Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/1/13 - Meteorological Spring is Here! (Read 17 times)

Julia1971

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

CompetitiveChik - 3/23-24 - Texas Independence Day Relay

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Good morning, all!

I stayed up way too late last night watching my Virginia Cavaliers beat Duke.  I've got some serious sports mojo going on right now.  Maybe I'll try to will them into the NCAA tournament...

After coffee and Nuun, I have a 6 mile recovery run.  My legs are finally feeling a bit rested.  Right in time for my last long run this weekend.

It should be a busy day at work.  One of my employees retired yesterday so today will be the first day we'll see the impact of his departure.  And, since I'm a fed, there will be lots of talk about the sequester and furloughs.  Maybe I should bring in donuts to soften the anxiety.  Or, liquor.  Smile

Edited the thread title.  It's Meteorological Spring!  Yay!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Just B.S.

Morning Julia! I posted late last night so I will repost those comments this morning.

Back home. Left last Thursday, arrived home late  Wed. night.

Spent yesterday sleeping in a bit after a week of very little sleep/rest,  getting things back to normal,

6 mile run in the morning then swim clinic after dinner.

Was so happy to get back in the pool!! I really really missed it.

I will post about the trip/race possibly tomorrow with photos. What I will say for now is that we went

with the goal of an  Epic Fun Adventure while assisting our friend to a half marathon finish for her

50th bday, while wearing a silly costume. That was achieved in spades. I doubt any 3 women ever

had more fun running a Disney race. We were literally laughing so hard in the start corral we almost

pee'd our costumes.  This continued through the race especially at the Pirates of the Caribbean photo

op where I pinched Jack Sparrows bottom and he liked it!LOL

In other big news.............last Thursday I went to the pool before leaving for Florida and swam 1,000

meters without stopping.......that's 1 kilometer people!!  Went from zero to 1 km in 7 weeks.

Pretty sure I've got this 750m swim at the June triathlon in the bag!

7 miles later today. On my way to the pool right now.

Be back tonight for personals! Sorry I won't be able to catch up on the last week's goings on!! You folks are

just too chatty!

Julia1971

Just B.S., Welcome back!  I can't wait to see the photos.  It sounds like you gals had a great time.  I bet Jack Sparrow didn't see you trouble makers coming.  Wink  Hope your workouts went well.

jojo61397

Julia and BS-- GOOD MORNING!

Going for a nice 4 miler on the treadmill this morning...  Have a ton of stuffs to do this afternoon.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning! March is here, which means race day just got much closer! Is it too early to start freaking out?

I have 6 today at easy pace today. I'm really looking forward to running 16 at the C&O Canal tomorrow morning.  It's funny that I've been thinking that it's "only" 16.  At the start of this training cycle I hadn't run more than 14 in a long time so 16 or more was a little intimidating.  After a 22, a couple 20's and at least two or three 18's, "only" running 16 feels like a day off.

Julia - Enjoy the 6 recovery miles today.  Are you running another 20 this weekend?  I'm a fed too but so far there hasn't been a lot of talk about the sequester here. The uppity ups are telling us no furloughs here so that has kept everyone calm.  I think the sequester is more political drama than anything else.  To me, the real danger for us feds is when the continuing resolution expires at the end of the month. I think there is going to be a big battle over getting a budget through.  That's just my 2 cents though.  I'm just an IT project manager, so what do I know anyway?

Beth - Welcome back!  I'm looking forward to seeing pics from your trip. I'm glad you had such a great time with your buds and I also hope that re-entry into the frozen Great White North wasn't too painful!  I don't know nuthin' bout no swimmin, but I agree that it looks like you've got 750m in the bag.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jackdyl11

I had a short, meh tempo last night.  I only went 3 of 4 miles I had planned, but that's ok with the race this weekend.  I ran along my normal route instead of going to the track.  The 3rd mile was mostly up hill and I didn't want to keep going after.  I was thinking the first 2 would be faster since they're both net downhill.  Hopefully it was just dark and after a long day.  My HR was pretty reasonable throughout.

Julia: Happy Spring! You're a good boss.  Mine always promises food but never brings it in!

Jojo: Have fun on your 4

Just BS: I'm glad you had so much fun! Can't wait to here more!

Scott: Don't you know your name has to start with J to post on here?  I still hope you have a good 6 though.

Mostly Harmless

OK, I bit the bullet and just paid $20 for a "premium" parking pass. There is a giant festival style concert taking place the same day as the race.  So for $20 I can park at the finish and they include a metro pass that will get me to the start.  I considered taking Metro the whole way but I live about 30 minutes from a metro stop and the idea of riding on a train for an hour and then driving another half hour home AFTER running a marathon isn't all that appealing. Screw you Al Gore, my carbon footprint is going to be bigger on race day.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Scott, I'm "only" doing 17 this weekend.  I just checked the weather channel online and it looks like tomorrow will be the better day for it.  I kinda want to wear my race-day outfit but it's only getting to the mid-40s...  It'll be interesting to see how Shamrock Fest impacts us.  It looks like the gates don't open until 12:30, so you should be able to get out of the parking lot without too much trouble.  I'll be taking Metro there.  My brother runs a car company and I think I'm going to ask him to send a car for me and my best friend.  It seems so decadent, though.  Al Gore would not be happy with me...  We've been told 4 furlough days.  We're hoping they'll tack them on to weekends/holidays to make it less painful, but we'll have to wait and see.

Jack, I'm glad you've rebounded from your injury and you're racing.  Good luck!

JoJo, You can stand to look at your treadmill after the 20 you did?  Good for you!

jojo61397

Julia-- it was difficult to say the least.  I hate running the treadmill...  But worth it given my work schedule.

NRR-- my husband is growing a mustache for March.  I F($*ing hate facial hair...  So I'm getting my hair cut as short as Charlize Theron today (just google oscar 2013 Charlize Theron).

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

I have got days to catch up on.  Skated 10 miles over really bad roads this morning at a 9:30 pace then shoveled/snow blower for another 20 mins after that.  DD coffee and two donuts are my reward for being out in that mess.

Hoping for a big mileage month in March before tapering the first of April.  It may be hard as I have vacation the last week and will be out of town training for a few days earlier in the month.

Bad Ass

Morning!  6 recovery miles tonight after the chiro.

Beth, welcome back!

jojo, LOL.  You would look gorgeous in that look.

Have a nice day all and good luck to our racers this weekend!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

runmomto3boys

: popping back in after a breather :

OK, I bowed out of a bunch of other daily groups I'm in so I have a bit more time now. I'm going to make it  a rule to be diligent about posting in this one.

Julia: You are still killing it, I see, you blazing fast girl you!!!  Your race is coming up soon: time flies when you aren't the one racing (*giggle*)!  Are you doing a three week taper?  How heavily are you tapering? Enjoy the 6 mile recovery run today. I need to hear about your race day outfit: did you get something extra cute?  I hope so!!!  Colors?  Deets!

Beth: Yay!!  See, I can still keep in touch with you over here.  That makes me oh-so-happy!!!!  You so have the tri swim in the bag.  It is incredible to me the progress you've made in your swimming since you started.  Seriously, it's awe inspiring. It *almost* makes me want to get in the pool - *almost*!

Jojo: Enjoy that 4 miler today!!

Scott: Isn't that realization just awesome?  I remember that from last cycle when there were so many "first" - first 16, first 18, first 20, etc.  You have come so far!!!!  Have a great 16 miler: easy peasy!  I would've sucked it up and paid for the premium parking too.  The convenience is so worth it.

Marco: You and me both!  I want some big miles this month too.  That sounds like a rough, icy run this morning.  I'm glad you got the run in and that you are OK.  That is exactly why I hit the track.  I'm so afraid of hurting myself outside (OK, the reality is I am just a huge wimp!).

Jack: Tempoing at 5 freaking 30 pace.  NUTS, NUTS, NUTS!!!  You are a beast to the nth degree!  I can't wait to hear how you slay the competition at the race this weekend.  You are so ready.  Good luck!!!

I should bring you all up to date on me.  I was targeting 3:25 at Green Bay (PR from Oct. is 3:32), but I suddenly had a big ole drop in my paces that makes 3:10-3:15 look very doable.  I had couple of fast LRs at 7:23-7:24 pace in the last month at the end of 80 mile weeks that   make 3:15 a lock, for sure I think. I ran what was essentially a 5 mile time trial at 6:05 pace on Tuesday and that was a "OMG, DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?!?!?" sort of run.  I had my first sub-6:00 split in that run and ran my first run (11 miles total) at an overall pace of < 7:00 (I could've ran it faster - I just ran my normal pace w/u and c/d miles).

Anyway, some people have been nudging me to get a coach and I have been working with one informally (this guy seriously ROCKS!), but after that run, I hired him. He thinks I will be able to run sub-3:00 someday, which is so crazy to me, I can't quite wrap my head around that concept.  I've been doing Pfitz's 18/85 plan with added miles.  Structurally, he's going to keep things similar because it's clearly working for me, but he is going to reign me in on my paces and the ratio of hard/easy runs so I recover fully (I tend to push hard) and so I avoid over-training, while at the same time peaking at the right moment (race day - duh!).  Oh, and my 1 year running anniversary is coming up soon - 6 days - and I hit the 3,000+ mile mark since I started running, so YAY!  OK, sorry so long-winded and sorry it was so ME, ME, ME, but a lot has been happening as of late!!!

Running wise, I took yesterday off because I have been wrecked from the TT.  I have 15 on tap for tonight, 12 tomorrow AM and the coach doesn't want me to exceed 17-18 Sunday (I wanted 20+) because that would be too many quality work outs in a 7 day period (I ran 23 last Sunday, had the TT Tuesday, and + the proposed > 20 miler would be too much).  So, I am thus settling for 17-18.

I look forward to keeping up with you all now daily and I promise not to leach out again!!  Talk later!

jackdyl11

And the talent doubles up at the Dailies! Welcome back Heidi!  You still have a long time until your marathon. If you improve any more, you're going to have to go for sub 3 just to make it a hard effort!

CompetitiveChik

Hey all,

Coach wanted me to do 30 min of spin this morning but I slept in instead. My left hammy is still somewhat bothering so I'll be rolling. Leavin here about noon to head to my friends house in Conroe, We'll pick up our packets shortly after and head to dinner with some ppl from the DM.

Race weather tomorrow is lookin perfect: 30's for the start and 40's when I come across the finish, partly cloudy with some winds. PERFECT runnin weather. So perfect, in fact, that I'm shootin for a major pr, 3:50. that course is super flat, no hills so I'm really stoked.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon