Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - Jan 31/12 - Say Goodbye to January!! (Read 12 times)

Just B.S.

January:

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Miami Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Just B.S.

Morning everyone!!

Got in a swim and a run yesterday for about the 6th or 7th time and felt the same as is I only ran so my body is

starting to get used to the double workouts!

Headed off to the pool for laps right now. Then coached swim tonight. Last week he said that everything about my form/stroke was good but we needed to get the cadence in my arms higher and he was going to work me hard this week.........I'm a little scared!!!

Re the tights: hubby was never a tights guy but the last 4 or 5 years he has become a convert. It's OK with me, he has a really hot butt!!LOL

Got an email last night that our travel group to Ireland is up to 30 people now!! This is going to be fun!

Have a good one folks!!

Julia1971

Good morning, all.  Buh Bye, January!

I didn't sleep very well last night.  I woke up at about 3:30am and couldn't really get back to sleep.  I'm going to try and double today - 6 in the morning and 4 in the evening.  I think I have time to fit in a recovery run this morning.  The winds are gusting up to 50mph, though.  I'm thinking I can still run outside since I'm not running for speed but it could be comical.  Big work day ahead but I'm thinking of doing my second run downtown after the last thing that (as of now) I know has to be done today, which should be over by 4:30, and then commuting home.

Just B.S., Good job on the double...  In those temps, I would think tights are a must.

SIAR, LOL - "not hiding all this effort".  SMH.  You're too funny.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
        Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

jojo61397

Just BS--  Good morning sounds like fun, are you doing a Tri?

I'm doing around 3 miles before crossfit, then another 3-4 miles after work.  Hoping one of these days I get all my mileage in.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good Morning Friends,

SRD for me. I've got a hot date with my foam roller this evening.

Beth - Enjoy the double swim day!  30 people on your trip sounds really fun!

Julia - Try not to get blown away out there! I watched the trees bend on my drive into the office and was grateful for the rest day today.

Jodi - I'm not familiar with cross fit.  I'll Google that this morning.  Have a fun workout!  The link you tried to post last night isn't showing up.  Can you post it again?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles later tonight.  Working from home which I am happy about since I do not want to be at the office today with all the drama that will unfold.  I woke up with a headache, pfffttt.

Hope everybody is having a great day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Soup-Soul-Inspirational-Aspergers/dp/1611599083/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359636861&sr=8-1&keywords=Chicken+Soup+For+The+Soul+Autism

Sorry forgot the link.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! I dunno what was up with my Garmin last night, it would not upload the data, Garmin test page could not see it, so updated all the software, etc. and still nothing, then this morning it finally just worked. I am going to try to get a new Garmin fairly soon because this one has been acting so quirky. Need to get a double in today to get my miles, going to do a few extra since the weather shortened my planned miles yesterday.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on my training. I definitely think I need to mix up the training some and try some different things, and have been doing that somewhat already. For this cycle I went back to planning my own training, since that's what I was doing when I set my PRs. I feel like I'm making progress this cycle just based on how I feel and how I'm doing in key workouts, but if this cycle doesn't result in a decent time (not trying to PR because of the hills), I will try something different.

Back for personals later, have a great day everyone!

jojo, that's awesome about the book!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

On the road today for a meeting.  I was hoping for 250 miles for January and needed 11.5 today.  We have 30-40mph winds, but it's 54 degrees!  Keep in mind it was 6 two mornings ago and by Saturday it's supposed to be bacvk down to 3.

I did 1.5...the rain started....I went back to bed and slept some more.  Oh well, 240 is OK.

Had the alarm set for 0245, got up and took a look outside.  All the trees were leaning sideways and the wind was howling, so I went back to bed.  I was supposed to do 2wu+8MP+2cd but instead attacked the treadmill at work and only did 2wu+2MP+2cd.  I'll see if I can just do today's workout tomorrow as I did last week because of weather considerations.  Worst case I might have to do it Saturday followed on Sunday by an 18 mile long run.  I'm sure the Hansons' schedule would frown upon back to back substantive days.

not too swift:  Try a reset or worst case a master reset and see if everything gets back to normal.

Bad Ass

Awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Soup-Soul-Inspirational-Aspergers/dp/1611599083/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359636861&sr=8-1&keywords=Chicken+Soup+For+The+Soul+Autism

Sorry forgot the link.

Blog

Bad Ass

2:45am?  I am barely on my second hour of sleep then!

Had the alarm set for 0245, got up and took a look outside.  All the trees were leaning sideways and the wind was howling, so I went back to bed.  I was supposed to do 2wu+8MP+2cd but instead attacked the treadmill at work and only did 2wu+2MP+2cd.  I'll see if I can just do today's workout tomorrow as I did last week because of weather considerations.  Worst case I might have to do it Saturday followed on Sunday by an 18 mile long run.  I'm sure the Hansons' schedule would frown upon back to back substantive days.

not too swift:  Try a reset or worst case a master reset and see if everything gets back to normal.

Blog

Mostly Harmless

Just wanted to add a big ol' YAY ME!  I have a new monthly mileage PR of 216. Some of you folks will blow that away, but I'm happy. :-)

Damaris - Enjoy the 5 later. Kudos for dodging the drama at work.

Jodi - Thanks for the link.  Congrats on getting published.  That's very cool!

NTS - Have fun on your double. I stayed far away from offering you advice. You are a lot more experienced than I am in the running department.  The only nugget I can add is that we all get to define our own definition of success with this sport.  Maybe if you don't achieve your upcoming goals you should redefine what success means to you?

Of course this is coming from a complete newbie that has yet to run a race and not PR.  Not because I'm an awesome runner (well not JUST because I'm an awesome runner) but mostly because I'm new.  I'll probably plateau in the next year or so and we'll all see how well I take my own advice then!

Marco - 240 is awesome. Glad you decided to stay dry.

RVD - I am always amazed at how you get up so early.  Great job getting those TM miles in and good luck juggling the schedule around.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Beth...Nice job on the swim/run.  I didn't feel too much difference for those, but definitely noticed the fatigue when trying to run off the bike.  Has your coach either counted or had you count how many strokes you're taking for a lap?  I'm just curious as I take way too many still.  That's funny about your DH and the tights.  Running does wonders for a good butt though.  Your Ire trip is going to be a blast!

Julia...Ugh, I didn't get any sleep last night either.  I almost felt like I had restless leg syndrome or something.  Have you ever seen those videos of dogs that running in their sleep and their legs are going a mile a minute?  That's what mine felt like.  I hope the wind didn't blow you away on your recovery run.  Good luck getting everything done today.

Jodi...Wow, a double run and cross fit.  Good stuff!

Scott...How'd you miss the whole cross fit craze?  I don't have the upper body strength to even consider it.  Enjoy the rest and roller.

Docket...sounds like a good plan staying away from the drama.  Enjoy the 5 miles.

Swift...That's odd re your Garmin.  Sometimes those things are just fickle.  I think they're doing some site work this weekend too, which always take longer than they say.  Good luck with the double today.  As for your training, I think just staying positive like you are is a big step.  You're feeling results in your body, and that should show up in your races too.

Marco...Ha, I could almost feel your internal struggle about running/not running in your post.  240 is still a solid month for sure!

RVd...yep, Hansons may frown.  Sometimes it's better to just let a workout go if you're not able to get it done.  It's just one of many, many bricks in the foundation.  At least you were able to get some work in today.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

CompetitiveChik

Hey guys, I've got 10 min warm up in the elliptical, 4 miles on the tm and then 10 min cool down on the bike. I hate the treadmill and am not lookin forward to it but at least it's only 4 miles. whew! after my scheduled workout I"m gonna hit up the trails again with a different demo. Don't know if I told you guys but I broke the last one. Oops!Blush it's funny now cause all the guys call me killer. when I was taken the other demo home last night they kept tellin me "don't break it". lol Fortunately the frames have a lifetime warranty so we're just waiting for the replacement. I can't wait to get out on this one. I'm testing 2 different ones to see which one I want to buy. Luckily for me we had demos for the 2 models I've been lookin at. WooHoo

JUSTBS - enjoy your workout today. I'm likin my 2 aday workouts as well. I really feel like I'm gettin things done. I just hope it shows in my next race

JULIA - winds were bad here last 2 days. upto 50mph gusts. not exactly what I wanted to be in. luckily the winds stayed away yesterday till I was almost done with my track workout. hope you're able to get your runs in. sorry about the little sleep. that was be after I banged up my leg from the mountain bike ride. I"m sleepin through the nights now. lol

JOJO - sounds like a day of fun. enjoy

INS - enjoy your date. Big grin I'll be on mine today too.

DAMARIS - we had a meeting at work last night that I forgot about. it was a good thing I missed it. I heard it was nothing but a gripe session.

NTS - I'm enjoying the workouts coach has assigned me. it mixes it up for me. plus i know what I'm doin from one day to the next. I'm used to planning my own schedule and running quite a bit more than what I am right now. I"m kinda freaked out but trying to trust her. I'll be sending her an email later today with a few questions so i can better understand what she's doing and try to see what she see's

MARCO - 240 is more than ok. thats an awesome number. I"m barely at 180. have a safe trip. PS - the closer the woodlands race gets the mroe I think about you 2. sometimes it just sucks to live so far away from ppl we've met.

RV - nice call. I won't run in winds like that. it's just too dangerous. you don't know what will come flying. IMO

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon