Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

October:

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

SRD for me. Happy running all! Back for personals later.

Good morning,

It was a balmy 45 earlier and I was a bit overdressed.  Thought it was raining and wore a rain jacket, but got a bit too warm.  Anyway, 11 done, back on track for the yearly goal, and now at work.

Hi Scott and all who follow

jojo61397

Rest day here...  Going to go to dance, and go paddle boarding afterward.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

onemile

Morning.

Nice job on the 11 Marco.

Rest day for me also.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! SRD for me today, too.

marco, nice 11, glad you're back on track for your mileage goal. 

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Joe1775

I did opposite of Marco.  It was 46F and I headed out in shorts and a tech t-shirt.  A bit cold, to say to least, but not too bad.  I only had a short 5 this morning anyway.  

4 days and a wake up until Rehoboth Beach Marathon!  I am excited to see the ocean again.  It's been a few years.  

PressingOn

Hey all.  Sorry I missed yesterday.  Church and a very, very cranky 9 year old due to a sleepover with a friend = no sleep.  By the time we got home from church (and a few errands) he was done and I had a migraine.  Both my kids had friends over Saturday night.  Maybe that contributed to my migraine on Sunday?  Wink  Anyway, no check in here and no workout yesterday.

Today is my last day of no running.  I've got 50 minute on the trainer and 30 minutes of core/strength/balance.  Other than that I'm getting out the Christmas decorations.  Cannot wait to try running again tomorrow!  

Scott - How's that foot?

Marco - that balmy weather can be hard to dress for.

Jodi - enjoy dance and paddle boarding.

Onemile - Enjoy your rest.

Swift - SRD for you too, huh?

Joe - And that's why I think 45 can be hard to dress for. You never know which way it'll feel. Too warm or too cold.  I find a lot depends on if it's raining or not.  

Scott, or whoever starts us tomorrow, could you add my race to the list?  Woolley Trail Run Marathon Distance  on Feb. 16th.  Thanks!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Howdy.  I did 7.72 miles this morning, pretty much at easy pace.  The run finished with 4x8sec. hill sprints at 100% effort.  They were very fun to do actually.  I think I'm still shaking a bit of the junk out of my legs from my pacing endeavor, but generally I felt good.

Scott...Were you able to find any of the lacing methods I mentioned, or would you like me to look for some for you?  I hope the rest helps.

Marco...I'm glad you're on track again.  I don't know about you, but I'd rather be hot than cold any day.

Jodi...Wow, your husband's gift sure is getting a lot of use huh?

OneMile...Have a good rest.

NotSwift...Wow, rest city!  How are the legs feeling?

Joe...Hopefully that ocean doesn't give you any reason to hate it come marathon day!  It does sound like an awesome marathon though.  Do you have a goal you're shooting for?

Pressing...ooph, sounds like a tough Sunday.  I guess putting up with that is a small price to pay for making the kids happy though, right?  Looking forward to running again is awesome...sometimes I think a few days off just to re-ignite the fire is worth it.  Remember, spin those pedals, don't mash them Smile  I'm looking forward to having my trainer soon.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Docket....Can we get the 411 already, please?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Joe1775

SIaR - I don't wear a watch when I run.  I run how I feel.  I tend to be around 3:45 for the marathon.  If I am faster than that, you'll know I had a very good run.  If slower, well some days can be a struggle.  

The only time goal I have for the marathon is to have a "good time."  Meaning, I hope to meet some awesome folks, enjoy a great course, and eat some good food afterwards.  

Joe1775

Docket....Can we get the 411 already, please?

Has anyone heard from Docket?  Vegas is notorious.  I hope she had a good time.  

onemile

Has anyone heard from Docket?  Vegas is notorious.  I hope she had a good time.  

She has posted a RR in the BF group.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE (this AM): 5 easy recovery miles. 

Hi ImNotScott, Jojo, onemile, and NotTooSwift. 

Marco - Great planning for the goal.

Joe & Marco - it was 50 here. I dressed between what you did... I was just right (reminds me of 3 bears)

PressingOn - Sorry about the migraine. My wife gets those; I'm lucky that I don't.

SoImARunner - Is that 4 x 8 second blasts?  At 100%... Woah!  I only did 100% when chasing down a car. :-)

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Mostly Harmless

SIAR - Thanks for the offer.  I searched and found a few links.  When I get back at it in a few days I'll look at it closer.  Right now it hurts too much to even consider running.  I'm working from home today and was barefoot all morning.  I had to run a quick errand on my lunch break and was surprised to find that putting on a shoe actually makes it feel better.  I'm back home now and the shoes are off again.  It definitely hurts more to walk barefoot than with a shoe on which is kind of odd.  I think it might be a little swollen but it is hard to tell.  My feet don't match since I had PF surgery on one (the one that doesn't hurt) and the arch has sagged a bit on that foot.
                                and that is WAY more information about my feet than anyone wanted to have inflicted upon them!

Good job pacing the HM.  I am very impressed not only by the pace you set (my PR is 1:50) but by the fact that you came in exactly where you were supposed to.  I followed a pacer in my first FM who also came in exactly on time I really appreciated knowing that he was going to be crossing the line when he was supposed to.  When I fell back several times he was a great visual target to shoot for and am 100% certain I wouldn't have achieved my time goal if not for him.  I'm sure someone is out there saying the same thing about you right now, so good job!

Marco - Sorry about your fall yesterday and good job getting in the 11 and getting back on target for your goal!

Jojo, OneMile, NTS - Enjoy your SRD's!

Not Too Swift - Congrats on your awesome finish and thanks for sharing your experience with the stress reaction which I had never heard of before.  I have good insurance and will probably try and get to the doctor's office this afternoon or tomorrow.

HillTopper - I'm glad you are having a good time easing back into running after the marathon.

Joe - Sounds like you are enjoying the taper. :-)

MarkRice - I added Boston to the calendar for you.  Good luck with your training and your goal!

PressingOn - Have fun on the trainer and decorating.  I added your race to the calendar.

Happy Monday to anyone I missed!