrees when I headed out, so I guess I got one more day with more miles than degrees.  Even though I had ice all over my face when I was done, I wasn't cold at all, and with the faster intervals I really didn't notice the temps.  Tonight will just be 5 easy miles with the group from the running store.

I'll be back later for personals.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

runmomto3boys

SIAR: INCREDIBLE job on those blistering fast intervals and doing that in that chilly of temps?  Pretty fantastic!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Beth...Wow, is that cold enough that you could throw a glass of water in the air and it would freeze before it hit the ground?  I hope the pool and the treadmill later are good to you.  Do you ever time your laps in the pool?  I hadn't gotten to that point yet with my swimming.

Scott...The news is so obnoxious anymore....I really don't know why I bother watching, but I do nonetheless.  Hitting 50 would be awesome, especially given these conditions.  Keep up the good work!  Snowgasm...haha.

Julia...I think I had asked you about the pic before...probably just because it looks really professional and you look crazy fast in it.  I am definitely starting to learn that you're a big of a gear fan.  That's half the fun of running Smile  I get the sore feet too.  It's almost like they just get bruised on the bottom, for me anyway.  Good luck with your double - hope you packed everything!  Remember, the weight on your log is public so we can all find out how many donuts you really had haha.  My weight has been going the wrong direction the last few days as I've been eating like crazy.  I think I'm at 164...need to get into the 50s.

Swift...Good luck with your second run later.  Hopefully the easy runs will still allow the knee to recover.  Just out of curiosity, where is the pain located?  I do notice that my knees are pretty achy after the cold runs, but that's obviously different.

Docket...Nice 10 last night!  I didn't know the Miami folk even owned jackets.  Have a good run later Ms. Sniffles.

Marco...Yep, that's a terrible morning.  Nowhere to go but up!  Enjoy the movie later.  If you're really thinking about the rest, I'd say it's probably worth taking.

RMT3B...Thank you, as always.  Again, great job by you last night too.  Your legs must have been feeling really fresh.  Seeing those kinda times almost makes me wonder if you wouldn't have crazy talent for shorter distances.  I know your focus is the marathon though, and I don't blame you for that since that's where I started and kinda how I still am.  I hope the easy miles feel good for you later.  Will you do those on your indoor track?

RVD...Looks like a good strategy for stealing some miles.  I hope the weather cooperates for your longer intervals tomorrow.  It sounds like you're doing them either way though.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)